• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
sorry. it's a dumb question. but I couldnt find the answer on the internet and I lack experience with hotels.

would be to suspicious getting in a hotel and asking for a room without having a reservation?

i'll erase this after I get an answer. I know it's stupid. sorry.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
It wont be suss at all but you can ring them up or email them sure.
There are no stupid questions

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
sorry. it's a dumb question. but I couldnt find the answer on the internet and I lack experience with hotels.

would be to suspicious getting in a hotel and asking for a room without having a reservation?

i'll erase this after I get an answer. I know it's stupid. sorry.
Normally it's no problem at all, though best to ring/email first as anything could be going on with Covid-19 restrictions.
But don't go booking hotels now you need to save for your future travels :)

• Aww..
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Just want to say it is so fantastic that you postponed ctb for an adventure.
When I first seen the thread title I thought to myself how when you ctb in a hotel you never check out but to see you are trying to plan an adventure is sooo nisu desu

• Aww..
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
Normally it's no problem at all, though best to ring/email first as anything could be going on with Covid-19 restrictions.
But don't go booking hotels now you need to save for your future travels :)
Just want to say it is so fantastic that you postponed ctb for an adventure.
When I first seen the thread title I thought to myself how when you ctb in a hotel you never check out but to see you are trying to plan an adventure is sooo nisu desu
I am sorry guys. that's not why I am asking. I unfortunately lack the mindset to go on an adventure. I am too lost to do anything.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Oh so you want to ctb in a hotel room.
That is ok no need to be sorry.
I guess you can book the room before going into it maybe book a few days of stay and tell them that you have jetlag and need to sleep so do not disturb you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fehler and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
yes. i cancelled the reservation I had on a hotel. so if I decide to go for it tomorrow I want to be sure I will be able to. thanks so much

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
You overcome the fear of death I take it largely. Good luck OP

• Love
Shotgunjohn

Shotgunjohn

Apr 26, 2020
goodluck. i hope you find peace in your choice.

and yes you should be fine getting a same day reservation. nothing weird about that

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
You are a great global family member and there NEVER is ANY stupid questions EVER here!!! I have traveled before for a position and stayed at alot of hotels around the U.S. and I just called sometimes that morning. I have never just walked in and asked, but hey worth a chance maybe! 99% of the hotels that i have stayed at, all global brands, were VERY accommodating. Like @Gromit-CTB said we would/will miss you. You are a very nice and caring and loving global family member!!!!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: foxdie and ecmnesia
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Take all the time you need. If you do book a room take time for yourself in there. Just spend quality alone time with yourself for a couple of hours. Maybe you will see something you've not seen before

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia and foxdie
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
when I go for it. I will make a goodbye thread. don't want to say that I am leaving before I am sure. I've already raised too much expectations for myself. and I couldn't go without a farewell. I really care about a lot of people in here.
Like I just got done saying, YOU ARE SUCH A LOVING AND CARING PERSON AND GLOBAL FAMILY MEMBER!!! I really care about you alot! We are ALL in this TOGETHER! You are truly a GREAT human being! :heart::heart::hug::hug:

VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
Im so sorry for you.

Its a pity thats when i talked to you, you were already decided about CTB. I think i could help. But thats it... I wont say anything more. Stay in peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia and foxdie
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I retired from Motel 6 as a night auditor, and also worked for EconoLodge, Days Inn and Super 8.

Some of these establishments actually give priority to walk-ins who do not have a reservation, as it's never known if a reservation is going to turn up until they actually arrive. On an Interstate highway in the midst of the week, long haul truckers will drive until they can go no further, then stop at the nearest motel for a rest and shower.

Many times, I checked in girls who just wanted a night or weekend away to party (If they wanted to dance in their rooms, I'd place them on the ground floor away from other guests.

Always a good idea to anonymously call an establishment to find out what their quiet times of the week and year are for future reference information.

Simply wanting to get away is never cause for suspicion.

