• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
judging how good these lives are by how happy people are is a poor metric
just because people are happy doesn't mean there living a good life
just like how flies are happy eating shit doesn't mean there living a good life
the fact is the universe can produce machines that enjoy doing anything
how anyone can be happy knowing there facing their certain demise just goes to show how short sighted people are
enjoying life one day dying the next, we are just in pursuit of a temporary dopamine hit until the day we die,
that's all we are living for is happiness, if you could just push a button and get a dopamine hit that's all people would do is hit the button
that's why judging how good people lives are based on their happiness is a terrible idea
because the universe can produce machines that enjoy doing anything even living a shitty life in this shitty universe

• Informative
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, Hollowman, divinemistress36 and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
True- our perspectives are unique but, you can't exactly say someone's response to a stimulus is 'wrong'. I suppose you can question just how long they will maintain being happy. Whether something unpleasant will come along to take it all away. But- even if misfortunes do befall them- they may still baffle us by insisting that life is still worth it for them.

It's a bit like saying everyone should either love or hate strawberry icecream. You can't- it's down to personal taste. Can something that relies so heavily on subjectivity- our experience of life even be objectively good or bad? The whole notions of finding something good or bad are subjective. How do you know that flies don't love wallowing about in shit?

I guess I take issue with insisting in how people 'should' respond to things. That works in both directions for me though. I don't think people have the right to tell us to 'cheer up', look on the positive side of life. All that. There again, I think it's just as imposing to ignore their feelings and say they're not valid. If they happen to love life- no matter what shit it throws at them- good for them. I don't think either of us should impose our views on the other.

Of course, the problem lies with pro lifers holding the power. They don't only have more backing in imposing their views- they can call us mentally ill. They can also lock us up for it!

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Darkover