ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I know it's silly and unrealistic, but is it possible to find friends with whom I could travel or do something like that? Just up and leave and experience the world and make memories
Basically free spirit type friends
Friends who want to do other things in life except just settle down and have children

Or is it too late already? I'm 25 for reference
Or is it just unrealistic and I'm idealising this idea?

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, Anxieyote, emptyjokes and 3 others
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I don´t think it´s silly and unrealistic. But I think it´s not easy to find friends in this forum or in general via internet. Most users in this forum want to remain anonymous. Good luck !

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, nightnightnitrite, 9BBN and 2 others
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Do you have any hostels nearby? That's where they gather. If you're in western Europe you might unintentionally run into me!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ncmxm and houseofleaves
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
Do you have any hostels nearby? That's where they gather. If you're in western Europe you might unintentionally run into me!

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm in Eastern Europe though, so I guess I won't
Maybe someday haha

L

lastdyingbreathe

Jun 17, 2022
I do not think it is unrealistic, what matters is what makes you feel alive, putting age barriers just prohibits one from living/experiencing new things. I see backpackers from 18 - 40+. In my experience, finding people to start with is a lot harder than finding people to continue with along the way. Hostels and adventure meetup groups (hiking, camping etc) are a good place to start.

• Informative
Reactions: ncmxm
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

• Informative
S

Salty

Jun 18, 2022
Honestly just go, check into a hostel and you will meet people. I was so scared and couldn't imagine this would be possible when by friend told me but so many other people are there alone. Especially if you book a big dorm room you'll eventually get talking. Even people not travelling alone get sick of companions and are keen to hang out with new people. I backpacked alone in my 20 and 30s.

You used to be able to meet local people via couch surfing website and forums, and could just meet for coffee, you didn't have to stay ( bit less scary it ur introverted or awkward like I can be). Not sure that is active anymore. Meetup.com is another good way as they have social events in all cities. Just get in the road and see what happens.
Honestly just go, check into a hostel and you will meet people. I was so scared and couldn't imagine this would be possible when by friend told me but so many other people are there alone. Especially if you book a big dorm room you'll eventually get talking. Even people not travelling alone get sick of companions and are keen to hang out with new people. I backpacked alone in my 20 and 30s.

You used to be able to meet local people via couch surfing website and forums, and could just meet for coffee, you didn't have to stay ( bit less scary it ur introverted or awkward like I can be). Not sure that is active anymore. Meetup.com is another good way as they have social events in all cities. Just get in the road and see what happens.
Or get a job in a hostel .. you can often do it for just a few weeks and then meet people who are also traveling. Eg on the bar

• Informative
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Meetup, as someone has posted, is designed for things like this- for connecting with groups of friends over common interests. It could be helpful to know what country you are in to see if meetup is active in your area, though they try to be everywhere, so there is a god chance they are. I decided to do a search in Poland and in Warsaw there are many meetup groups, but I didn't see one like this- this type of group is common in the u.s. You could always start a meetup group in your area if meetup is there, it is easy.

ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
Meetup, as someone has posted, is designed for things like this- for connecting with groups of friends over common interests. It could be helpful to know what country you are in to see if meetup is active in your area, though they try to be everywhere, so there is a god chance they are. I decided to do a search in Poland and in Warsaw there are many meetup groups, but I didn't see one like this- this type of group is common in the u.s. You could always start a meetup group in your area if meetup is there, it is easy.

It's not active where I am, I'm not in the EU
But if I'm ever where it's active I'll know about it and I could try using it then

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's not active where I am, I'm not in the EU
But if I'm ever where it's active I'll know about it and I could try using it then
Maybe facebook has some groups like that- I know they do have a lot of running groups.