• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pseudo_pseu

pseudo_pseu

Feb 22, 2023
Silly little post
Don't really know much about theology but here's my interpretation:

Heaven/Hell (Islam, Christianity, Zoroastrianism. Baha'i (?), Agnosticism): Antinatalist. Other religions' children will go to hell and yours may turn away from your religion unless you totally indoctrinate them, undermining autonomy. Like gambling idea in general antinatalist philosophy but for eternity instead.
Reincarnation (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism): Pro-choice. I guess death is not final, and there is no "permanent solution" to a temporary problem. Have fun being an earthworm though. That said, the soul gets a chance to experience 'lower' consciousness without all of the problems that come with greater intelligence which I know is desirable for many.

I think Gehenna is supposed to only be temporary in Judaism so I guess it's no biggie if you kys [citation needed]?

This one's a bit out there but if you are e.g. a Christian and you have friends who are Christians, there is a risk that they will convert away at a later date so you should totally murder them all then beg for forgiveness after (unless of the chance that they get more other people to be Christians).

There's a puzzle called the Josephus Problem that this reminds me of.

Reactions: sserafim
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
From my understanding, the concept of hell in early Christianity was not an eternal punishment. The Catholic Church, which was as much about amassing power as much as any sort of spiritual substance, popularised the idea of eternal hell. It also has an incalculable net worth to this day.

Take away eternal hell and the religions are all saying something similar. It seems a double-edged sword: death is not that big a deal, but is not the final end of all troubles either.