K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019
To start with, let me just say that I haven't harmed another person. The things I have done haven't affected another person in any way. I'm not willing to disclose what it is I feel so guilty about, for the shame I will feel knowing others are aware of my past actions will be too much.

One of these things is something I have done many times. This all took place between 3 to 7 years ago between the age of 17 and 21 (possibly 21 a half at the latest) but only very occasionally. I can't begin to understand why I had felt that it was okay to behave in such a way. Now the thought of it sickens me. It's truly monstrous. Evidently it is something unforgivable, too, because even I cannot forgive myself. But I suppose I should be glad that I came to realise how repulsive this was/is -- well, I think I always knew, but I chose not to act in the way I knew I should of.

I believe the feelings of guilt and shame for these acts may have been a fundamental part of what caused me to have a mental breakdown at the age of 19 and a half. Looking back now, I wonder if it played a role in why my depression became psychotic in nature when I began to be marginally delusional.

It is has been at least 3 years since the last time. I feel an immense amount of remorse for this, and I am certain it will never happen again.

The 2nd thing only happened once. I'm much more forgiving of myself for this. By this point I had become really quite unwell. I do not remember much of what happened between the age of 20 and 22 and a half, but I know that this occurred during that period of my life.

The night this took place I was high (smoking weed) as usual. I recall watching the television show "Lost". To give you an example of how unwell I was, I started to believe that I was experiencing something similar to that of the characters in the show, that perhaps I had died and was experiencing misery in some sort of afterlife, retribution for the things I had done. Although unlike in the story of the TV show, my afterlife was a world identical to the one I had lived before but one where I'd suffer, like I had been at the moment, for the terrible atrocities I'd committed.

But in the moment, just as I was about to do it, I stopped. It felt like something else had taken control of me. As if some force outside of myself had intervened. I remember the shock I felt upon realising the disgusting thing I was about to do.

To this day I still have no understanding of why I felt compelled to behave in that manner, in that instance. It doesn't feel right for me to blame it on the fact that I might have become delirious at that time. Even as I type this I question whether I am being totally honest with myself. Maybe I need to believe that I wasn't really in control of myself because it relieves some of the guilt.

I feel like a completely different person now, but I am still haunted by this, and there seems to be nothing that will allow me to accept my past actions - but some part of me feels it should be that way so to remind me to never allow that evil to take hold of me again.

I feel entirely detached from the person I was back then. I guess it might be a similar experience to that which religious types experience when they are able to move past their sin like they're born again. The only difference being that I find no comfort just as Christians do when God forgives them for their sins.

Will I ever be able to forgive myself?

Is there any way I will be able to live with this until my death (which may not be for so many more years if I ever do find the courage to end my life)?

Could you forgive someone who has committed such evil acts if they feel deeply remorseful?

Have any of you experienced something like this?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Time, Nem, OreoWellington and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I aborted all 5 of my children ;-; I'm not sure it gets worse than this. I feel like I should not be alive. I have borderline personality disorder that was never identified or treated even though I tried to find help in my 20's knowing that something was wrong by this time. The condition contributed to the impulsivity and inability to form healthy relationships. But yea it's probably not as bad mine. Now I get to just get older alone, pathetic impoverished cat lady and a aging prostitute on top of it. My life is so fucked. You being able to admit and feel bad about what u did is a big deal and I think it is forgivable when u can legit feel remorse and express that u suffer because u may have caused harm.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: tryingtoescape, Time, exhausted and 6 others
K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019
I aborted all 5 of my children ;-; I'm not sure it gets worse than this. I feel like I should not be alive. I have borderline personality disorder that was never identified or treated even though I tried to find help in my 20's knowing that something was wrong by this time. The condition contributed to the impulsivity and inability to form healthy relationships. But yea it's probably not as bad mine. Now I get to just get older alone, pathetic impoverished cat lady and a aging prostitute on top of it. My life is so fucked. You being able to admit and feel bad about what u did is a big deal and I think it is forgivable when u can legit feel remorse and express that u suffer because u may have caused harm.
Thankyou for replying to me with such compassion. It really means a great deal to me. Though I am not so sure you would still feel the same If you were to know what I did. But i appreciate your kind words just the same.

I would like you to know that I do not think you should feel so bad about this. Without meaning to say anything that would upset you or anyone who is against abortion -- it is my belief that during the time when someone is able to have an abortion, in my opinion, having abortion isn't wrong or immoral. A human being has not been created yet. And regardless, you do suffer with borderline personality disorder, and as you have said, impulsivity takes control and you decide to do things you otherwise wouldn't if you were in a different state of mind at that time. I'm not so sure that you should feel responsible for those actions.

I'm sorry that you are suffering because of this. You seem like a really kind person and I only wish you well.

