• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I keep seeing posts where people say that you're going to pass out very quickly if you do full suspension 'right' or if you don't 'botch' it. So how do you ensure that you do it right and don't suffocate and choke for minutes?

I know there's a lot of videos but I can't bring myself to watch them...weird I know! But watching someone else suffer...I just can't. So can someone explain to me the precautions to take to increase the likelihood of unconsciousness coming quickly?

Thank you!

Edit: not jumping from a high place. Just simple full suspension like stepping off a chair.

Last edited:
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
I keep seeing posts where people say that you're going to pass out very quickly if you do full suspension 'right' or if you don't 'botch' it. So how do you ensure that you do it right and don't suffocate and choke for minutes?

I know there's a lot of videos but I can't bring myself to watch them...weird I know! But watching someone else suffer...I just can't. So can someone explain to me the precautions to take to increase the likelihood of unconsciousness coming quickly?

Thank you!

I guess drop hanging, jumping off a high place, with a strong rope and a good knot would be pretty near 100%.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I guess drop hanging, jumping off a high place, with a strong rope and a good knot would be pretty near 100%.
Thanks but that's not possible for me and not something I'd attempt anyway. I just mean simple full suspension, like kicking away a chair.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

Thank you!

Edit: not jumping from a high place. Just simple full suspension like stepping off a chair.
From what I have seen people say tying the knots in a certain way, but considering that you will move around I think you'd have to be really good at tying knots to get this to work. I think if a person does decide to use full suspension they would need to accept the risk that they may be "hanging around" for a while. It's really tough to get an easy way to the other side. Despite this, it is a top two method for me at this time due to reliability, though SN seems better at this time since a person has a chance at a peaceful crossing. I waver between the two. I'd rather be hit by lightning, but that's not easy to get, and it might not finish the job either. Maybe if we get a thunderstorm I'll walk around with a giant pole duct taped to my back, but that might look suspicious.

ThisIsNotMeR

ThisIsNotMeR

Sep 25, 2021

Thank you!

I have watched those videos, and the vast majority seem to fall unconscious within 15s.

The way to botch it I suppose would be to fail to block the carotids, this might happen if you used a ligature that doesn't tighten properly so some parts of the neck don't have pressure on them, and were unlucky enough for said part without pressure to be where the carotids are. An example of such a knot would be the full hangman's noose- this knot is designed to break the neck, not to apply gentle pressure, and it does not slide freely due to all the coils.

If you use a rope and knot that slides freely, it'll tighten around the neck and apply pressure in all places making sure the carotid arteries do get blocked, regardless of where you place the knot or whatever.

Reactions: mustard_glass and lifeisbutadream
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have watched those videos, and the vast majority seem to fall unconscious within 15s.

The way to botch it I suppose would be to fail to block the carotids, this might happen if you used a ligature that doesn't tighten properly so some parts of the neck don't have pressure on them, and were unlucky enough for said part without pressure to be where the carotids are. An example of such a knot would be the full hangman's noose- this knot is designed to break the neck, not to apply gentle pressure, and it does not slide freely due to all the coils.

If you use a rope and knot that slides freely, it'll tighten around the neck and apply pressure in all places making sure the carotid arteries do get blocked, regardless of where you place the knot or whatever.
Good point about the full hangman's noose.

Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
If the rope is too long, one might just break their legs after kicking out the ladder.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021

Thanks, that's a helpful answer and what I suspected. Do you know anything about the placement of the noose? I see some people say to place it near the left ear but that doesn't make sense because you have two carotids and putting the knot behind the left ear will lessen pressure on one side of the neck and that seems to defeat the purpose. I assume the knot just at the back is the best?

Is it also possible to have a constricting knot, ie slipknot, and still not block off your carotids? I know it takes approximately 11 pounds of pressure to close them off so body weight against gravity is more than plenty but I've heard some people attempt full suspension and say they just got the exploding head feeling and so they aborted? Though I have no idea what kind of knot they used.
If the rope is too long, one might just break their legs after kicking out the ladder.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Yes...that's why you'd measure beforehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: YourNeighbor
HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
I'd rather be hit by lightning, but that's not easy to get, and it might not finish the job either. Maybe if we get a thunderstorm I'll walk around with a giant pole duct taped to my back, but that might look suspicious.
Me taking a shower every time there's a thunderstorm

Reactions: Someone123
ThisIsNotMeR

ThisIsNotMeR

Sep 25, 2021
Do you know anything about the placement of the noose? I see some people say to place it near the left ear but that doesn't make sense because you have two carotids and putting the knot behind the left ear will lessen pressure on one side of the neck and that seems to defeat the purpose. I assume the knot just at the back is the best?
In the videos there's a mixture of to one side or at the back. I've only seen one "botched" video and that was with the knot at the side, and so the knot moved high up the head resulting in no pressure at one side of the neck.

I'd go with the knot at the back, yeah. Knot behind the ear seems to be the position for long drop hanging, which is a different concept. I also think knot at one side is more likely to result in spinning, which I'm sure isn't too pleasant.

Reactions: Someone123
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
In the videos there's a mixture of to one side or at the back. I've only seen one "botched" video and that was with the knot at the side, and so the knot moved high up the head resulting in no pressure at one side of the neck.

I'd go with the knot at the back, yeah. Knot behind the ear seems to be the position for long drop hanging, which is a different concept. I also think knot at one side is more likely to result in spinning, which I'm sure isn't too pleasant.
Thanks, I thought that would be the case. I never understood the knot on the side thing.

enola

enola

Oct 20, 2021

At which level does the knot close? above, over or under the adam's apple?

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
At which level does the knot close? above, over or under the adam's apple?
If you're going full suspension the rope will end up above the Adam's apple because of your weight anyway. In partial everyone is different.

enola

enola

Oct 20, 2021
If you're going full suspension the rope will end up above the Adam's apple because of your weight anyway. In partial everyone is different.
Thanks, i hope i can finally find peace

Kobusu

Kobusu

Writer
Oct 18, 2021
Ah, I've got some experience botching it haha so I can share. When I blacked out, after it happened my body's SI kicked in and it literally ripped the noose off. Granted, I did it in improper form, I shouldn't have been kneeling, but still. When you're unconscious like that, it's not something you can actively fight because it's not you doing it at all, it's your body.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Ah, I've got some experience botching it haha so I can share. When I blacked out, after it happened my body's SI kicked in and it literally ripped the noose off. Granted, I did it in improper form, I shouldn't have been kneeling, but still. When you're unconscious like that, it's not something you can actively fight because it's not you doing it at all, it's your body.
Yeah we're talking about full suspension not partial :) there won't be any kneeling.

Kobusu

Kobusu

Writer
Oct 18, 2021
Yeah we're talking about full suspension not partial :) there won't be any kneeling.
WHOOPS apologies, I thought title said partial I'm so sorry. Yeah, unless you're found full is a death sentence.

Reactions: Ta555