T

takezo

Mar 22, 2020
I've searched and i can see there are some people in this forum with tinnitus, i'd been dealing with it since 6 months. I do not know why it appeared and i don't stop looking for what was the cause. I think it should be helpfull if we talk about it not only to find answers but to learn to live with it. I have anxiety, depression and other mental issues too so sometimes is not easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith and voyager
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
9 years here with tinnitus. Sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
It depends on how bad it is. For me, I can cover it up with music. Invest in some headphones. Use them when you're gonna be alone in silence or turn the TV up to cover it up. It's a problem but it's manageable. But some cases are so bad that it's impossible to not hear it. Idk what can be done to help that. I feel bad for anyone with this.

• Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover and voyager
T

takezo

Mar 22, 2020
It depends on how bad it is. For me, I can cover it up with music. Invest in some headphones. Use them when you're gonna be alone in silence or turn the TV up to cover it up. It's a problem but it's manageable. But some cases are so bad that it's impossible to not hear it. Idk what can be done to help that. I feel bad for anyone with this.
i hear it a little even when i'm listening to other things, but i don't mind at all while im pay attention to other stuff. The problem comes when i go to sleep, the multiple sounds in my head then get much more present and annoying. I think i can cover it like u say, i wanna try some kind of headphones but i don't know what is the better option, i move my head a lot in the bed
9 years here with tinnitus. Sucks.
do you even know how or why it started? the sound still annoying you after all that time?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
i hear it a little even when i'm listening to other things, but i don't mind at all while im pay attention to other stuff. The problem comes when i go to sleep, the multiple sounds in my head then get much more present and annoying. I think i can cover it like u say, i wanna try some kind of headphones but i don't know what is the better option, i move my head a lot in the bed
I don't wear mine trying to sleep. But you could try to find something to wrap around your head to hold them in place or get some over the ear types. Find what works for you. I wish I had better advice for you. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

• Hugs
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have 2 types of tinnitus. The constant ear ringing type and an off and on rare type that is a physical sensation and feels like a heart beat in my ear. The type that I physically feel the only thing that seems to somewhat help is benzos. To block out the ear ringing I use a white noise machine daily and when I sleep. I cannot stand total silence but as long as I run the white noise machine or a fan it's hard to hear the ringing.

• Love
Reactions: Pisceslilith and voyager
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've had it my whole life. I just assumed it was normal. I've never experienced silence so to me I'm used to it though I think it's not that bad for me. There have been members on here distaught with how bad it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover, voyager and Skathon
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Love to you all, I have it too. Seems more common with people on this board than the general populace. You might definitely wanna try cancelling out the sound by countering it with white noise. So, it's worth a shot visiting an ENT doctor, maybe they can help.

Have had it since 1997 (age 20). First got it on one ear when our dog bit through one cord of the headphones, then later got it on the other ear, which was actually fine, because it's more comfortable in stereo. One gets used to it more or less. But since 2018 it has gotten considerably worse. It's on speaking level now, hear it all the time. Not entirely sure what made it worse, might've been stress, working outdoors with machines, or a new set of headphones which I'd wear while cylicng. They had extremely high pitch, which is great normally, but a problem to me. It sucks.

• Aww..
Reactions: nitrogen
T

takezo

Mar 22, 2020
Love to you all, I have it too. Seems more common with people on this board than the general populace. You might definitely wanna try cancelling out the sound by countering it with white noise. So, it's worth a shot visiting an ENT doctor, maybe they can help.

Have had it since 1997 (age 20). First got it on one ear when our dog bit through one cord of the headphones, then later got it on the other ear, which was actually fine, because it's more comfortable in stereo. One gets used to it more or less. But since 2018 it has gotten considerably worse. It's on speaking level now, hear it all the time. Not entirely sure what made it worse, might've been stress, working outdoors with machines, or a new set of headphones which I'd wear while cylicng. They had extremely high pitch, which is great normally, but a problem to me. It sucks.
i feel sorry for you, mine is high but definitely not as speaking volume. Can i ask your which are your new headphones? sometimes i think this started because a 20$ sony headphones i bought a few time before, but i also have a lot of others possible reasons so i'm not sure of anything at all. Sometimes i feel it is getting worse so i want to find the reason and try to fix it

