Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer

Feb 22, 2023
I had to quit my old job at the beginning of this year because of a very severe depression episode that lasted several months. I spent a lot of time trying different treatments and therapists while I wasn't working (ketamine, a couple new medications, a new therapist for a few months) but nothing really did much.

Over the summer I was running out of money, nowhere paid nearly enough for part time to be a viable option, so I started a new job about a month ago, I have to be there 5 days a week and 9 hours a day (because they don't pay me for lunch and require me to take a 1 hour break)

And I just don't understand how I'm supposed to recover in these conditions. I'm trying to balance work and my hobbies, but depression just keeps sapping all my energy and making me exhausted. I'm trying to find new therapists to try and actually improve my state of mind, but all of their openings are when I'm at work. I could do remote therapy in my car on my lunch break, but I tried that for like 5 months last year and hated it.

It just feels like everything is stacked against me. I feel completely hopeless.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ChronicallyCynical and vitbar
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
That is all too relatable. It's verging on too much to just tread water, let alone do more.

Reactions: Veronica Sawyer