Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Currently, I manage to cut till the dermis (you know... that white layer of skin that takes a while to fill up with blood) on the upper part of my thighs, but I really wanna go deeper now. So I was wondering how deep I could go without needing bandages or any sort of medical intervention. At present, I cut before showers, so it makes the cleaning a bit easier, but here's the thing: I (unfortunately?) still live with my parents, so I really don't wanna catch their attention by buying bandages or anything like that (this is precisely what has kept me from going deeper all this time). So I wanted to ask how deep I can go in my case (safely) if that's even possible; alternatively, are there any other methods of self-harm that are just as effective as cutting but aren't such a hassle to, you know... "clean up"?

PS: This is my first post here. Sorry if it breaks any rules.

Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I'm going to show you a picture of one of mine. No stitches or bandages. Just keep it clean. Probably better put one of those trigger warning things as it could be considered rather gruesome.⚠️⚠️

Attachments

• received_613301090783116.jpeg
    received_613301090783116.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Sylveon
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
I'm going to show you a picture of one of mine. No stitches or bandages. Just keep it clean. Probably better put one of those trigger warning things as it could be considered rather gruesome.⚠️⚠️
I see, thank you.
And that must have hurt a lot. Hope you're doing well.

FailureToAll

FailureToAll

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Anything in the fat layer is supposed to get stitched and should really be at least steri stripped and covered. Although you could probably get away with not covering it I think it would be a lot of hassle as it would bleed more and heal slower and constantly stick to clothes and bleed through them and have a higher risk of infection. Bruising is probably a better option clean up wise but I'm not sure if you would think it's effective and I don't do that so I can't say much about it

Pachy

Pachy

The Unfortunate Son
Oct 19, 2023
Currently, I manage to cut till the dermis (you know... that white layer of skin that takes a while to fill up with blood) on the upper part of my thighs, but I really wanna go deeper now. So I was wondering how deep I could go without needing bandages or any sort of medical intervention. At present, I cut before showers, so it makes the cleaning a bit easier, but here's the thing: I (unfortunately?) still live with my parents, so I really don't wanna catch their attention by buying bandages or anything like that (this is precisely what has kept me from going deeper all this time). So I wanted to ask how deep I can go in my case (safely) if that's even possible; alternatively, are there any other methods of self-harm that are just as effective as cutting but aren't such a hassle to, you know... "clean up"?

PS: This is my first post here. Sorry if it breaks any rules.
A better alternative is just to burn yourself. I used to self harm a lot and the cutting got so bad that it was impossible to hide. I was a heavy smoker and still kind of am but one thing I did was since I always had a lighter around I would pick a spot on my arms or legs and hold it there for as long as possible. It can be a really reliving alternative. The sensation is not like any other and lighters are cheap and you wont have to keep buying bandages.

• Informative
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
No. It's all scar tissue and the nerve endings are all on the surface. I think it depends heavily on your weapon of choice. I prefer a strong razor or a Stanley blade. I know it's virtually impossible to suture a wound caused by a serrated blade. It's all in the past now. Been years.
First aid dictates that you apply one layer of bandages. If the bleeding persists and penetrates that, apply another on top of it. If it continues and penetrates that second layer, seek medical attention.
Above all, hygiene.

Reactions: Captainvoid and Sylveon
81-Z@P@D

81-Z@P@D

We're forced into life to settle a perpetual debt
Apr 3, 2023
Before you cut yourself you should probably try dipping your body or hands in ice first, i've heard theres similar effects

• Informative
cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
i think you'll always need to cover up a wound. even a small superficial cut can get infected and give you trouble. if you reach fat, especially, use at least seri strips to close it up. and most importantly stay safe.

Reactions: Sylveon and Captainvoid