PD: also i wanna ask you: do you have not problems to sleep?
I have 2 types of tinnitus. The constant ear ringing type and an off and on rare type that is a physical sensation and feels like a heart beat in my ear. The type that I physically feel the only thing that seems to somewhat help is benzos. To block out the ear ringing I use a white noise machine daily and when I sleep. I cannot stand total silence but as long as I run the white noise machine or a fan it's hard to hear the ringing.
benzos help me too but i don't feel is secure to use them always i want to
I've had it my whole life. I just assumed it was normal. I've never experienced silence so to me I'm used to it though I think it's not that bad for me. There have been members on here distaught with how bad it is.
good then. Maybe don't have felt silence ever is something like a vacuna against tinnitus

Last edited:
hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
I got tinnitus via a severe infection; unfortunately, it's louder in my left ear than in my right. I don't want to dismiss anyone who is going through this; it's awful. However, I have gotten used to it over the years, and it doesn't cause me nearly as much grief as it did when I started the process. I'll just go to bed and hope thi is better tomorrow.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Lots of high pitch squealing in my right ear. It does calm down and I often do not really hear it. Right now it is like a dentists drill. I have had it for 15 or 20 years. You can get used to it. No other choice really.

Last edited:
Grendel

Grendel

Jan 13, 2019
I have it in my left ear. It sounds like a mixture of radio static and distortion.

F

Fizzel87

Mar 1, 2020
My dad has it, it nearly sent him over the edge before we got hearing aids for him with some kind of equalising/white noise setting.

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I've had tinnitus for over 5 years and it makes it difficult to fall asleep. I basically can't fall asleep unless I have some music or audiobook playing in the background to mask it. There is a high-pitched and a lower "tv static" sound at the same time. It seems to get louder sometimes, not sure why.

As far as causes, mine was caused by injuries and anti-depressants. Did you know some anti-depressants can cause tinnitus and hearing loss? With me it was Bupropion (aka Wellbutrin). My tinnitus became so much worse after only 2 months on those pills. I googled "Wellbutrin hearing loss" and found other people with this problem. Stopped taking it and the tinnitus never improved, but at least it stopped getting worse.

T

takezo

Mar 22, 2020
I've had tinnitus for over 5 years and it makes it difficult to fall asleep. I basically can't fall asleep unless I have some music or audiobook playing in the background to mask it. There is a high-pitched and a lower "tv static" sound at the same time. It seems to get louder sometimes, not sure why.

As far as causes, mine was caused by injuries and anti-depressants. Did you know some anti-depressants can cause tinnitus and hearing loss? With me it was Bupropion (aka Wellbutrin). My tinnitus became so much worse after only 2 months on those pills. I googled "Wellbutrin hearing loss" and found other people with this problem. Stopped taking it and the tinnitus never improved, but at least it stopped getting worse.
in my case it could has happened because lorazepam but there are also many other possible causes like cervical problems, anxiety-deppresion problems, jaw occlusion, etc. and who knows, i'm just learning to live with it and it's not so hard as long as i can fall asleep
I have it in my left ear. It sounds like a mixture of radio static and distortion.
mine is similar
Lots of high pitch squealing in my right ear. It does calm down and I often do not really hear it. Right now it is like a dentists drill. I have had it for 15 or 20 years. You can get used to it. No other choice really.
yeah, i see a future like that for me, whatever, it could be worse

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thx1138
Remember to forget

Remember to forget

Mar 6, 2020
I have tinnitus, like some other members I can also drown some of it out. As long as there is the sound of the TV, fan or music on in the background. You do get used to it. I just hope it doesn't get worse, I feel so sorry for those people who have loud high pitched sounds, mine is usually fuzzy but does change tone to high pitched for a short time now and then.

Reactions: Skathon
BeanyBoo

BeanyBoo

Jan 23, 2020
I've searched and i can see there are some people in this forum with tinnitus, i'd been dealing with it since 6 months. I do not know why it appeared and i don't stop looking for what was the cause. I think it should be helpfull if we talk about it not only to find answers but to learn to live with it. I have anxiety, depression and other mental issues too so sometimes is not easy.
Mine started with a bad auto accident 30 years ago. I also lost hearing in one ear. Doctors can't find a reason for either problem.
I just have to live with it.