Oct 1, 2020
It's crazy.

• Hugs
Reactions: HappyMstake, Deleted member 20852, Homecoming and 4 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yep, that's a really good question, i guess they just accept it and live with it or they just think that everything is alright.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and (deleted member)
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I think they're just pretending cos everyone they know seem like they're happy but they themselves are also pretending.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: voidman, Xocoyotziin, JackieInTheBox and 2 others
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
I think they're just pretending cos everyone they know seem like they're happy but they themselves are also pretending.
I met a girl recently and I liked how happy she was. I told her so and she said, "I try." It was an act. I couldn't tell.

Reactions: Marchioness, Xocoyotziin, JackieInTheBox and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
If I would want people to like me and mate with me, I'd try not to be a downer, and present myself mostly in a positive light.

Reactions: Marchioness, JackieInTheBox and Deleted member 4993
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
If I would want people to like me and mate with me, I'd try not to be a downer, and present myself mostly in a positive light.
I'm too honest and have never hidden my negativity. No wonder I'm never successful with women despite being decent looking.

• Love
Reactions: Lupgevif, voidman, Xocoyotziin and 2 others
Hofmann43

Hofmann43

Oct 3, 2020
I'm too honest and have never hidden my negativity. No wonder I'm never successful with women despite being decent looking.
But if a gril is attracted to you, you don't have to hide your sadness and negativity from her

Reactions: Xocoyotziin and Deleted member 4993
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
But if a gril is attracted to you, you don't have to hide your sadness and negativity from her
Women don't like weakness so no I couldn't show it. If she were just a friend, then it'd be more tolerable.

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
We can enjoy life in some ways, but realise / know in our hearts it's time to go. After all if you know you're close to the end why not be a hedonist?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and GravityUtilizer

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I think about honesty here as the catalyst, the multiplier, maybe the fog remover. It allows others to access the honest person for potential benefits and losses more accurately. I'm not implying that your honesty is why you're not successful with women, I don't know your situation, I might not even adequately understand my situation because I severely lack personal experience so I can only theorize and reflect on what others have to say.

D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
We can enjoy life in some ways, but realise / know in our hearts it's time to go. After all if you know you're close to the end why not be a hedonist?
I'm too mentally ill to be a hedonist. It's a shame because usually women are attracted to me. Life is cruel in surprising ways.
I think about honesty here as the catalyst, the multiplier, maybe the fog remover. It allows others to access the honest person for potential benefits and losses more accurately. I'm not implying that your honesty is why you're not successful with women, I don't know your situation, I might not even adequately understand my situation because I severely lack personal experience so I can only theorize and reflect on what others have to say.
I'm honest with women about my being on disability. I tell them it won't be forever but they up and run anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Xocoyotziin and 262653
VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
Don't be fooled by the photos with happy people on social media. most people are very ill psychologically. Postmodernity is a potential for mental illness. We all know.

Reactions: dilapidatedMind and Xocoyotziin
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
They are pretending to be happy because they are pressured to by others; they are afraid of being labelled as toxic or negative. Underneath they are likely just as unhappy and suicidal as anyone else.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and BrokenHopes
BrokenHopes

BrokenHopes

What doesn't kill you, f*cks you up.
Nov 27, 2019
they are afraid of being labelled as toxic or negative.

I really do not like this toxic labelling culture. People get labelled off as being toxic way too fast. So people do not dare to be themselves. Like if you are negative you are toxic and can then infect other people with it. It is not healthy. I wish we could all just be ourselves.

Reactions: Marchioness, Frew and Sprite_Geist
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
They are pretending to be happy because they are pressured to by others; they are afraid of being labelled as toxic or negative. Underneath they are likely just as unhappy and suicidal as anyone else.
I'm not afraid of being labeled. People can fuck right off.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I've been told that "everyone's depressed" multiple times. I guess most people have just gotten accustomed to being used to it, that they don't like people voicing the truth. For example, close people to me don't like hearing when I voice my negative opinions about society, and they tell me if I stopped being so negative I'd be happier. There's a stigma around it I suppose.

Reactions: dilapidatedMind
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
I've been told that "everyone's depressed" multiple times. I guess most people have just gotten accustomed to being used to it, that they don't like people voicing the truth. For example, close people to me don't like hearing when I voice my negative opinions about society, and they tell me if I stopped being so negative I'd be happier. There's a stigma around it I suppose.
Yes let's all be delusional sheep. People are so pathetic.

Reactions: voidman
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
I think not everyone is depressed, but most are not truly happy.

D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Because most people are narcissistic and we just happen to be more emphatic. I always think that emphatic people are just highly intelligent but on a differend level as let say Einstein whos good in physics and math. We are a rare breed. But highly emphatic people are also more prone to suicide and depresion because they are thinkers and aren't easily manipulated by our surroundings.

Reactions: voidman
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
They're all deluded by this life. It's sick.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Public show I assume. I tend to act happier in public since it's kinda socially awkward to walk around really sad.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Public show I assume. I tend to act happier in public since it's kinda socially awkward to walk around really sad.

I get that too much. I've started keeping my thoughts to myself because of how much shame and negative feedback I've gotten. It's suffocating having to pretend, least to say.

Reactions: NeverGrowUp, Ghost2211 and taylor321
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I'm not afraid of being labeled. People can fuck right off.

That is good that you are not afraid of it, but unfortunately there are many out there that are; the pressure to conform becomes too much.

When I mentioned people being labelled as toxic and negative I did not mean that I support that by the way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
Not having any form of mental illness drastically raises someone's quality of life. I've pretended to be happy my entire life, it's the only way you can keep friends around. Now that I've finally crashed at home realizing I need extreme care, it's harder to pretend so people come around less often. If you saw me in person or on social media you'd assume I was normal and happy, I look physically attractive too but my life is sheer hell.

I often think about how much lower my quality of life will always be than most people's.... it makes me sick. I've also seen people on here bemoaning that they aren't attractive and if they were that would help so much. Trust me, you can be pretty attractive but if you have horrible self esteem, fear of rejection, and interpersonal difficulties you'll still be stuck. I probably have the self confidence of a bridge troll and despite a lot of people wanting to date/meet me I waste my youth away because I'm too terrified to do anything for fear of losing control.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I have pretty much no confidence when it comes to my appearance. I don't put much time and effort into how I look cause I simply don't have the means too nor the energy. I've realized no relationship makes me happy, and no one can make me feel whole. At the end of the day, relying on someone else for happiness is not healthy for yourself or for that person. From my own personal experience, it makes them feel a lot of weight and pressure to help you out. The days fly past and I do absolutely nothing with my life.

Reactions: NeverGrowUp
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
While I'm not straight I'd kinda disagree with this for any relationship. In the only (and extremely brief) relationship I had we were both looking for the other person to "complete us." We both were very vulnerable with each other and it just was unattractive for both of us after a short while, because one side typically has to be the one who isn't as "needy."

Then again, what would I know, I almost always avoid intimate contact no matter how much it's offered to me. :nomouth: