Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i know that good things exist in the world too. even though i don't enjoy much, i try to appreciate the little things in life. but the small amount of happiness i sometimes feel is outweighed by the evil in this world.

i can't feel at peace when i know there are people out there who are suffering. there are homeless people starving, families being bombed in warzones, children and babies being sex trafficked. why would i want to continue living here when this is what the world is like?

i guess we should be grateful that we are more fortunate then 1 billion people going hungry each day

• Hugs
Reactions: borderlinee, Teleftaía Anapnoí, R_N and 7 others
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Ignorance is bliss. And some people prefer to stay willfully ignorant for their own "state of mind". I feel like that's pathetic and disgusting. It's ultimate privilege in the worst way possible.

Reactions: sserafim, myusername890, AshH and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess we all compartmentalise a lot of the time to be able to cope. Not to drag up bittersweet memories but- when you were concentrating on programming, did you let the woes of the world get to you so much? I think some people simply don't have enough time to think. They are too busy working and looking after their families. When they do have spare time, they likely choose not to dwell on things that upset them.

Maybe that's irresponsible but realistically- what can any one person do to solve all the hardships in this world? Beyond trying to do our own bit to help and reduce suffering- eg. doing stuff for charity, becoming vegan, being kind to others. Is it worth worrying about things we can't change at the end of the day?

Maybe you could say it's heartless and irresponsible to be happy in such a world. Still- who's doing more good at the end of the day? Someone who pro-actively tries to reduce suffering but is fairly happy or- someone who does nothing to reduce their own impact on this world and others but feels unhappy?

Reactions: Dying Knight and Darkover
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
There has always been evil in this world, its just something we can´t control, some people are just evil and have no consideration for those who suffer from their actions. Some people try to dedicate their life to try and improve the world but unfortunately it isn´t enough to really change much. Evil is just something that humans have to coexist with.

Reactions: Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I guess we all compartmentalise a lot of the time to be able to cope. Not to drag up bittersweet memories but- when you were concentrating on programming, did you let the woes of the world get to you so much? I think some people simply don't have enough time to think. They are too busy working and looking after their families. When they do have spare time, they likely choose not to dwell on things that upset them.

Maybe that's irresponsible but realistically- what can any one person do to solve all the hardships in this world? Beyond trying to do our own bit to help and reduce suffering- eg. doing stuff for charity, becoming vegan, being kind to others. Is it worth worrying about things we can't change at the end of the day?

Maybe you could say it's heartless and irresponsible to be happy in such a world. Still- who's doing more good at the end of the day? Someone who pro-actively tries to reduce suffering but is fairly happy or- someone who does nothing to reduce their own impact on this world and others but feels unhappy?
yes the state of the world it's deeply sadding to me i expect much better of the human race but thats just not realistic

there's enough food on the planet to feed everyone yet because of capitalism there's no profit to be made in feeding the hungry, but thats something we could change for the better, but human being are so selfish they only care about their own own personal profit or pleasure.

yes of course trying to help the less fortunate and doing your bits helps out the human race but they are nowhere near enough people who are caring enough to do it i mean you've got billionaires who don't do a thing to help the poor

Reactions: skies
skies

skies

left in the rain
Mar 13, 2020
its so sad because most problems derive from such a small percentage of people, this world would be so lovely without them

Bobert_Beniro

Bobert_Beniro

Life sucks and then you die.
Mar 14, 2023
The world is terrible only for people like you, the rest continue to live and enjoy life. If you mean starving people in Africa, then this is their choice, they could just die or not have children, but for them this is normal. You are talking about a war zone, but why didn't the people who live there commit suicide? All because they have the motivation to endure and beat the enemy so that the suffering ends and normal life returns

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The world is terrible only for people like you, the rest continue to live and enjoy life.
only there's a lot of people lile me

Hunger levels are rising around the world. As many as 828 million people – or 10 percent of the world's population – go to bed hungry each night
that almost 1 out of every 8 people go hunger around the world everyday i don't know about you but i hate being hungery

More than 700 000 people die due to suicide every year, 1 out of 20 suicide attempts succeeds, thats 14,000,000 attempts per year, or 1,120,000,000 attempts per 80 years one lifetime, 56,000,000 people would of died via suicide within the average lifetime but over 1 in every 8 of us would of attempted suicide at least once during our lifetime

How much of the population is disabled?
Key facts. An estimated 1.3 billion people experience significant disability. This represents 16% of the world's population, or 1 in 6 of us.

