iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
do you think medication would help me? i feel like I stopped using my brain in 6th grade. Feels like I stopped being a human all the way back then. But I have glimpses of a future where I'm alive and it's okay but I'll never get there if I keep giving up as soon as things get hard. Like exercising or finishing a piece of art or being consistent with learning how to play guitar and animation and anything I'm interested it. I give up the moment I have to exert myself in any capacity. When I was in elementary school I used to be a "gifted kid" and not in the stupid overused sense that everyone keeps throwing around, I was genuinely held to an insane standard. Then I got really depressed around then and stopped caring about anything. Is it actually gonna be as simple as taking a pill to fix this, or what? How do I care about things if I haven't felt anything resembling that emotion since I was 10?

• Hugs
Reactions: aSilentVoice, Veronica Sawyer, TheRedHare and 1 other person
Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
bro thinks he is Patrick Bateman,
i think talking to a therapist about how you are feeling and see what type of drug they would recommend. Ill give you a hint from a Organic chemist, we have no idea how the human brain functions, or what sort of chemicals trigger certain feelings.

Reactions: iamalreadydead
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
There is a chance that some medication could affect your brain in a way that would change your behavior, if you want to try you should talk to a medical professional.

Meds can't undo awareness though, if your lack of motivation is related to that.

Reactions: JGT1, iamalreadydead and leaf23
TheRedHare

TheRedHare

Truth Seeking
Feb 26, 2023
Little by little every day. Challenge yourself, if you can't do the whole art piece then choose a fundamental element that will benefit you and focus on that. I find scope very helpful. If all you are doing is thinking about what things you should be achieving then the process won't feel worthwhile and you'll give up.

You need to do what will benefit you, don't let the blinding light of your imagined future stun you.

When I was in elementary school I used to be a "gifted kid" and not in the stupid overused sense that everyone keeps throwing around, I was genuinely held to an insane standard.
I have heard that many "gifted kids" suffer from motivational problems when they get older. I believe it has something to do with the feedback loop you receive as a child, being hailed as the best in class despite exerting the same or less effort than your peers. It makes your brain lazy; expecting everything to go your way all while putting zero effort in.

But that's not everyone, and it doesn't have to be you. All I can say is; take it slow, one step at a time. And be realistic about your goals.

do you think medication would help me?
This is purely personal opinion but if you decide to rely on meds to help you focus, your brain won't get any less lazy. That's just how I see it.

Stay strong.

Reactions: aSilentVoice, leaf23 and iamalreadydead
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
bro thinks he is Patrick Bateman,
i think talking to a therapist about how you are feeling and see what type of drug they would recommend. Ill give you a hint from a Organic chemist, we have no idea how the human brain functions, or what sort of chemicals trigger certain feelings.
69CFF7AC 0D74 4964 BE1D 09D0A3E6D8DB

• Yay!
Reactions: TheRedHare
J

JGT1

Apr 16, 2021
I do it every morning but get tired by lunchtime