antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
Great question! I guess it wasn't her time to go...

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
Does anyone any info on how she's keep living

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Maybe she was taking something else that interfered with the metabolism of the pentobarbital?

Reactions: antigone_iris
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
When it comes to explaining something like this in mechanistic biological terms, the answer is likely to be very difficult to determine, even experts would probably only have their suspicions at best. What stopped her from hitting that mysterious, poorly defined threshold for death? What even is, or are, the cellular prerequisites to achieve death? I think that all we can really say without expert inquiry, is that some biological criteria or criterion was not met. Without getting into the weeds of the biologic mechanisms of death, we may speculate about simple factors that might have been responsible, such as, perhaps he didn't take enough N. Although, this paper stated that "Pentobarbital (PB) is a euthanasia drug in doses of 2 to 10 grams": https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6314932/ and he apparently took 9g, so you'd think that would be enough...it's a mystery.

Last edited:
Reactions: GravityUtilizer
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
She might have immediately called for help after taking it.

W

Womps

Nov 1, 2020
do you think theres an afterlife?
Im a big advocate of making people try DMT when they ask this question lol I believe in some form of transcendence to a higher consciousness

Last edited:
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
She must be found very quickly after ingestion because of the sucessful reanimation So maybe she called for help or arranged a quick finding or maybe take it impulsively near to other people. GCS 3 is nearly death. I think, she survived only because of quick and very intensiv health care. When you are pregnant you have much more blood in your body, so maybe this was one point. There is nothing written about her mental health after the coma and the resuscitation. Sometimes it causes some brain demage. When my loved dog was euthanised they first gave him pento and then something to make stop his heart, so not only pento.

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
Is it possible for vet assistants to get N?

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
It is hard to say given the lack of some information in the article; however, I think Regan has some very good points:
  • She must have been found before she died
  • She survived only because of quick and very intensive health care.
  • When you are pregnant you have much more blood in your body, so maybe this was one point.
It is likely that mechanical intervention (ie, intubation), as well as other intensive medical treatment, kept her alive in stasis until her body eliminated the pento; however, this is a guess on my part.