• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
How do I keep going on when I feel like I'll just end of CTB eventually? How do I keep going on when I have no energy or motivation to do so? How do I keep going on when everything feels like an uphill battle? I'm genuinely asking cause I have no idea. Nothing seems to do the trick anymore. I just want to give up but I know that I can't. So how do I keep going on?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: etherealspring, AmberianDawn, sserafim and 2 others
G

Grumble

Lingering
Aug 25, 2018
I try to focus on what I'm doing in any given moment and try to stay distracted as much as possible.

If you truly believe you are destined to end your own life (I am in this situation as well), then I don't know of any other answer.

When you're on a path that you know is going to end badly, then obviously the best thing you can do for yourself is to escape that path. But if that doesn't feel possible, then the next best thing is to avoid looking too far ahead and focus only what's right in front of you.

• Informative
Reactions: etherealspring, gantaigarashi, terra.nuvo and 2 others
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
In my experience, it all comes down to personal meaning. I know that just doing things I enjoy that don't necessarily hold meaning like entertainment or sports isn't enough to make those feelings manageable, let alone feeling content with life. I need to do engage with things beyond the normal day-to-day of life or simple pleasures to be motivated towards.

• Informative
Reactions: etherealspring, terra.nuvo and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Keep living to spite your enemies

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: nyahaha01, terra.nuvo, Dr Iron Arc and 3 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
How do I keep going on when I feel like I'll just end of CTB eventually? How do I keep going on when I have no energy or motivation to do so? How do I keep going on when everything feels like an uphill battle? I'm genuinely asking cause I have no idea. Nothing seems to do the trick anymore. I just want to give up but I know that I can't. So how do I keep going on?
First, one of my go-tos: if you aren't going to ctb today, you might as well set things up to minimize your suffering here. So, don't set your goal on being so good and stable that ctb is off the table, just try to lessen the badness for now. It's rational.

Then, it comes down to you and your situation, but one suggestion would be trying to make as much of a positive impact around you each day as you can. Smile at someone, laugh at their joke, hold the door or thank them if they hold it for you, listen to them if they are venting. (You could start on here). Tiny things like that, or bigger things like charity if it's accessible. Move your focus outside yourself, because everything is in turmoil there.

• Love
Reactions: nyahaha01, terra.nuvo and Kavka
AmberianDawn

AmberianDawn

Jun 9, 2024
I have days that I wish the earth would swallow me and there are days that I want to live. I think that having reasons to live is necessary, in addition to being able to forget things from the past and being able to learn from mistakes.
Today I am quite disappointed and alone, but I still have a little hope that some things can improve, I don't necessarily have to kill myself tomorrow (no matter how much I want to die, I have had suicidal ideation for quite a few years, it's already like my friend)
I try to have more positive thoughts during the day, I already had many periods of negative thoughts and they got to tire me out. The day I get 100% tired of life, I have the SN nearby to take. But I still have things to learn, it's what keeps me alive.

Reactions: terra.nuvo