O

Oxeley

Jul 17, 2023
Let me start by saying that I'm glad I found this community, seeing that there are people in the same position as me gives me courage to go through with it soon knowing it'll be a positive solution, but first I want to rant, if that's okay.

The world is so fucking horrible right now, wars, politics, genocide, racism, sexism... just awful people, people who abuse their kids, people who treat their peers like shit, people who demean others, look down on others, call you names, ignore you, spit in your face and so much more. Life is hell probably because it's so complicated. If I was a mouse in the wild my life would, of course, not be easy or stress free but life would be simple. Eat to survive, reproduce if I can and then die. But with us, the eating part isn't really an issue for most people fortunately and we don't really need to have kids now that there are so many of us. So all that's left is dying. I want to die because I don't feel joy in anything anymore. I am blessed with caring parents and I would hate to see how it'll affect them when I'm gone but I know I'll be blissfully ignorant, so as painful as it is to think about, I know I wouldn't have the burden upon me.

But besides that, I'm a 24 year old NEET who has no prospects, no motivation, no friends, biology against myself and no life ahead of me worth living. I have no skills, and even if I did what would be the point. Work at some shitty job for the next 60 years just so I can earn the right to die? Or just do it now so no-one is forced to worry about me

I'm depressed, fat, lonely and just really want to experience the end. I know my life is meaningless when LITERALLY the only thing I look forward to is future video game releases. It's not worth sticking it out for another year for the hope that I might get to play Silksong, you know? My parents night be sad if I'm gone, and my brother also but they'll get over it. I have no-one else who would care so, why wait. I'm drawn towards drinking PN? I think that's what it was called, I need to do more research and I'd appreciate any assistance you guys can provide.

Long rant aside, if even one person read this it'll make my night. So thank you everyone and I hope we can all go on this journey together.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: venin, Nlis2244, pole and 6 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
it's impossible

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
How are people actually happy?

I calculated the average human with a job has only about 4 hours per day to themselves to "enjoy" crap like sports or youtube, TV and other useless garbage. That's because in addition to working a job, you have chores , shopping for groceries, stress, diseases, fixing problems , to do lists , relationship problems, having to feed 3 times a day, injustice, oppression, cleaning everything, taking out trash, washing clothes, dealing with lies and evil, seeing the evil of the world , showering , commuting, problems etc.

Then you risk extreme pain that is so bad that it makes everything else meaningless. All for what for no purpose for a youtube video

Always hungry, risking diseases pain suffering old age , unfulfilled needs

Depression, rising prices for everything , bad memories , traumas, heartbreak, dementia, cancer, stroke ,grief, sadness, regret, slights, sickness, becoming old anyway which is hell by itself etc.

We are all prisoners on many levels not just one. Prisoners and slaves of the anti-suicide culture and society, then prisoner slave of this decaying always hungry animal body, a decaying machine. then prisoner slave of this consciousness mind than can suffer so much mentally and feel extreme pain be bored suffer

All the above nightmares are just for the average "wonderful" life then you add a disability or chronic pain or old age and it becomes a billion times worse.

The world is getting worse prices are skyrocketing and going to get much worse : imo anybody would have to be out of their mind to even want to be in this world now much less how it will get much worse , much less be happy

We are all brought here to be slaves and prisoners. they are happy because imo they have no clue about what reality is , imo are brainwashed.

Last edited:
Reactions: redeyepiranha, Hollowman, Starry✧・゚Daze and 3 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Plenty of happy people out there. They have the good things that life can provide like love, partner, children, financial stability, friends, purpose in life, no baggage (trauma) to carry throughout their lives, luck, good health, a stable upbringing. They know how to compartmentalize all of the BS that goes on in the world.

Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, carac, jar-baby and 2 others
nomennescio

nomennescio

Student
Jun 25, 2023
I feel you and can relate.
I do believe there are people who are genuinely happy, on the other hand the majority of people fool themselves (and others) i think. Which is great and no problem i guess, its a way of handling this life. Also most people are quite dumb and ignorant, society becomes more and more individual. Which works great for a some people, as people equal shit most of the time, for sensitive people, who are likely to have more empathy this works the other way around. I do think when life was more simple and the theory that back when we just had to spend our days with hard labour and surviving basically we wouldnt even have time to think about the bad stuff. Which does not necessarily equal a "good" life of course. Idk ignorance is bliss mainly.

