Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I have no experience, no degree, no training, no education. My dad says college isn't meant for me. How the fuck do I survive in this world? I get rejected from blue/black collar jobs because I don't look "man enough". I live in the fucking boondocks and nobody's hiring. I think I'm going to become homeless when my parents die; I won't be able to keep up the utilities and property taxes. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck this is heavy suifuel. I'm not working online doing surveys for chump change btw.

F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
look for local places that are hiring and rent a place with roommates in the worse case scenario you're parents die

Reactions: Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
I would ask to volunteer at a place and see if they will take you on. Even if they don't you mind find something you like and/or make a connection.

In terms of your parents' place you could theroetically let someone rent a room in your house, but since you live in the boondocks no idea how many takers. Maybe have to sell the place.

Reactions: rationaltake and orange
orange

orange

Experienced
Nov 19, 2021
I would ask to volunteer at a place and see if they will take you on. Even if they don't you mind find something you like and/or make a connection.

In terms of your parents' place you could theroetically let someone rent a room in your house, but since you live in the boondocks no idea how many takers. Maybe have to sell the place.
I second the volunteering suggestion, employers look for skilled workers or, alternatively, slave labor. And you can turn the second into the first.

Reactions: Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
I second the volunteering suggestion, employers look for skilled workers or, alternatively, slave labor. And you can turn the second into the first.
Agreed. It is a way to get experience. You might think the employer is ripping you off, but think of it that instead of paying you in ca$h they're paying you in experience. Hopefully that can lead somewhere. Even if it is for a week or so, they might hire you further down the track or reccommend you to someone else. If there is a business that you like look into and the industry it is in - try to find out about it, and have some knowledge; this will hopefully impress them. Look at their social media if you can.

Of course, some employers are a-holes who are nasty, exploitative, etc, etc. F*ck those guys. Don't be discouraged if the first person is like that - I hope not.

Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
My dad says college isn't meant for me.
It he said that, then I guess it means he has another plan for you? did he suggest you anything or did he just say that college isn't for you and left you at that?

if the later, then I'm sorry.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Do gig work. Sign up for Uber, Doordash, etc. I did that for a while until I lost my will to live for the 100th time. You can get started pretty much right away.

Reactions: orange and Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Do gig work. Sign up for Uber, Doordash, etc. I did that for a while until I lost my will to live for the 100th time. You can get started pretty much right away.
Oh dear why didn't I think if that. Excellent idea!

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up