T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
Does anyone truly believe in healing, surrendering to the present moment and the end of suffering? When I say healing, I mean full healing. A fresh, new mind and body. By surrender, I mean a full and unconditional acceptance of life exactly as it is. Both in the body and outside the body. By the end of suffering, I mean a completely aware state of peace and contentment with existence... I have not experienced any of this to any degree at all. I watch videos of people who preach it like it's more important than water. I have read books about people who have experienced all of this. I am just convinced that it is only possible for certain number of lucky people. Life is a random arrangement of molecules and I just think some people get a poor arrangement. I could be wrong though. Any thoughts?

Reactions: doormat25 and MatrixPrisoner
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I doubt full healing of the body. Healing of the mind, possibly, when illusions are dropped. I'm still clinging on to my illusions like a drowning man to a raft so I can't tell you for definite yet.

Why don't you try for yourself? Everyone is different.

Reactions: ABSOLUTION and Nanako
SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
I wish I could wipe the slate clean, but that's almost impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b and Nanako
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
Nah, I've been trying to do that for years. The physical pain I feel is very much impossible to come to terms with. Trying to accept it just made me more miserable; I'm not "living", I'm just staying alive and it's not worth it.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b
T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
I doubt full healing of the body. Healing of the mind, possibly, when illusions are dropped. I'm still clinging on to my illusions like a drowning man to a raft so I can't tell you for definite yet.

Why don't you try for yourself? Everyone is different.
What's an illusion?

T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
Nah, I've been trying to do that for years. The physical pain I feel is very much impossible to come to terms with. Trying to accept it just made me more miserable; I'm not "living", I'm just staying alive and it's not worth it.
I feel that deeply. I have multiple chronic issues and one that I cannot even describe and hasn't been talked about online. It's like something between physical/mental. I can't even describe what the experience is like. I am not sure if it's a mental manifestation or a true physical issue, but nevertheless it has made life truly unbearable and not even remotely worth it.
Something which isn't real.
Well, I obesess over "what if's" and how scary the future could be. I guess I am addicted to illusions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nanako
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Some people move past their despair. Others don't. It's hard to pinpoint systematic reasons that could predict with a high degree of certainty who will belong to which group.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Well, I obesess over "what if's" and how scary the future could be. I guess I am addicted to illusions.
Tell me someone who isn't...we just all differ in what illusions we're addicted to. In my opinion.

Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
I feel that deeply. I have multiple chronic issues and one that I cannot even describe and hasn't been talked about online. It's like something between physical/mental. I can't even describe what the experience is like. I am not sure if it's a mental manifestation or a true physical issue, but nevertheless it has made life truly unbearable and not even remotely worth it.

Yeah I can relate. I gaslit myself all these years into thinking I'd be able to adapt somehow, but I haven't despite my best efforts. It is what it is, I'll just off myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I think with certain strokes of luck, it could happen. A big enough distraction of the good kind.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I honestly don't believe it myself and I have honestly tried to do this in my own way but when I have tried to fully and unconditionally accept life exactly as it is, it has made me feel the exact opposite of peace and contentment. My poor arrangement or bad lot in life and the shitty deck I have been given has left me in such a state of disarray and misery that I would not wish on my worst enemy if I had one.

Reactions: thislife77
T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
I honestly don't believe it myself and I have honestly tried to do this in my own way but when I have tried to fully and unconditionally accept life exactly as it is, it has made me feel the exact opposite of peace and contentment. My poor arrangement or bad lot in life and the shitty deck I have been given has left me in such a state of disarray and misery that I would not wish on my worst enemy if I had one.
I feel very similar, my friend. I wish you the best. Suffering is truly evil. I wish it to be completely gone for all conscious beings.

• Love
Reactions: user56765567
π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I don't really believe that you can fully recover from any mental illness. I believe that you just learn how to live with it, not listen to it/avoid it. You learn what it really is and how it works so that you can distinguish it from your actual life. But in my opinion it will always stay somewhere in the back of your head.