• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

How did you find out about SS?

• Reddit - different subreddit

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • The SS subreddit

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Someone told me

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Internet search

Votes: 63 52.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Different website

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
Interested
I was on the SS subreddit

Reactions: Strumgewehr, Skathon, Circles and 1 other person
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
I use to browse r/suicidewatch, and someone had mentioned this forum. I lurked for awhile, as I have never really participated in forum discussion before. I'm shy, and am always afraid of saying stupid stuff. You know, that awesome low self esteem. But everyone here is so genuine, caring, and welcoming. It has actually helped me mentally to be able to express my feelings and thoughts to people. It's nice to be able to say "I wish I were dead", and not get preached to about how great life is, if I only tried.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Pupuce, Lennox and 12 others
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
8chan/suicide image board.

Reactions: Circles
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Different website

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
From a different website based off of suicide

LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
A simple search engine search, and I ended up finding it, and I'm glad I did!

Reactions: depressedsally, Lennox, Invisible 73 and 5 others
crimea_river

crimea_river

Experienced
May 27, 2019
Somebody on r3ddit sw mentioned it, they were subsequently banned, or whatever r3ddit does to naughty people that don't fit the agenda of the particular sub.

Reactions: Lennox, Circles and Brainpain
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
my determination to ctb. It's a miracle.

Reactions: Lennox, Meretlein and Circles
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
Lurking on this Subreddit I can't remember the name of, it was mentioned, and here I am now.

B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
I heard there was something by reading a R3ddit post, can't remember where. I googled and found this . I was a poster on the old SS R3ddit.

Reactions: Lennox, CuriousAboutThis and Circles
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I think it was from a book about the "dark web" which mentioned suicide forums. It either talked about SS directly, or led me to search for pro-choice forums that in turn brought me here. These kinds of forums have been around since the early 90s.

Reactions: Lennox, Invisible 73, CuriousAboutThis and 1 other person
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Was on the subreddit then after it got shut I googled SS and presto.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I remember searching for methods when I found this forum. All of the sudden I felt so much less alone, which was great. I just hope nobody finds me obnoxious sometimes.

Reactions: Invisible 73, marcusuk63 and CuriousAboutThis
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Googled "sanctioned suicide". It's what the sub was called, as well as an old Discord chat.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Reddit. But not in the way you might think
Someone linked it on there because someone was asking for a suicide forum

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Reddit. poor bugger that posted the link got banned too :-(

Reactions: Meretlein
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Someone I know mentioned it a long time ago. (Hey if you're here :wink:) I joined only because I really wanted to comment on something but I don't think I did.

daikon

daikon

trash golem
Dec 26, 2018
I think I was loooing up methods which brought ne to r/suicidewatch, and after wasting my time with the idiots there I think I searched "pro-suicide forum" (which brought me back to a r/suicidewatch post with a link to Sanctioned Suicide.)

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
lol Buzzfeed and Google News pointed me here with "prevention" articles and the Streisand effect.

Thanks, Google and Buzzfeed.
So grateful to finally know I'm not alone in thinking the world is stupid and wishing to leave it.

Reactions: Invisible 73, Meretlein, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I was desperately searching anything i can about nitrogen exit bags and other similar methods. Hanging is not for me, and i had huge breakdown at the time so i dive in deep. After looong Google search, somewhere on page 17 i found ONE link do this forum, exit bag mega-thread to be specific. Then I've read some user stories, then another one and another, and i just fell in love, realized this forums is EXACTLY what i was looking for. My new safe heaven, filled with good read and people who can understand.

Reactions: Invisible 73 and Meretlein
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I was just looking for long drop hanging tips on serach engines.

Reactions: Painted Bird
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I went to see the Vicar and told him I was suicidal and he offered to pray for me. So I went to see the local psychologist and told him I was suicidal and he gave me some tablets to take and said I would feel better. Neither appeared to work out very well for me so I went to see Mr Google and told him I was suicidal and he recommended this place. Nice fella that Mr Google.

Reactions: GreyMagic and Invisible 73
Invisible 73

Invisible 73

Jun 22, 2019
I use to browse r/suicidewatch, and someone had mentioned this forum. I lurked for awhile, as I have never really participated in forum discussion before. I'm shy, and am always afraid of saying stupid stuff. You know, that awesome low self esteem. But everyone here is so genuine, caring, and welcoming. It has actually helped me mentally to be able to express my feelings and thoughts to people. It's nice to be able to say "I wish I were dead", and not get preached to about how great life is, if I only tried.
Exactly! I have my 3mo psych med check up on Tues. 1st since this bout of depression/suicidal thoughts, feelings hit. And I'm so anxious about it.

Lennox

Lennox

No alarms, and no surprises...
Jul 21, 2019
I was researching SN poisoning which led me to articles about Shawn Shatto, which led me here.

Reactions: Meretlein and Kikoo Loool
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I saw a subreddit where someone complained about the closing of the SS subreddit.