24% of the world's population, which equates to 1.9 billion people, live in fragile contexts, characterized by impoverished conditions and dire circumstances. By 2030, more than half of the world's poor will live in fragile contexts.

Bobert_Beniro

Bobert_Beniro

Life sucks and then you die.
Mar 14, 2023
only there's a lot of people lile me

Hunger levels are rising around the world. As many as 828 million people – or 10 percent of the world's population – go to bed hungry each night
that almost 1 out of every 8 people go hunger around the world everyday i don't know about you but i hate being hungery

More than 700 000 people die due to suicide every year, 1 out of 20 suicide attempts succeeds, thats 14,000,000 attempts per year, or 1,120,000,000 attempts per 80 years one lifetime, 56,000,000 people would of died via suicide within the average lifetime but over 1 in every 8 of us would of attempted suicide at least once during our lifetime

How much of the population is disabled?
Key facts. An estimated 1.3 billion people experience significant disability. This represents 16% of the world's population, or 1 in 6 of us.

24% of the world's population, which equates to 1.9 billion people, live in fragile contexts, characterized by impoverished conditions and dire circumstances. By 2030, more than half of the world's poor will live in fragile contexts.
And what? People who are starving still continue to give birth to children, and their children also give birth to children and also starve. The more people who have ended their lives ctb, the less suffering there is in this world. You speak for disabled people, but not all of them suffer, many of them continue to live and their lives are more interesting than mine or yours

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
their lives are more interesting than mine or yours
you don't even know me so how can you make a statement like that, i'm programmer and have created many games and programs for the pc had over 100,000 downloads
28071294 179785529464880 8213076781236782448 o 179785529464880

Reactions: Minsu
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Most people just don't care to look past their own problems. If they generally have a good life and good health, there's no reason for them to worry about anything else.

I couldn't care less about big world problems when I was happy, dating my ex, going out. I had a life that I enjoyed. That doesn't mean I didn't know about suffering that exists in this world, I just enjoyed what I had in the moment.

I'm assuming most people would be the same.

Reactions: Bobert_Beniro and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, nobody should ever have to be grateful for being burdened with the ability to exist in this hellish reality just because someone else will always be in an even more torturous situation.
To answer the question, if there are people that are, they must be blinded by delusions as this evil, disgusting world could never be a desirable place to exist in, it disturbs me how existing beings have been tormented so senselessly all throughout history.

To me suicide will always feel like the only rational thing to wish for in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, existence just causes harm, it would be better if there was never such a thing as existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, MyExistenceMyChoice and idk3
I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
No, nobody should ever have to be grateful for being burdened with the ability to exist in this hellish reality just because someone else will always be in an even more torturous situation.
To answer the question, if there are people that are, they must be blinded by delusions as this evil, disgusting world could never be a desirable place to exist in, it disturbs me how existing beings have been tormented so senselessly all throughout history.

To me suicide will always feel like the only rational thing to wish for in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, existence just causes harm, it would be better if there was never such a thing as existence.
I've always wondered, FuneralCry, what is keeping you around? Is it just the si, or something else?

Reactions: Bobert_Beniro
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
And what? People who are starving still continue to give birth to children, and their children also give birth to children and also starve. The more people who have ended their lives ctb, the less suffering there is in this world. You speak for disabled people, but not all of them suffer, many of them continue to live and their lives are more interesting than mine or yours
I just don't understand how you can humanely think that some kind of genocide (even if it is mass suicide) would be a great solution for human suffering when it can be solved if richer countries would get their ass out of poorer countries which they are depleting of resources. Nobody should have to starve and there is enough food in the world to feed everybody properly. But the system is just fucked up and that needs to change.

If those people who suffer because of hunger all ctb, then there will be another group who's next. There will always be suffering in some way. And just killing people or having them kill themselves is just an insane idea in my opinion.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always wondered, FuneralCry, what is keeping you around? Is it just the si, or something else?
Suicide just isn't straightforward for everyone, for me the problem lies in how suicide methods are either inaccessible or risky which is the consequence of existing in this inhumane anti-suicide society.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Blue Elephant and idk3
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
you don't even know me so how can you make a statement like that, i'm programmer and have created many games and programs for the pc had over 100,000 downloads
View attachment 120658
I'm programmer too, hi mate 🤗
And I agree, there is so much suffering and pain in this world.. not to mention global warming of our planet :/

