• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
Hello everyone,
I just came back from therapy and I have to say that what I heard made my day. The feedback on my recovery has been amazing. The difference between my previous treatment and this one is like night and day. In my previous treatment, I improved a lot, but then at one point there was no sign of improvement anymore, we kept running into wall after wall and I left every session completely discouraged, upset and embarrassed because there was rarely anything positive to say about my lack of progress. My psychologist told me that if I kept going in the direction that I was going, I would either get a psychosis or commit suicide. I quit because I didn't see the point if I just can't seem to get better, only worse. Well, that turned out to be wrong. I started therapy again in the same place but with a different psychologist and I am in such a better state now than when I left the treatment. These are the changes that have been reported:
- depressive symptoms reduced
- feelings of hopelessness reduced; shows optimism in sessions!
- traumatic symptoms reduced (the biggest improvement)
- suicidal thoughts reduced

My therapist is very pleased with my consistent progress and I get compliments every session. Distress is still high according to the feedback, but I also think I am much more peaceful in my head than previously, so according to me: also reduced. And this wasn't mentioned, but I think my self-esteem has also improved, as a result from the changes I've made. I have been eating 3 times a day instead of living off a few cheese pizza slices, and I've gotten a lot more energy, though my body is definitely not used to this change at all. Weening off weed has been less successful, but I will get there. The anhedonia is gone, I can get excited from a song, laugh at a joke, get uplifted from good news etc. I can actually see myself getting 100% cured and having a happy 2024.

The confidence that I will have, knowing that I crawled myself out of this hole on my own without people around me to confirm my hurt or growing pains, will be priceless. There have been people who tried to hinder my progress in vain, but regardless of what they do I will soon have the knowledge that I am happier than them, that I have risen above them in that sense, because I chose to get help and deal with my own pain instead of wallowing in the past and taking it out on others. Karma will do its work to give justice, though not always in the negative sense that the wrongdoers will suffer more, but in the sense that you come out happier, because you have shown grace, patience and hope despite everything and the universe is giving it to you back :) Do not give up, you will see what I mean when you least expect it :heart:

Untimely

Untimely

Student
Apr 21, 2023
I'm glad. could you share what made it helpful?

ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
I'm glad. could you share what made it helpful?

A lot of big and small things. I changed psychologist. The treatment is CBT. I journaled as many negative thoughts as possible and adressed the most common one with the ABC form every single day, you need to fill in the form daily so you can train your mind to be in a healthier mindset. The psychologist recommended a CBT handbook, I spent more time with that book than the sessions, so I did come to every session with more knowledge than the psychologist expected. I changed a lot of (minor) habits that could intensify or trigger the emotion or thoughts. Everything that you don't mention in the sessions will not be adressed, so put everything on the table so nothing will be left unadressed especially the ugly things you would be embarrassed to mention. If you have a desire to do something, mention it to your psychologist, it sometimes help to have someone tell you ''DON'T do that, it's a terrible idea''. If your psychologist tells you something is good for you even if it's mentioned in one sentence and never again, remember it and follow up on that. Keep working on your personal goals besides just the mental health aspect. Cut off ruminative thinking as soon as you realize you do it, there are several methods for that. Focus on getting more energy, by blocking your bed during daytime hours, changing diet and moving more. The more you move, the more energy you will get, that is my experience. Develop a routine that is healthy to you. Work for something and strengthen relationships to give you more of a sense of purpose. My head is much calmer through mindfulness or meditation, so I do not have as many negative thoughts going on at once and I do not get absorbed in them as much. Practice keeping your head in the present, the present is the only moment you can control. There are many more things that helped that I cannot mention without writing a book :P