Sorry if anything I have said about abortion upsets anyone

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Time and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'll bet it's not that bad, unless u harmed other people directly. We have not lived in a moral society in a long time especially in the US. The 1950's was the last of the more moral times and then it was propagandize the young to be brainwashed to serve the interests of the ruling class. Now we are brainwashed away from being raised to be good so it's not really that surprising that so many people especially young people do stupid immoral stuff that hurts themselves or others down the road. Doing bad stuff when young is also a reflection of the parenting and guidance u recieved. If u grew up raised in a abusive environment, influenced by leftist tv programming, Hollywood movies, public school, and the other kids were your main source of guidance how can it be expected for u to turn out a moral young person?

Last edited:
Reactions: KN95
K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019
I'll bet it's not that bad, unless u harmed other people directly. We have not lived in a moral society in a long time especially in the US. The 1950's was the last of the more moral times and then it was propagandize the young to be brainwashed to serve the interests of the ruling class. Now we are brainwashed away from being raised to be good so it's not really that surprising that so many people especially young people do stupid immoral stuff that hurts themselves or others down the road. Doing bad stuff when young is also a reflection of the parenting and guidance u recieved. If u grew up raised in a abusive environment, by the mainstream media, Hollywood movies, public school, and the other kids were your main source of guidance how can it be expected for u to turn out a moral young person?
To be honest if you look at human history it really is shocking isn't it. We often forget that the world wars were only a lifetime ago, or that it's only 150 years ago since slavery was abolished before which black people were tortured for centuries and people in society in general thought it was just. Oh, and that women weren't allowed to vote not so long ago. It is so f***** up!

But honestly it really is terrible what I did. It's hard to imagine what could be so bad considering I did not harm anyone, but it really is bad, and that would be an understatement. I was a seriously screwed up person back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I probably sound like a simple fool now, but to me there's only one solution to your problem. You've done evil things in the past and now you have to compensate for that by doing good things. If you help more people than you have hurt you will probably feel better eventually.

Reactions: Final Escape and KN95
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
All I have to say is weed and Lost are a match made in heaven. That show means a lot to me. Wasted all six of those years and regretted it in the final season where they try going back to before the crash like I wanted to but even in Lost it wasn't possible. What was done was done. A show about redemption and I've been looking for it ever since. Sorry for making it about me, it's an easy trap to fall into.

Reactions: LastFlowers, Nem, Final Escape and 2 others
K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019
I probably sound like a simple fool now, but to me there's only one solution to your problem. You've done evil things in the past and now you have to compensate for that by doing good things. If you help more people than you have hurt you will probably feel better eventually.
No, not at all! It's something I have thought about too. I hope to do things which will have a positive effect on other people in some way, even if it's something small.

Still though I doubt it will ever help me accept or forgive myself. I just hope that with time I remember it less and less, or find a way to be less hard on myself
All I have to say is weed and Lost are a match made in heaven. That show means a lot to me. Wasted all six of those years and regretted it in the final season where they try going back to before the crash like I wanted to but even in Lost it wasn't possible. What was done was done. A show about redemption and I've been looking for it ever since. Sorry for making it about me, it's an easy trap to fall into.
Don't worry about it, man. I appreciate your input!

It is one of my favourite shows too. I have rewatched too and when my mental health was better. I love lost

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, Mr2005, Final Escape and 1 other person
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
I got kind of triggered by a lot of things you said in this thread, not going to lie. Either way I don't think either of us would really benefit from having a long discussion so I'll just ignore it for now.

To stay on topic though, you got me extremely curious as to what could be evil without involving other people. I understand you don't want to tell us so I am not asking you to, but I can't really grasp what it could possibly be.

I don't even know what to tell you really. Something in the story isn't quite adding up. It's very vague.

Good luck though I guess.

Reactions: Final Escape and Marctic
K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019
I got kind of triggered by a lot of things you said in this thread, not going to lie. Either way I don't think either of us would really benefit from having a long discussion so I'll just ignore it for now.

To stay on topic though, you got me extremely curious as to what could be evil without involving other people. I understand you don't want to tell us so I am not asking you to, but I can't really grasp what it could possibly be.

I don't even know what to tell you really. Something in the story isn't quite adding up. It's very vague.

Sorry I triggered you. I won't argue with you or anything, just curious if it's much of what I have said or just one thing.

I know it is hard to imagine what it could be that I have done. When speaking to a therapist I used to see, he was equally as perplexed because it doesn't involve harming anyone

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Sorry I triggered you. I won't argue with you or anything, just curious if it's much of what I have said or just one thing.

I know it is hard to imagine what it could be that I have done. When speaking to a therapist I used to see, he was equally as perplexed because it doesn't involve harming anyone

Let's just say you have a few views and opinions that strongly differ from mine. That is ok though since we are all entitled to one.

