B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
I feel like I can breathe just a little bit again. I had two friends who said they'd be with me at the end if that was really what I needed to do. One of them just turned round out the blue and said no and I was so scared that the other friend would've changed their mind now as well but I just spoke to them and they said they'd still be there with me, thank god.
This person is basically my best friend in the world and it's going to be hard enough for them being there anyway, the last thing I want to do is make it some kind of nightmare for them. I am worried that SN might be really awful for someone to see happen. Does anyone know anything about this? About what happens to you after you take it, do you just slip away or is it kind of an aggressive way to go?
Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Regardless of the outward physiological manifestations it would likely be very difficult for your friend to avoid interfering. They may say they are okay with standing by your side while you die but it's a very different matter to actually witness you die. Even if they don't actively participate there might be legal problems if it is discovered they were at the scene.

As to the question, I don't think it looks too bad (people's mileage can vary though) but it is death and that will be distressing.

Reactions: IsThisEverything and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I feel like I can breathe just a little bit again. I had two friends who said they'd be with me at the end if that was really what I needed to do. One of them just turned round out the blue and said no and I was so scared that the other friend would've changed their mind now as well but I just spoke to them and they said they'd still be there with me, thank god.
This person is basically my best friend in the world and it's going to be hard enough for them being there anyway, the last thing I want to do is make it some kind of nightmare for them. I am worried that SN might be really awful for someone to see happen. Does anyone know anything about this? About what happens to you after you take it, do you just slip away or is it kind of an aggressive way to go?
Thank you.
As ways to die it's not that bad. Still, watching someone take their life can't be an easy thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's amazing- that they would be willing to support you like that. It's hard to know what it would be like. Some people pass more peacefully than others.

The other thing I think you should both be concerned about are the laws in your country. Is assisted suicide legal where you are? I don't know all the specifics but I think just knowing someone is CTB and not intervening might be problematic. To actually be there with them- I'm not sure. Are you thinking they will inform the authorities after you pass?

B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
That's amazing- that they would be willing to support you like that. It's hard to know what it would be like. Some people pass more peacefully than others.

The other thing I think you should both be concerned about are the laws in your country. Is assisted suicide legal where you are? I don't know all the specifics but I think just knowing someone is CTB and not intervening might be problematic. To actually be there with them- I'm not sure. Are you thinking they will inform the authorities after you pass?
We've thought about the logistics. I will take something as I go to bed, then my friend will "go to bed" as well, but then in an hour or two, when they're not able to rouse me from my sleep for some reason, can then call for help and it won't look like they even knew that I'd done anything. I definitely need to keep that friend safe, I owe them that and so much more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Forever Sleep
D

Deleted member 65988

We've thought about the logistics. I will take something as I go to bed, then my friend will "go to bed" as well, but then in an hour or two, when they're not able to rouse me from my sleep for some reason, can then call for help and it won't look like they even knew that I'd done anything. I definitely need to keep that friend safe, I owe them that and so much more.
This sounds so risky even if it does seem like you've had time to think about it.

They could actually have their instinct to help you kick in because to be in that position of seeing your friend go could overcome their ability to respect your choice. Good luck to the both of you and much peace to you as well.