MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Say theoretically - if i were to 'run away' at the weekend...and if I were using my phone whilst I was on the go- like i was using it for the internet, to book taxis and maybe hotels etc. If someone has my phone number- would they be able to track me? or would that only be if I received and answered a call? thanks

Reactions: Circles
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I'm not sure, I know when I went missing second time, they kept calling me in hope I would answer so they could trace my phone, I am UK too, I kept ignoring it which meant they couldn't trace me
I would say if location services and all that was turned off there is no way to trace you

Reactions: Circles and MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I'm not sure, I know when I went missing second time, they kept calling me in hope I would answer so they could trace my phone, I am UK too, I kept ignoring it which meant they couldn't trace me
I would say if location services and all that was turned off there is no way to trace you
ok cool- so even if i am using safari/ google on my phone etc? what if I make a phone call -like to a taxi place or something? there is no way they can track me unless i pick up calls do you think?

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I believe they can, but it's not easy getting your call records, have you been watching, *The Met* on BBC1,

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I believe they can, but it's not easy getting your call records, have you been watching, *The Met* on BBC1,
no i havent seen it, I just need to get away, im totally trapped!! its actually sadistic!!

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Can you not get a cheap burner phone for things like calling out?

Reactions: GreyMagic
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Can you not get a cheap burner phone for things like calling out?
I totally thought about this- but there is no phone shop near here- yep- it's that isolated plus also I need a smart phone for all the booking/ internet type needs - that's the catch?! Dilemma city!!

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
bollocks, sounds like your in the sticks, I am down the south west I thought I had it bad down here!

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
bollocks, sounds like your in the sticks, I am down the south west I thought I had it bad down here!
Yep! I feel like this is what purgatory would be like! If not hell tbh. Where abouts S.W? Don't need to be specific. I used to live in Cornwall & Devon

Reactions: Soulless_Angel
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Yep! I feel like this is what purgatory would be like! If not hell tbh. Where abouts S.W? Don't need to be specific. I used to live in Cornwall & Devon
Ahhh I've been open on here about where I am, I am down in Cornwall

Reactions: MeltingHeart
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Yes it is possible, but it's not something they will instantly do. Running away especially..in the beginning they won't care as much and they will just bank on you coming back sometimes soon.

But I am not sure what your situation is and who you are running away from.

Reactions: Circles
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Yes it is possible, but it's not something they will instantly do. Running away especially..in the beginning they won't care as much and they will just bank on you coming back sometimes soon.

But I am not sure what your situation is and who you are running away from.
No you don't understand I am being watching ALL the god damn time!!! They are determined to stop me !!! It's actually pure cruelty at this stage !! They are forcing me to say alive for their own benefit !! Not for mine- they are just thinking of themselves only!! It's like a form of torture

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
No you don't understand I am being watching ALL the god damn time!!! They are determined to stop me !!! It's actually pure cruelty at this stage !! They are forcing me to say alive for their own benefit !! Not for mine- they are just thinking of themselves only!! It's like a form of torture

Now I am very curious. Tell me your story.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019

You wana talk?

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Any mobile device, if switched on, can be tracked. The only way to not be tracked is to switch off completely. Even then, your last known location will be logged somewhere.

Reactions: SelfHatingAspie
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Any mobile device, if switched on, can be tracked. The only way to not be tracked is to switch off completely. Even then, your last known location will be logged somewhere.
FFS!! got i feel like a caged animal!! thanks for info

Dazedandconfused32

Dazedandconfused32

She was the worlds biggest mistake
Jun 16, 2019
All it takes is your cellphone bouncing off one of the towers. Whether it's using the internet or a phone call. It's very easy for them to track you down regardless. Our cellphones are always pinging off one tower or another. I've heard even sometimes if your phone is off they can somehow track you with the "find my iPhone type feature". If need be you should leave your cellphone at home. You can always go to a library or something like that and book what you need that way. Especially a hotel. But then again what payment type are you using? If it isn't cash that's extremely easy for them to track you also.

• Aww..
Reactions: MeltingHeart
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Yeah I'm pretty sure once it's on it can be traced to the nearest tower it pinged to

imstillhungry

imstillhungry

Student
Nov 19, 2019
Use your phone sparingly only when you need it, otherwise keep it off. A cheap burner would be better. Don't answer calls, use cash for everything, and don't stay in the same place too long

Reactions: SelfHatingAspie
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
You need to figure out what the applicable laws are here, not whether it's technically possible (as others have stated - very easy technically speaking).

SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
In your case, I'd suggest buying a cheap Android tablet rather than a phone. You can buy them online and it's not like the vendors keep track of serial numbers or whatever. Just use the tablet with public wifi hotspots and turn off location services. You should be almost impossible to track down.

Last edited:
Reactions: realjunes