Reactions: zrh389 and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I'm programmer too, hi mate
most least significant bit,
msb,lsb,big,little,endian msb[1,0,0,1]lsb, pop3,imap,rc4,base64,xml,zlib,registry,opengl,rsa,ssl,md5,xor cipher ,ftp,html,ports 80,20,21 , mysql, http, post,get,cgi,sockets, win32api,gui,windows,inf,rgb,palette
binary 8,4,2,1, zero and ones 0011,logic and not or nand xor nor,shift bits left right,power,sin,cos,sqr,sqrt,min,max,degress to radians,abs,floor,wrap,pi 3.14159,vector,normalize, magnitude ,direction,dot and cross product, hash functions sha1, ascii characters set,
strings,int, float, integer,short,word,dword,boolean,byte,bits, binary,octal,decimal,hex,matrix,ocr,neuron,weight,threshold,socks4,tcp ip,fat32, ntfs, exfat,partition, GUID, 8 bit 256, 16 bit 65536, 32,64,128, #FF , frequency, amplitude, gdi, ram,rom,circular buffer ,Inverse-square law, point_direction, distributed hash table, peer routing table, bootstrap node, pwm, random, randomseed,
kb 1024, 1000
mb=1024*1024, 1,000,000
gb=1024*1024*1024 1,000,000,000
tb=1024*1024*1024*1024 1,000,000,000,000

3d, view frustrum ,backface culling, painter's algorithm, ray tracing, binary space partitioning (BSP) , Visible Surface, md2 3d model, polygons quads,fps,camera

circle,point,x,y,radius,diameter,circumference
circle radius,
circumference divided by diameter gives PI,
by multiplying 3.14 pi by the diameter of the circle gives the circumference
point_distance(x1,y1,x2,y2), x = pow(x1-x2,2) y = pow(y1-y2,2) return sqrt(x + y)
if distance between two circles is less than combind radius than colliding with eath other

cellular automata,turing machine, lexer, parser, virtual machine interpreter, bytecode, x86 asm, opcodes, z80,6502,arm,4000 chips,pic12f675, nop 0x90

CPU, alu, control unit, registers, fetch,program counter, data bus, address bus, store, load, interrupt,, system clock, full adder, shift register, jk flip-flop, bcd, decoder, multiplexer,opcode

asymmetry, symmetry,
bresenham's line algorithm, flood fill, eclipse,virtual screen, c malloc,dos mode 0x13, 0xA000, 256-Color.
texture mapping,sprite,texture atlas
steering behaviors flee,arrival,wander,seek,

perlin noise, encryption alice bob, private, public,key,
linear interpolation,lerp,distance -kademlia,field of view, serialization, deserialization, json, inputs, outputs, dma,immediate,absolute,memory mapping, lookup tables,truth tables,stacks, pop, push,top ,queues,first in first out, last in first out, FIFO & LILO , LIFO & FILO, link list, double linked list, node,child,root,head,tail,pointer,
two's complement, addition, subtraction, a star, modulo, windows environment variables, a variable

trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
This is what I've come to. If my happiness has to come at the expense of others, than I don't want it. If I had to watch all the suffering that goes into my life, it would be impossible to feel any other way. So why should I just get to decide I'm not a monster? Why should it literally be as simple as that? Why should I be able to pretend that the one-and-only way to live, is exactly how business daddy says to?

Jfc we get to be convinced we're the good guys when we're colonizing people for h*ckin' funko pops and pokeeman cards. We're h*ckin' gross. We can't even imperialize people for our own benefit. It's all just junkie-stuff for us to willingly choose over our own well-being. I think I've had enough.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Many people do not enjoy living because the world is evil. The rich are probably the least afflicted of all. We are in hell because of wars, civil wars, climate change, pollution and overpopulation. The sea level will rise and coastal cities will be submerged. People will die the heat death. The air will not be breathable. There will be climate refugees. More war refugees will continue emigration. As the population increases, other problems increase. The Earth will become unihabitable.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
By living in a bubble until it is not possible anymore.
Not having any/enough empathy prolly helps a lot as well.

Whole human lives seems like a distraction to me. Gotta get that dopamine, gotta escape discomfort.

redeyepiranha

redeyepiranha

Jun 22, 2022
I used to wonder too, but now I know why — they just don't care. They know that the world is horrible, but as long as it doesn't affect their lives, zero fucks given.