Further, loneliness is a big killer. Im sorry for your experience with that. I do think it can be big game changer. People simply cannot survive in loneliness.
I know this sounds too easy and you wont feel like it, but in that sense things really can change and make things easier i think. At your age there is much possible still..

Reactions: Zegers
BoredomSeeker

BoredomSeeker

"A black light bulb. The repression of an idea."
May 25, 2023
Plenty of people are happy. I know a few, I used to be one. But it's hard to believe that some are happy when you've been mentally crushed, or been blessed with a nice amalgamation of shit genetics

• Hugs
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze and nomennescio
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Dark times that has only just begun.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and KowakuNaiNeko
KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
I think generally happy people are people who have found a purpose that they care about. Sometimes that is work or kids or the community. Entertainment provides dopamine and fulfilment provides serotonin.
Obviously I haven't found one that I am passionate about so I'm here 🐱 I think a lack of purpose is one of the big challenges that the west (broadly) is going to face this century.
Global politics is just a scapegoat. The world has always been and will always be a rough place. Even if specific places in the past were better in some metrics than places today.

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Let me start by saying that I'm glad I found this community, seeing that there are people in the same position as me gives me courage to go through with it soon knowing it'll be a positive solution, but first I want to rant, if that's okay.

The world is so fucking horrible right now, wars, politics, genocide, racism, sexism... just awful people, people who abuse their kids, people who treat their peers like shit, people who demean others, look down on others, call you names, ignore you, spit in your face and so much more. Life is hell probably because it's so complicated. If I was a mouse in the wild my life would, of course, not be easy or stress free but life would be simple. Eat to survive, reproduce if I can and then die. But with us, the eating part isn't really an issue for most people fortunately and we don't really need to have kids now that there are so many of us. So all that's left is dying. I want to die because I don't feel joy in anything anymore. I am blessed with caring parents and I would hate to see how it'll affect them when I'm gone but I know I'll be blissfully ignorant, so as painful as it is to think about, I know I wouldn't have the burden upon me.

But besides that, I'm a 24 year old NEET who has no prospects, no motivation, no friends, biology against myself and no life ahead of me worth living. I have no skills, and even if I did what would be the point. Work at some shitty job for the next 60 years just so I can earn the right to die? Or just do it now so no-one is forced to worry about me

I'm depressed, fat, lonely and just really want to experience the end. I know my life is meaningless when LITERALLY the only thing I look forward to is future video game releases. It's not worth sticking it out for another year for the hope that I might get to play Silksong, you know? My parents night be sad if I'm gone, and my brother also but they'll get over it. I have no-one else who would care so, why wait. I'm drawn towards drinking PN? I think that's what it was called, I need to do more research and I'd appreciate any assistance you guys can provide.

Long rant aside, if even one person read this it'll make my night. So thank you everyone and I hope we can all go on this journey together.
This hit home real hard. Especially the Silksong part, it's exactly the same empty reason that kept me looking forward to something in the future, smh

Honestly, I have tears in my eyes rn, because I can relate so damn much to everything you wrote.

Sometimes I ask the dragonflies or the rivers in our local forest, if there is any hope for me. Hope for ever figuring out the secret how to find some sort of fulfillment in life. Of course, they never answer.
I am so sorry that so many people feel this emptiness in life, too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oxeley and nomennescio
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me happiness doesn't even exist in this dreadful reality, this world truly is such a hellish place and it does disgust me how all this endless suffering and senseless cruelty continues to repeat as new life is forced here, humans really are the worst species to me. In general I just see existing as being completely futile and unappealing, existing is just the way to suffer so unnecessarily all for the sake of it.
But anyway I wish you the best with your plans, your feelings of wishing to be free from everything really are understandable to me.