We had "unsecured" reservations at Motel 6, rooms which could be reserved without a credit card until 6:00 PM, when the French Accor Hospitality Corporation owned and operated the chain. On numerous quiet nights, the majority of guests I checked in were unreserved walk-ins.

Nobody was ever suspicious of any check-in, unless it was a previous guest who had caused trouble or misbehaved. Those people would often be barred from future stays, but then they'd simply go to other competitors in town, and competitors tend to not share information with other establishments.

Pets were allowed at Motel 6 and EconoLodge, so dog shit was a common mess for housekeepers to clean up. Also, half of the rooms at Motel 6 in 2002 were rooms where smoking was permitted.

Keep in mind that these are customer service agencies who are trying to make money by selling rooms, they are not the police, and you do not work for them. Just do not be abusive.

Every motel I ever worked at had suicide cases inside their establishments, three had recent armed robberies, and other various crimes and hijinks can occur.

Often, an arrival will ask if they can have a quiet room away from everybody else, not wanting to be bothered. I would accommodate them if I could, as I worked for the guests, not the housekeepers who would have liked to have all the occupied rooms neighboring one another for cleaning convenience. It wasn't unusual for an exhausted guest to trudge in off a long drive to check in at 3:00 AM.

For guests who have checked in and paid for multiple nights, doors can be locked from the inside, and the universal "DO NOT DISTURB!" placard hung from the door knob will assure that housekeepers and other staff will leave you alone until after you should have checked out.

Rarely, a scared and abused local would check in to get away from a bad home situation. As clerks, that is none of our damned business, and if we were to call the police or emergency services in those situations, we would have been fired. The guest is the boss, and the discretion of whether or not to call anybody from their rooms is entirely up to them. If girls under the age of 21 rent a room for smoking pot or drinking alcohol, we are to give them the benefit of a doubt if we do not know that for a fact. One inexperienced stupid old schoolmarm hag clerk trainee wrongly assumed a party of teenage girls who rented rooms were indeed drinking alcohol and doing drugs, so she stupidly called in the police. As it turned out, those girls were Mormon missionaries, and that clerk was summarily fired, never to return to the field of customer service again, and those girls were given those rooms free by the apologetic manager to avoid disastrous publicity when that motel was struggling a bit.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Aww so no world travels then @ecmnesia ? I'm sorry you feel so lost I wish I could help. I'll support whatever you decide but if you have any questions about world travel feel free to ask me if it can help you feel less lost. I'm from Canada so I can't speak to how it would be coming from Brazil but I'll help any way I can, if I can. Take you're time, you're not whining. You're working through very difficult issues like a champ. Sending love :heart:

Also disregard this if you've already worked though this on another thread I've missed, I'm just trying to be supportive.

Last edited:
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I retired from Motel 6 as a night auditor, and also worked for EconoLodge, Days Inn and Super 8.

Some of these establishments actually give priority to walk-ins who do not have a reservation, as it's never known if a reservation is going to turn up until they actually arrive. On an Interstate highway in the midst of the week, long haul truckers will drive until they can go no further, then stop at the nearest motel for a rest and shower.

Many times, I checked in girls who just wanted a night or weekend away to party (If they wanted to dance in their rooms, I'd place them on the ground floor away from other guests.

Always a good idea to anonymously call an establishment to find out what their quiet times of the week and year are for future reference information.

Simply wanting to get away is never cause for suspicion.

We had "unsecured" reservations at Motel 6, rooms which could be reserved without a credit card until 6:00 PM, when the French Accor Hospitality Corporation owned and operated the chain. On numerous quiet nights, the majority of guests I checked in were unreserved walk-ins.

Nobody was ever suspicious of any check-in, unless it was a previous guest who had caused trouble or misbehaved. Those people would often be barred from future stays, but then they'd simply go to other competitors in town, and competitors tend to not share information with other establishments.

Pets were allowed at Motel 6 and EconoLodge, so dog shit was a common mess for housekeepers to clean up. Also, half of the rooms at Motel 6 in 2002 were rooms where smoking was permitted.

