Red.Cadillac

Red.Cadillac

Oct 20, 2023
I've tried to CTB multiple but I just can't bring myself to it, most of my attempts just boil down to speeding on the highway at night and veering towards the wall or light posts but I always chicken out last minute, I'll break or swerve out of the way or I'll go to a parking garage and sit on the ledge building up the courage I'll sit for hours but I just will never do what I came there to do. I think I'm scared of actually dying and seeing nothing (catholic). How do I over come this or know if I'm even ready?

• Hugs
Reactions: MiMif
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I hype myself for it, like telling myself "they don't care" or stuff like that. or I try to make it seem as natural as possible while I do it. It doesn't work for everyone but it does for me.

Upvote 0
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Maybe you have hesitancy over dying cause you just want out of your situation and you want it to be fixed. If so fix your situation before ctbing.

Though I'm guessing that's not the case...I hear alcohol and drugs help with Survival instinct so you could try that....and if you have access to a gun it's easier. Play a song take some alcohol get calm and be at peace with your decision and just shoot yourself in the head. It might not be that easy and SI might still take over but try getting super high.

I've only attempted ctb like 2-3x and all of them weren't very serious so my advice may not be the best. (Went outside in 0 degree weather when it was dark and tried getting run over was outside for like 7 hours....I was in highschool at the time and my parent eventually noticed my absence and found me....other then that I've only really tried slitting my wrist which I'm never able to cut deep enough cause of SI and choking myself with a shoelace....I'm underage so I can't get alcohol...I live in America)

Reactions: MourningDove
Upvote 1
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I think I'm scared of actually dying and seeing nothing (catholic).
I'm not sure if this will help but I've always had a bit of a weird philosophy regarding the nothingness after death. Maybe I'm just a bit crazy.

We've spent billions of years seeing nothing, then we were born. Those billions of years weren't very long were they? If you want to know what an eternity of nothingness will be like, close your eyes, plug your ears, and count to three. That's how long an eternity of nothingness will feel like.

If I had a method this philosophy would've allowed me to ctb by now.

Another thing to consider - what thoughts are going through your head in the moment? Next time it might be a good idea to introspect a bit and try to understand yourself a bit more as to what's holding you back and then address it.

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0
larastoned

larastoned

bpd | adhd
Oct 5, 2023
I've been suicidal my entire life, and attempted multiple times. With that being said, I also tried every "help" that I could get. I feel like before we decide to CTB, it's important first that we try everything. Have you? If you haven't, I suggest you should first.

If you have, to answer your question, the times I attempted to CTB when I was in a calm state resulted to almost successful attempts (i.e. if I haven't been caught, I've already died) more than when I acted out of impulse. I also try to override SI, by closing my eyes and just feel "nothingness" overwhelm me. I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Only the individual knows if they are ready. But in my case I'd never fear death itself, the thought of permanently ceasing to exist comforts me as I believe death to just be the absence of everything, I only wish for nothingness. What would instead scare me is a suicide attempt going wrong, just leading to more suffering.

Upvote 0
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I've tried to CTB multiple but I just can't bring myself to it, most of my attempts just boil down to speeding on the highway at night and veering towards the wall or light posts but I always chicken out last minute, I'll break or swerve out of the way or I'll go to a parking garage and sit on the ledge building up the courage I'll sit for hours but I just will never do what I came there to do. I think I'm scared of actually dying and seeing nothing (catholic). How do I over come this or know if I'm even ready?
To be honest I don't know if you ever know you are ready. You just go with a gut feeling mixed in with all the other feelings and all the really complex feelings we have about it.

Upvote 0