D

Deicius

Dec 1, 2023
A while ago, I repeatedly dreamed during my sleep that I was killing myself, and somehow during the dream I was able to see myself from a third-person perspective, and when I committed suicide, I noticed that I was happy to do it every time (even though I had suicidal thoughts frequently).

• Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Forever Sleep
XdragonsoulX

XdragonsoulX

Vengeance Incarnate
Apr 13, 2022
I think it may be common at least with me. Any dream I have with me in it I can fly, and one dream in particular I fell from the sky to my death. During the daytime all I see is me hanging when I space out and am lost in thought.

Reactions: Deicius
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I tend to go through a series of dying dreams every now and again. Not always suicide- sometimes I've been murdered but I also feel very content with the result but then realise that 1.) I can't be dead if I'm still feeling stuff and 2.) It must be a dream- damn.

I think I have seen myself in the third person too- although- it didn't look like me- as far as I remember. Even though it was me- if that makes sense?

Reactions: Deicius
D

Deicius

Dec 1, 2023
I tend to go through a series of dying dreams every now and again. Not always suicide- sometimes I've been murdered but I also feel very content with the result but then realise that 1.) I can't be dead if I'm still feeling stuff and 2.) It must be a dream- damn.

I think I have seen myself in the third person too- although- it didn't look like me- as far as I remember. Even though it was me- if that makes sense?
Perhaps this is the subconscious mind's way of relieving its owner of psychological pain
I think it may be common at least with me. Any dream I have with me in it I can fly, and one dream in particular I fell from the sky to my death. During the daytime all I see is me hanging when I space out and am lost in thought.
Yes, this seems pretty similar

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I don't have it too often but sometimes I'm flying or careening in a car to a certain death and then I brace for impact but I don't die. Usually right after that I wake up. It's probably not an uncommon dream for most people. Your subconscious dealing with your mortality?

Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I've had dreams where I'd die/get killed plenty of times but when it comes to suicide specifically, recently I had a dream where I killed myself intentionally by somehow stopping my heart. I was talking to someone in my dream and I directly told them that I'm going to lie in my bed and stop my heart. And then I woke up after I did it.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I've had dreams where I have committed suicide. All were in the first person perspective, I don't recall any particular feelings though I do recall not hesitating whatsoever.

KSZ

KSZ

Dec 3, 2023
I don't believe that it's that common, however personally I had a few dreams where I have commited suicide and then I had just woken up instantly after that.