tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Legal or illegal?

I know that a lot of people who use drugs tend to self-medicate (not that there's anything wrong with that) the shittiness of existence on top of a mental issue but I wonder what drugs they use.

I live in both UK and Ireland. The most common drugs are weed followed by MDMA then coke. Benzos are somewhere in between. It seems the "demon" drug is any type of opiate (specifically heroin) in many peoples minds. They won't touch it.

People seem to think it's good that we don't overprescribe like physicians in the U.S. but that's bullshit because when people can't get a drug legally and safely that's produced with controls what are they going to do...turn to illegal means. I don't think it's a surprise that heroin use in Ireland and the UK is one of the highest in Europe. Same with illicit benzos.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and IwasElla
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
Italy here.

We definetly don't have an epidemic of pharmaceutical opioids like in the US, even if prescriptions seem to be on the rise, I don't exactly remember the statistics on Heroin use but the one you usually find on the street is garbage (heard from other users, I mainly bought drugs on the deep web).

But yeah, it IS demonized. If you tell a friend you tried coke/pills their reaction is extremely different to the one they'd have if you told them you've done Heroin.

The thing about self medication is 100% true BTW.
I've started considering doing drugs because of my problems, before that I didn't even drink alcohol/coffe or smoke.
-------------
Fuck, now that I think about it it's been more than a month since the last time I've done any opioids...

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
E

Essie

Student
Oct 20, 2018
I'm in the US, and I think they way overdramatized the "epidemic" and included street drugs into the Rx category just to put tighter restrictions on them. I think the stats were that 20K people died a year from opiates, including illicit, but 200K people die a year from pharmaceutical mistakes, and they do nothing about that. For some reason, they attacked them, though, and now people like me in chronic pain can't get anything. It is criminal.

I do have a cousin who's been a heroin addict for the last 15 years, but I don't think that is too common.

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
In NY where I live it's pretty common.

Junkies sitting in the parks- they're friendly for the most part and just sit around talking or playing music- most of them are just people dealing with mental illness with drugs.

Pills are easy to get - on Craigslist you can make a meet up for oxycodone or whatever. I've bought Vicodin.

It's acceptable because they have a Lower East Side needle exchange & education site which teaches safe use. And will help with recovery. It's a liberal city in that way where they want to help people rather than encarcerate them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivedTooLong and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm from Brazil and, as far as I know, there isn't much heroin around here unfortunately. And prescription opiates are not that common either. No codeine OTC. I would like to grow opium poppy but i can't seem to find seeds.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
None existent I have seen documentaries about heroin in Denmark but it´s in the capital or bigger cities quite frankly I have never seen anyone deal or offer heroin in Denmark it´s mostly Hash, cocaine, amphetamine and MDMA. I have however tried heroin 2 times but ordered it from the deep web out of curiosity.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Anyone seen statistics on what percentage of opioid deaths are suicides related to inadequate pain management?

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
My state has the highest opiate use in the country.

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I live in the Divided States of America. It's legal here, but there is an opiate epidemic. Not sure how people find drug dealers and whatnot. But I think it's one of the leading causes of death in people under 50.