prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
Standard gifted kid burnout story. Flunked out of college because I couldn't handle difficulty, now wageslaving. Does anyone know of some way I can develop some kind of skill/find a passion to make me less of an NPC?

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, SMmetalhead36 and 4 others
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
There is no other way than try. Watch YouTube videos about different subjects and see if you are interested in them. Personally I'm into video games, reading, music and trains. Discovered my interest in trains by watching YouTube, now I play trains games, read about them and watch videos.
though depression will make it hard for you to find a passion, having your depression under control is the first step.

Reactions: moondazed, sserafim and tiger b
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
If you're depressed, it is quite hard... you may need to force yourself, at least to begin with, or otherwise things may not come to fruition.

Is there anything that peaks your interest?

Art can be a good tool to deal with depression, I painted a lot when severely depressed and it was when I made my best works, especially if you come with no expectation and just let things flow.

Reactions: sserafim, SMmetalhead36 and tiger b
prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
Is there anything that peaks your interest?
Not since getting depression a few years ago. I have the standard nerd shit like ttrpg and video games as hobbies. The idea of creative writing is appealing to me but I can never put anything together in my head.

C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
I would like to know the opposite how to stop caring about too many things and just enjoy rotting or enjoying little pleasure...but that just the nature of my illness

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, SMmetalhead36 and Spiritual survivor
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I've always felt like passions and special interests are automatic for me. Do u mean like getting into an occupation? I think if u research things that might be interesting to u. It seems like people often tell me I shoulda been a therapist or life coach. I hear this often. Have u ever felt like people notice a talent of yours and give compliments? That's one way to figure out your passion or purpose. If u gravitate to some subject quite strongly that's a sign.

Reactions: sserafim and prone2fury
prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
Do u mean like getting into an occupation?
Not really, just some kind of skill or passion that would make me more unique since I'm pretty common and unspecial at the moment

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b and Spiritual survivor
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Not really, just some kind of skill or passion that would make me more unique since I'm pretty common and unspecial at the moment
Ever thought about trying a long board? Skate boarding? Not sure how old u are. Omg I tried a long board once it was so fun. It's much easier than a regular skateboard. Also, every one of us is special no matter what. It's a miracle we are here. This world will make u feel like you're nothing, ordinary, and disposable but that's not true.

Reactions: sserafim
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Guitars will never say no to you.

staplestable

staplestable

Oct 25, 2023
Standard gifted kid burnout story. Flunked out of college because I couldn't handle difficulty, now wageslaving. Does anyone know of some way I can develop some kind of skill/find a passion to make me less of an NPC?
passion first starts with a wish or dream, do you have any?
if so then you can expand from there yourself

Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
I hate this Fuckin life..at 20..had enough. .Fuck yoy allll

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A lot has been said already. It must be sth what you really like to do. You will find the energy and time to do it and it will be easy.

Ik it's easier said than done especially when being depressed / MH issues are there already.

Hellish Ore

Hellish Ore

Mould on bread
Nov 5, 2023
Do you have any idols? Let's say you have some actors that you admire or such. Perhaps, if you admire an actor you could feel passionate about acting! :)

BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
First of all, I love your Nier A2 pfp. Both games are my absolute fav in terms of story games. Especially Replicant <3

I also find it hard to be interested in anything, but I think you should try to keep the things alive that are you at least a bit interested in like ttrpg and video games.
I like that you are thinking of doing something in the creative direction. I never did creative writing but maybe just write things down when you feel like it or the moment they pop up. Just write it down and maybe the next day you can extend the sentence.
And did you try art? I started drawing while is was in a clinic and noticed that I am pretty decent at it and that I can express myself in an enjoyable way. I can draw for 5h straight and it feels like 20 minutes.
I'm really struggling with perfectionism and would give you the advice: please don't push yourself that you have to make a masterpiece every time. Especially with being creative, just do it even if it looks/reads like shit. It's not about how something looks, it's about that you did something personal that represents you in a creative way. (I forget this a lot)

And if you give art a try then don't compare with others! They started exactly where you are (assuming that you never tried drawing) <3

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and prone2fury
jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
There are a rare few things that I enjoy even when I am depressed. Nature is one of those things, specifically insects and spiders. I can spend hours staring at bugs or spiders or whatever and just forget the rest of my life for a little while. It's a nice way to pass the time whenever I get too stressed or desperate for a way out.

I don't know how this all started, so I can't really say do what I did, but I think that if you just try enough small, little things (like bug-watching for example) you should eventually find something that you truly enjoy at least a little bit.

If you're the type to get hyper-fixations, then lean into them as hard as possible. Good luck finding something that you enjoy and that you will always look forward to doing <3.