Keep in mind that these are customer service agencies who are trying to make money by selling rooms, they are not the police, and you do not work for them. Just do not be abusive.

Every motel I ever worked at had suicide cases inside their establishments, three had recent armed robberies, and other various crimes and hijinks can occur.

Often, an arrival will ask if they can have a quiet room away from everybody else, not wanting to be bothered. I would accommodate them if I could, as I worked for the guests, not the housekeepers who would have liked to have all the occupied rooms neighboring one another for cleaning convenience. It wasn't unusual for an exhausted guest to trudge in off a long drive to check in at 3:00 AM.

For guests who have checked in and paid for multiple nights, doors can be locked from the inside, and the universal "DO NOT DISTURB!" placard hung from the door knob will assure that housekeepers and other staff will leave you alone until after you should have checked out.

Rarely, a scared and abused local would check in to get away from a bad home situation. As clerks, that is none of our damned business, and if we were to call the police or emergency services in those situations, we would have been fired. The guest is the boss, and the discretion of whether or not to call anybody from their rooms is entirely up to them. If girls under the age of 21 rent a room for smoking pot or drinking alcohol, we are to give them the benefit of a doubt if we do not know that for a fact. One inexperienced stupid old schoolmarm hag clerk trainee wrongly assumed a party of teenage girls who rented rooms were indeed drinking alcohol and doing drugs, so she stupidly called in the police. As it turned out, those girls were Mormon missionaries, and that clerk was summarily fired, never to return to the field of customer service again, and those girls were given those rooms free by the apologetic manager to avoid disastrous publicity when that motel was struggling a bit.
Great detail but OP is a young woman from Brazil, she may get a different experience

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Great detail but OP is a young woman from Brazil, she may get a different experience

Right, but telephoning for such information anonymously should be helpful, and she may be able to obtain knowledge from others with experience booking and staying in rooms there. Accor is a multinational French conglomerate which also operates 321 establishments in Brazil. Indeed, laws and policies may be different today for Accor in 2020 Brazil, but the means of staying in business is always to make money by renting rooms to guests, not deter prospective guests from paying their money for these services.

Leaving-Soon

Leaving-Soon

Nov 9, 2020
Oh, ecmnesia, it's so sad to see you leaving… but I fully understand your decision. So just - have a peaceful journey. My SN arrived too, but still have a couple of weeks to CTB.

Everything regarding hotels was already written in this thread, I find especially Gnip insight very useful. Last 10+ years i spent 100+ nights a year in hotels, also got a lifetime status with one of big chains. Not going to repeat what other people wrote, just that it's really pretty common to have a room without prior reservation. I would however recommend doing this - to be sure there is a room available, to check any current covid restrictions, and also it's usually cheaper (walk ins often get the rack rate). Otherwise no need to worry, hotel staff saw it all - parties, hookers, meth cooking (to the extent that some US hotels won't accommodate locals), suicides, same day reservations, any kinds of reservation changes, eccentric room service orders, you name it.

In your case, I'd try to find a hotel which has an 'e-check in', where you got a room key downloaded to your smartphone and don't even need to go to reception desk. Done this many times, pretty convenient.

Fingers crossed!

Here's my good-bye song for you…

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ecmnesia and Gnip
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Nice to see the love on this thread. No intellectual stuff or debating, just support.
OP you come across as a really good soul. And there's nothing dumb about your question at all x

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Yes Ecmnesia is a very good soul. Unlike so many on here she's totally not into confrontational debates.
I'm hopeful there will be another change of heart over this ctb, it's not at all well planned

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Not suspicious at all.

The main reason to make reservations is to make sure the room is available specifically when you want it. Or if you need special accommodations, to make those arrangements. Otherwise, most people just walk in and ask for a room. Very standard practice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip and ecmnesia
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
When I am traveling by car (which is a lot, especially this year), my husband makes my reservations within a few hours of my arrival. Doesn't raise any concern at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip and ecmnesia