Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
To anyone who's tried to ctb in a hotel, does room service come by during the day time ? Or if I get a 2 day stay will I have 48 hours alone ?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and color_me_gone
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
To anyone who's tried to ctb in a hotel, does room service come by during the day time ? Or if I get a 2 day stay will I have 48 hours alone ?

I think it depends on the hotel. You could send them an email and ask about it. I'll ask when I check into the hotel. It doesn't matter that much to me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and color_me_gone
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
You can ask for a do not disturb sign to place on the doorknob, but I doubt they'll give you an uninterrupted 48 hour break.
What is your method if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go, therhydler and 2 others
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
From my experience, clumsy hotel employees can come even if you put the sign not to be disturbed. You can put the sign, call them to tell them DND because you are tired, close the door from the inside and maybe put a chair against the door just in case.

Reactions: goxua, siray, Redt2go and 1 other person
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
You can leave a specific request at the front desk to not be disturbed your first day.
You will not need housekeeping to make your bed, or give you clean towels.
You should put the "Do not disturb sign" on the handle.
Many rooms in USA have latches which prevent anyone from outside to open, even with a key, so use that also.
I have done this, not to ctb, but I did go undisturbed the first day.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua, NoOneKnows and 4 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
During the day. Your room has already been cleaned during the average checkin time. So they usually come in the next day trying to clean.
So you need to put the do not disturb sign up. They usually won't force themselves in until it's passed your checkout time.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua, Sickman75 and 2 others
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I used to be a hotel housekeeper. Here's how we did it:
On the first day the guest checks in, there is no need for cleaning service.
On the 2nd day, we knock on the door- usually sometime late morning, refresh towels, clean as needed.

"Stayover service" is usually done sometime late morning from the 2nd day on.

You can put a DND sign up to deny cleaning service. Make sure it's on the door securely so it doesn't get knocked onto the ground.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Whatiwantiswhatiwas, goxua and 3 others
G

Greenboop

Oct 27, 2018
As well as the dnd outside so youre not discovered too soon, it might also be a good idea to do it in the bathroom, with the door closed. And then have a large note stuck on the outside of the bathroom explaining youre dead. Just so the staff member doesnt have to see your body if they dont want to.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua, Redt2go and 1 other person
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
You can ask for a do not disturb sign to place on the doorknob, but I doubt they'll give you an uninterrupted 48 hour break.
What is your method if you don't mind me asking?
Sn method

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and siray
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Do you live with your parents?
No I live at uni but it's lll be moving home for the summer. Planning to ctb during the transition. Hotel before moving home for good so it's not at uni and public. I want my death to be as private as possible. I just feel like it'd be cruel to die at home

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Sickman75