allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I love him so much, but sometimes this love feels more like an obsession of someone I idolized who would "save me" than actual heart.

He always tells me how unhappy he is with his life and even though he says I'm not the reason why he's unhappy, I can't help but feel guilty somehow. He seemed so much happier without me, it's hard to ignore this when he tells me that. My depression and suicidal tendencies take a huge toll on the relationship. We fight almost weekly, big fights, and every time I see him, I feel like he resents me a little more.

On paper the relationship is a mess. I'm not the victim here, I've definitely done my fair share in messing it up but it still hurts knowing that he can't deal with my depression.

Yet I still love him so much, so much to the point I'm terrified of what I'll do if I break it off.

I think I know the answer but making this decision is hard nonetheless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, _Broken_alice and edu0z
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Honestly, it you are fighting instead of having civil discussions to come to a resolution for problems, it is not good for either of you to stay in that already failed relationship. Couples are not supposed to fight, even when things get bad or there is a disagreement about something. They are supposed to talk it out, even if an agreement can't be reached.
You can try getting it to the point of discussions, but if that can't happen, it is for the best to end it before both of you get hurt even more.
Sorry, this is not an easy situation to manage. We can only give our input from our time in this world.

• Love
Reactions: allym101
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
When I stopped lying to myself that the relationship was not toxic, but in my case I'm not talking about a loved one.

• Love
Reactions: allym101
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I wonder if your fights could be avoided with this advice. Maybe they're too deep, and some may not like this advice, but hey worth a shot