On topic though, is it possible (or has your therapist perhaps told you) that you are over-exaggerating how evil the thing you did is?

Also are you just saying you didn't harm anyone or were no people (or their items) involved at all?

K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019

If I had posted anonymously I would probably be honest about it. And my email address is linked on here, so I certainly don't want to
Let's just say you have a few views and opinions that strongly differ from mine. That is ok though since we are all entitled to one.

On topic though, is it possible (or has your therapist perhaps told you) that you are over-exaggerating how evil the thing you did is?

Also are you just saying you didn't harm anyone or were no people (or their items) involved at all?

Is it about abortion? I'm not particularly knowledgable about the topic. Would love to hear your opinions about it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone so I'm sorry that I did, if that's what you are referring to

My therapist did say to me that I might be over-exaggerating, but it isn't the case at all.

But yeah, nobody directly or indirectly were affected by it. I didn't steal anything etc

I really would like to tell you but I can't. I haven't ever told anyone this for fear of their judgment, even though I know it is something which should warrant an extremely negative reaction. Any person should be repulsed by it.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
We are so dying to know by this point but obviously don't do it if u are not completely anonymous or it can be traced.

Reactions: LastFlowers
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
If I had posted anonymously I would probably be honest about it. And my email address is linked on here, so I certainly don't want to

Is it about abortion? I'm not particularly knowledgable about the topic. Would love to hear your opinions about it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone so I'm sorry that I did, if that's what you are referring to

My therapist did say to me that I might be over-exaggerating, but it isn't the case at all.

But yeah, nobody directly or indirectly were affected by it. I didn't steal anything etc

I really would like to tell you but I can't. I haven't ever told anyone this for fear of their judgment, even though I know it is something which should warrant an extremely negative reaction. Any person should be repulsed by it.

Yeah don't tell us the sorry if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

I realize that you keep repeating how repulsive, evil and bad your act was which kind of does indicate to me that you might be making things worse in your head. Another indication for this is your 2nd story which isn't that bad or shocking at all either.

I am pretty good at imagining different scenarios and I can't think of a single thing you can do by yourself that is truly evil.

Whatever it is I hope you find out!

Reactions: KN95
K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019

I realize that you keep repeating how repulsive, evil and bad your act was which kind of does indicate to me that you might be making things worse in your head. Another indication for this is your 2nd story which isn't that bad or shocking at all either.

I am pretty good at imagining different scenarios and I can't think of a single thing you can do by yourself that is truly evil.

Thanks for your replies! I appreciate it

I mean, I could pm you. I will just have to hope you can understand that I'm a completely different person now.

Last edited:
HitchHiker

HitchHiker

Student
Jun 23, 2019
If it doesn't involve hurting anyone else or hurting any animals then it really can't be that bad. Try not to beat yourself up, we are all human and make mistakes.

Reactions: KN95 and Final Escape
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Thanks for your replies! I appreciate it

I mean, I could pm you. I will just have to hope you can understand that I'm a completely different person now.

Only if you are comfortable with sharing. Don't want to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do.

OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
I truly understand how you feel with this. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: KN95 and Woodnote
suicidaltoad

suicidaltoad

Mar 9, 2020
sorry to bump an old thread, but dude this is exactly how i'm feeling. i potentially ruined my life over something i don't even believe in anymore... i am a piece of shit that deserves to be shot and thrown into a dumpster, if i'm being completely honest. i feel like i'm a complete fraud, even if i'm not that same person anymore (which sounds insane when i think about it, which is why i'm afraid to talk to a therapist). i decided to tell my dad last night, as i felt that he deserved to know what was truly going on with his failure of a son. i half expected him to disown me but that night ended with me telling him i love him for the first time in probably over 10 years. i still feel like such a complete disappointment and failure to society and i'd be doing the entire world a favor by offing myself

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This thread might be over a year old but I feel almost exactly the same way too except I truly think more people would find me reprehensible if I were actually honest about the terrible things I've done so like the coward I am, I still keep quiet about them and let them consume me. Best I can do about it is try to distract myself and forget any way I can.

Reactions: LastFlowers
LigottiFan19

LigottiFan19

Nov 21, 2020
You saved your children from your genetics, and from the existential struggles every compassionate human being endures.

You gave them the gift of peace.

Had you created five lives and forced them to have a mentally ill mother in an uncertain world, you'd be a monster.

You did the right thing, beyond question. Wish my mother had had the courage to accept responsibility for her actions and not put the enormous burden on us.

Reactions: tryingtoescape and LastFlowers
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
For Christian, believed to God and confessed your sin. You may get eternal life. You can consider be a monk or priest, if you are interested in the meaning of life. I am not qualified be a monk or priest because I am too old; besides, I don't believe God or ghosts are existing. To see is to believe. So far I didn't feel or saw it personally.

Reactions: LigottiFan19