A

Aejv

Sep 11, 2023
This is a super controversial idea i have in mind, but i think its my best option.

I'm not interested in dying, not yet at least. I don't enjoy life and i find it boring and irritation. There isn't much if any good in my life, people avoid me, I'm doing terrible academically now, my life is falling apart, and I'm a person who people commonly think they can push around and use to their advantage.

Since I don't want to die, but i want to show people how fucked my life is, i want to almost "stage" a suicide attempt. I don't care if the reaction is positive or negative, i just want people to see, or at least think, that i am capable and wanting to CTB.

If anyone has a better idea than this I'm up for different perspectives, at this rate however, i think this is one of my best means to have others acknowledge my existence.

Anything helps, thank you very much.

Ava

• Hmph!
Reactions: idonthaveanother
anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
It's not really a good idea if u don't want to die. Anyways, if people think u attempted, they might at first give u attention or perhaps show anger but after a while, life goes back to normal. And people will be desensitized and not care much

Reactions: SpiritualDeath, SSamGarrison, DeadlineDialer and 1 other person
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
What good would it do you for other people to know ur life sucks

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Swallow a bunch of pills then call emergency services.

I understand where the sentiment is coming from especially if you are not being taken seriously by or receiving validation from the people in your life but I can't advise you to through with this. You could end up with physical damage and you don't deserve to inflict damage on yourself just to be taken seriously. Plus you will end up in the psych ward and if you haven't been I can tell you those places will fuck you up.

If people are treating you poorly as is you aren't guaranteed to get any sympathy after an attempt, staged or not.

Is there no one in your life you can confide in as to how critical things are in your life?

Reactions: SpiritualDeath, SSamGarrison and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
A friend in college did this on Valentine's Day to prove his love to a girl. He could not be saved and ended up passing away

Reactions: SSamGarrison
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
A friend in college did this on Valentine's Day to prove his love to a girl. He could not be saved and ended up passing away

What did he take? How was it proved?
Swallow a bunch of pills then call emergency services.

This- most failed CTB esp with otc. Just use Tylenol or anything similar. If you take enough, you'll puke, your heart will race and you'll go in and out of consciousness. Call for medical or do it when you know someone is close by and have them take you. You'll have to drink charcoal and if you don't, they will pump you and it's the most painful thing ever.. like being suffocated. Stupid me as a teen and thought I'd just knock out and die… nothing close. Then you'll be sent to the psych ward for who knows how long, and you'll get to tell everyone about your experience and get the attention you want. This kinda blows me away how anyone would want this but you do you! If you want a scar to show people, fake hanging by using a rope and irritate your skin til it scrapes and gets red… then call for medical.

Last edited:
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
What did he take? How was it proved?

This- most failed CBT esp with otc. Just use Tylenol or anything similar. If you take enough, you'll puke, your heart will race and you'll go in and out of consciousness, call for medical or do it when you know someone is close by and have them take you. You'll have to drink charcoal and if you don't, they will pump you and it's the most painful thing ever.. like being suffocated. Stupid me as a teen and thought I'd just knock out and die… nothing close. Then you'll be sent to the psych ward for who knows how long, then you'll get to tell everyone about your experience and get the attention you want. This kinda blows me away how anyone would want this but you do you! If you want a scar to show people, fake hanging by using a rope and irritate your skin til it scrapes and gets red… then call for medical.
He took a ton of pills. He told a friend who took him to the hospital what had happened. He wanted the doctors to save his life.

JordanF

JordanF

Sep 21, 2023
Cutting and poisoning have the lowest success rates.

Like the other person in the thread said, Tylenol is an often used drug that also often fails. However, these failed attempts often result in a lot of liver damage. I know someone who did OD on it and he came very close to having to require dialysis for the rest of his life.

Cutting can result in nerve damage if you aren't careful. It's especially bad if you cut a major one like the ulnar or radial nerve. You may have to have surgery and still end up losing your ability to properly use your hand again.

Either way, you have to be cautious to avoid becoming disabled from a failed attempt.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy