• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
You don't actually order nitrogen for the debreather, it's just your body removing O2 and the scrubber removing CO2 that leaves N as the only thing behind besides trace gasses. That's the advantage to a debreather over an exit bag, you don't need to order gasses of any kind, the CO2 scrubber is just so your lungs don't complain that you're not getting fresh air (CO2 is our breathing warning gas). Also anyone can build a debreather themselves, you don't have to wait for someone to make it as all of the parts are freely available for sale.

Agreed that for CO you must avoid long periods of under fatal exposure, but unless you have a way to measure it then you don't know if you're getting enough or not. Maybe you're prepared with the proper measuring equipment, but most people don't go to that much trouble, and it's risky without. Most people just start making CO without any idea of where the levels are at, or any idea of how long it'll take, and they fail because they don't know.

As far as safety to others, someone just walking in is going to join you in death, especially if your CO generator is still running. "over 12,800ppm CO Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes." I don't know what CO levels you're planning on working with, but this is an extreme safety issue. A sign telling people to open doors and windows won't be enough, they'll be passed out before the get to the first window. You might even kill people in neighboring rooms if they are in the same building especially if the vents connect or the construction of the building allows the CO to easily pass between rooms.

If you're going to put up a warning sign, then make sure it's a big one that lets people know there is an extreme CO danger and to call for emergency services with proper breathing gear and to NOT open the door under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
You don't actually order nitrogen for the debreather, it's just your body removing O2 and the scrubber removing CO2 that leaves N as the only thing behind besides trace gasses. That's the advantage to a debreather over an exit bag, you don't need to order gasses of any kind, the CO2 scrubber is just so your lungs don't complain that you're not getting fresh air (CO2 is our breathing warning gas). Also anyone can build a debreather themselves, you don't have to wait for someone to make it as all of the parts are freely available for sale.

Agreed that you must avoid long periods of under fatal exposure, but unless you have a way to measure it then you don't know if you're getting enough or not. Maybe you're prepared with the proper measuring equipment, but most people don't go to that much trouble, and it's risky without. Most people just start making CO without any idea of where the levels are at, or any idea of how long it'll take, and they fail because they don't know.

As far as safety to others, someone just walking in is going to join you in death, especially if your CO generator is still running. "over 12,800ppm CO Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes." I don't know what CO levels you're planning on working with, but this is an extreme safety issue. A sign telling people to open doors and windows won't be enough, they'll be passed out before the get to the first window. You might even kill people in neighboring rooms if they are in the same building especially if the vents connect or the construction of the building allows the CO to easily pass between rooms.

If you're going to put up a warning sign, then make sure it's a big one that lets people know there is an extreme CO danger and to call for emergency services with proper breathing gear and to NOT open the door under any circumstances.

I only *scanned* the info about the debreather yesterday... that's interesting of course. I take it that people are trying to home-build them but don't just get it right so far ? Hmm... will look at that again for sheer interest, thanks for the info. What you say is basically the the debreather would be safe to use in public transport - now that is impressive ;))
You can look at my setup on the last pages of the "Formic + Sulphuric Acid Method" Thread.
I don't need a CO meter to roughly know my minimum/maximum PPMs because a certain amount of Formic acid will react to a certain volume of gas, and when I compare that amount to the room volume, the concentration is rather obvious.
I do technical overdimensioning as a life rule, and so I have way too much of the stuff almost 20 liters of acid - will likely only use part of it. I could get up to 250.000 PPM there inside my Teleport Cabin - but who needs that ? That's serious overkill. I can spend hours in there, days - so that even 1600 PPM would be enough. This is so EASY.
But I take no fail risks, I will always undercalculate my concentration by half, I can give you a practical example if you so desire. Nothing to it.
this sort of thing would be much harder with charcoal, of course.
I have a house far from anywhere, so there is hardly any risk somebody could drop dead in neighboring rooms or similar - lest burglars meet their untimely death, which I would posthumously welcome ;)
The people with the key know what's going on, or will know soon. It's probably a good idea to supply two gas masks by the door, with the fitting filters so someone can walk right in and open the windows from inside, stroll through the garden for an hour to wait for the CO to enjoy its freedom, then come back... to pick up the pieces.

H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Is rebreather and debreather the same thing?

I searched all over PPeH (March 2019 version) but couldn't find a keyword 'rebreather' or 'debreather'. Where can i get more information about them?

I have found threads about them on SS, though:
- https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ppeh-rebreather.19741/
- https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/thoughts-on-the-debreather.14517/page-2

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020

Agreed that for CO you must avoid long periods of under fatal exposure, but unless you have a way to measure it then you don't know if you're getting enough or not. Maybe you're prepared with the proper measuring equipment, but most people don't go to that much trouble, and it's risky without. Most people just start making CO without any idea of where the levels are at, or any idea of how long it'll take, and they fail because they don't know.

Is nitrogen the same thing? Like if ur in a room and the windows are open and u use the exit bag method would people still die even though the windows are open?