D

downndone

Dec 19, 2021
It seems that honesty is a good thing at this point in the process. I wish I could blame my predicament on someone, or bad breaks or just shitty circumstance, but I can't. The fault lies squarely with me. I got myself into a situation with no good way out, well with one way out. Yes, I've suffered from depression off and on for most of my relatively long life It that's not why I'm here. It's because I don't have the backbone to stand up and deal with things. When it came to fight or flight, I fled most of the time. That's not flattering, but it's true.

So here I am: well and truly screwed. What's my reaction? Flee into the nothingness.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pluto, BeautifulMosaics, demuic and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand it is dreadful to be in a hopeless situation. Living is painful as there is no escape from ourselves apart from death and we cannot go back in time and change things. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

Reactions: demuic
Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
One thing my therapist told me that I thought was very helpful:

It may be your fault that you isolated yourself from the world and never made close friends to support you, but it's NOT your fault that you never wanted to.

Reactions: naturally
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Welcome!
It seems that honesty is a good thing at this point in the process. I wish I could blame my predicament on someone, or bad breaks or just shitty circumstance, but I can't. The fault lies squarely with me. I got myself into a situation with no good way out, well with one way out. Yes, I've suffered from depression off and on for most of my relatively long life It that's not why I'm here. It's because I don't have the backbone to stand up and deal with things. When it came to fight or flight, I fled most of the time. That's not flattering, but it's true.

So here I am: well and truly screwed. What's my reaction? Flee into the nothingness.

Well, you have to start somewhere, right? :wink:

I could say "Don't be so hard on yourself", but I'm not familiar with your situation. Talk to us if you need any guidance with anything.