E

Earlgrey177

Jul 1, 2019
I'm 21, and got a job Aug 1st with UPS, I really liked it, loved the job, coworkers, my supervisor and all. But, a big problem I have is imposter syndrome/perfectionism, one tiny mistake, and I spiral, even if I'm doing well its never enough I always compare myself to others and so on, I was able to hold out till today, I messed up yesterday at work and impulsivly quit today. Im not going back, even though I really liked the job, would be too awkward, and I'll probably be black listed from ups from now on. What do I do? This was all I had, I have no job, drivers license, etc I want those things but my imposter syndrome is too big to f how can I do anything if I can't handle loading trucks? How can I hold down a job? get a license? Go to school? There's a part of me that wants to keep going, but its been that way for years and its not getting better, and there's the other part of me that doesn't want to exist, if I can't handle a warehouse job...can I really do anything else? I don't want to live that way.

J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Sounds like obsessive compulsive personality disorder. Have you been diagnosed? It's the most common personality disorder, so you're not alone.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
You might ask them if it is possible to get your job back. You could explain that you had a panic attack. Also the Americans with disabilities act may give you some leverage.