WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I think any advice I could give has been said, but for what it's worth I don't think you wasted your time with CS. Even if it's not for you, the fact that you know that is information you didn't previously have and that's valuable. You've even identified why it doesn't fit you which means you can apply that going forward. I know there's a lot of pressure to have everything "figured out" but very few people really do. You're doing okay and you're not failing by looking and exploring. Also the government of Canada has a job site thing with a few quizzes that focus on different aspects of choosing a job (I know there's at least interests and abilities- can't remember the last one) that I'll link at the end. I hope you're able to find something that's sustainable and that improves your quality of life.

Thank you so much, your words are kind and they are helpful. Unfortunately I'm not Canadian, though I'm guessing you are? It's no problem, I might take this quiz anyway but if you know of a US equivalent that would be helpful.

Anyways, I guess I just made the switch to Information Systems which is a business degree. Not really sure if I made the right choice or not but I feel like if I kept floundering in CS like I would have, then I would have ended up way more miserable. This might be better for me, but college in general makes me miserable so... I don't know.

Reactions: chloramine
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Thank you so much, your words are kind and they are helpful. Unfortunately I'm not Canadian, though I'm guessing you are? It's no problem, I might take this quiz anyway but if you know of a US equivalent that would be helpful.

Anyways, I guess I just made the switch to Information Systems which is a business degree. Not really sure if I made the right choice or not but I feel like if I kept floundering in CS like I would have, then I would have ended up way more miserable. This might be better for me, but college in general makes me miserable so... I don't know.
I don't know of a US equivalent but I imagine interest and aptitude for jobs would apply regardless. There might be different requirements for them yeah.

Congrats on going forward with switching though. Trying something new is definitely better than continuing in the thing that clearly isn't working. You'll find out if it's for you as you go and you can always move into other options if it isn't. I know being pressured or judged about that sucks (especially from family who are often hard to avoid), so I hope it just works out and stops being something you need to deal with and think about to this degree.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
I

iji

Dec 4, 2023
Choose something that has good career prospective and demand. If you have experience with an area that fits those requirements, go with that.

Don't major in low-demand jobs like humanities...