Text
Jul 28, 2023
Elaborating is encouraged

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and bloodblacknothing
Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
I have a totally distorted worldview because of my pecimism. I am aware that the world is not the big shit I think it is but I simply cannot see it any other way. When I'm not in a crisis, sometimes I can see the world in a more positive light, but this is an exception.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, HerPromise and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I have a totally distorted worldview because of my pecimism. I am aware that the world is not the big shit I think it is but I simply cannot see it any other way. When I'm not in a crisis, sometimes I can see the world in a more positive light, but this is an exception.
That's where I kind of am. Although I often tend to think am I more right than wrong. Idk anymore.

& if it's that biased, what do we do about it?
Cause from what I've seen it's really hard or almost impossible to change…

bloodblacknothing

bloodblacknothing

from stardust, to stardust
Jul 16, 2023
my trauma mostly just affected my relationships with my friends and family, as well as the value of my own existence. i tell myself that i probably would've enjoyed going through life, had i not been born into such an awful one, but any life can be terrible -- even moreso than my current one --, so i suppose it's a gamble that i would prefer to opt out of. i do see the value of a good life, but weighing it against the potential pain and suffering makes me question if it's worth it, or how other people could find worth in it. i dunno, it's complicated.

to answer your question: i think viewing life as so potentially terrible that i'd choose to abstain from it entirely, even after factoring in the possibility of good, is.. probably a bit of a warped worldview, and most definitely spurred on by a bias from my trauma. i wish i could see things differently, but i can't, and that's just how it is.

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
my trauma mostly just affected my relationships with my friends and family, as well as the value of my own existence. i tell myself that i probably would've enjoyed going through life, had i not been born into such an awful one, but any life can be terrible -- even moreso than my current one --, so i suppose it's a gamble that i would prefer to opt out of. i do see the value of a good life, but weighing it against the potential pain and suffering makes me question if it's worth it, or how other people could find worth in it. i dunno, it's complicated.

to answer your question: i think viewing life as so potentially terrible that i'd choose to abstain from it entirely, even after factoring in the possibility of good, is.. probably a bit of a warped worldview, and most definitely spurred on by a bias from my trauma. i wish i could see things differently, but i can't, and that's just how it is.
It definetely is complicated.

Neither can I.

Reactions: bloodblacknothing
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
My childhood and upbringing caused me to only feel worth something if I can be of help or provide something valuable. There is no unconditional love. Everything is dependent on what I can provide. So I try to please everyone by going out of my way to do favors to the point of exhaustion sometmes, which is ironic because I often lose the energy to do anything productive afterwards for myself. My mother had extreme reactions to everything. She always said things like me wanting her death because I didn't wash the dishes or get good grades home. I've grown afraid of anything that evaluated me. Either I hid results or ran away from anything that tested my abilities.

All that changed my worldview in a sense that I rarely want to present myself unless things are absolutely perfect. I can't go out without feeling like people judge me. And I also criticize people harsher for their life choices, or at least I used to. I see the world as a constant test of my worth and my right to be on this earth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think 3 close family members dying before I was 10 made me realise how fragile life is. Rather than make me see it as precious though- I just saw it as cheap. It can literally all be taken away from second to second. They were the most incredible, beautiful people to me and then, they were gone.

Then, experiences with a (suspected) narcissist taught me that you can't really trust people. Even people you thought loved you can so easily just take the path of least resistance for them and go along with all the lies (although they must know better.) It frightened the hell out of me that one person can falsely accuse you of doing things and other people will just take their word for it. Despite them knowing you would never do what it is they're accusing you of. That's left me with a paranoia that it could happen again. Although- next time- I'd likely sue for defamation.

I think all in all though- it made me realise I was on my own ultimately. There's that little doubt that appears at the back of your mind that- when it comes down to it- you can't 100% rely on anyone. I suppose in some ways, that's just repeated itself throughout life too. Even close friends I've lost contact with. More people I loved have died. It gets to a point where you think maybe the pain of losing people is so bad that it's better not to form close bonds in the first place. I think the worst parts of my childhood taught me cynicism, distrust and loneliness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: StolenLife and Lost in a Dream
NancyVicious

NancyVicious

Aug 21, 2023
As I've got older, I've realised that my world view is skewed from the people around me. I'm cynical about everything, I've never been able to believe I'm good enough for anything, not worthy of love. But I see it for others. I believe they are worthy. I will never recover from the constant being told I am not. It's like a scar deep inside that you can't ever heal even when you don't see other people that way.