NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I actually enjoy life - as long as I am fed and I have a warm bed. There are people that I love.

Now the problem: I am living in my parents house because of mental health issues (and that's why I can't work). I am financially fine (welfare) but I will never find another apartment or house, that means if my parents die, I will end up homeless and live in the streets. Note that I live in Germany, that's different than being homeless in USA. What would you do? Would you choose suicide if you know that you will be homeless at one point? I enjoy life though...

Would you choose death when you become homeless?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Greenberg, WearyOfStruggling, AfraidofEverything and 5 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Would you inherit the home if your parents pass away?

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I was homeless in Germany and maybe it is worse than in London it is still ok. While you can enjoy a can of beer or a cigarette don't kill yourself. As I understood in Germany you can get free housing as in UK so just don't care about shit. Also you can apply for benefits but you know better. I lived few weeks on the streets in Berlin you can get free food on zoological garden I think and there are accomodation options just in front of main station. They give free clothing also. As a foreigner I just wasted my time sitting all day inside the main station and smoking, stealing some food here and there and eating on Zoological garden also. Sometimes I slept on the bench in the park. I had psychotic episode but I had some fun for sure! Also i earned around 10 Euro per hour just begging around. Also I drank a bottle of vodka in Munich and they placed me in rehab and then in psychiatry unit. You can stay there forever. Good food and if you have a cell phone or tablet just enjoy yourself. I got free cigarettes all day long somehow. Food is actually better than in UK mental ward by far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenberg, Myforevercharlie, Sensei and 2 others
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Would you inherit the home if your parents pass away?

I can't. Welfare regulations. I have to sell the house, live of the money, and then apply for welfare again. They don't let me own a house.

I was homeless in Germany and maybe it is worse than in London it is still ok. While you can enjoy a can of beer or a cigarette don't kill yourself. As I understood in Germany you can get free housing as in UK so just don't care about shit. Also you can apply for benefits but you know better

Yea the state pays for the apartment but nobody gives an apartment to unemployed people. No chance. Not enough apartments for everybody. I have very bad chances then. How was life as a homeless person? I am interested to know more about it. Maybe I will accept a life as a homeless person and choose life. Maybe I will choose death. Not sure now.

• Aww..
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I can't. Welfare regulations. I have to sell the house, live of the money, and then apply for welfare again. They don't let me own a house.

Yea the state pays for the apartment but nobody gives an apartment to unemployed people. No chance. Not enough apartments for everybody. I have very bad chances then. How was life as a homeless person? I am interested to know more about it. Maybe I will accept a life as a homeless person and choose life. Maybe I will choose death. Not sure now.
Man I am from Latvia originally. Forget about dying. Being homeless in Germany or UK is a fun experience. I don't know about winter in Germany but in UK I lived a year in Heathrow airport no problem. If you have warm clothes I think you can figure something out in Germany also. I remember I think in Austria or Germany they have heated railway stations here and there so I would stop there for awhile if I teleport to Germany right now before I figure something better

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Morphosis, Sensei and 1 other person
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
you need someone to advice you financially, if you inherit the house there must be ways.

Reactions: noname223 and Lostandlooking
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Man I am from Latvia originally. Forget about dying. Being homeless in Germany or UK is a fun experience. I don't know about winter in Germany but in UK I lived a year in Heathrow airport no problem. If you have warm clothes I think you can figure something out in Germany also. I remember I think in Austria or Germany they have heated railway stations here and there so I would stop there for awhile if I teleport to Germany right now before I figure something better

That is a wild story! An entire year at the airport?!

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would have a suicide plan in place for if I became homeless, and then go on enjoying life until then if it were enjoyable.

Reactions: muffin222
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019

I had psychotic episodes too which destroyed my life. Winter in Germany is harsh if you are on the streets. I don't want to sleep in shelter , because I don't like sharing the shelter with junkies or drunk people. I heard there is a lot of theft when you sleep in the street. I think it's a miserable life but you know better. Are you still homeless? If you enjoy homelessness, why do you want to die? Do you want to die?

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
That is a wild story! An entire year at the airport?!
Yeah in Terminal 5 or if I had money in terminal 2. You just buy coffee and stay in Nero Caffe. In terminal five it is completely free and there is a bus number 9 I think which brings you to and from airport. In Westminster there is a place called the Passage they give you free food which is very good, shower, computer access and clothing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alec
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Honestly, yes. I wouldn't make it on the streets. Some people are still able to live a relatively enjoyable existence while homeless, but I know I wouldn't

Reactions: JGT1, Pineapplecrown, DamnYourEyes and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Homelessness for me is an absolute death sentence. My circumstances vastly differ from yours though.

Reactions: JGT1 and Superdeterminist
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yeah in Terminal 5 or if I had money in terminal 2. You just buy coffee and stay in Nero Caffe.

What about bathing and grooming? Wouldn't people complain if you or your clothes smell or look bad? Not trying to be mean I am just curious how it would work

Reactions: Disco Biscuit
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I would have a suicide plan in place for if I became homeless, and then go on enjoying life until then if it were enjoyable.
I have a flat and around 117 thousand eur assets but my health deteriorated, actually I enjoyed homelesnes better
What about bathing and grooming? Wouldn't people complain if you or your clothes smell or look bad? Not trying to be mean I am just curious how it would work
I had an Emporio Armani jacket and a pair of pants from Mark and Spencer for 25 pounds. In the winter I bought a 16 pound sweater and 60 pound coat from M&S. I looked better than average. Few times a pissed my pants after booze in the airport but I cleaned after myself no police was involved. I was running around here and there but wasn't smelly. I mean if you behave yourself and don't try bringing attention to you nobody cares. Police checked my ID I think five times all together and even enlisted me in rough sleepers list

Last edited:
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I have a flat and around 117 thousand eur assets but my health deteriorated, actually I enjoyed homelesnes better

Wow, you went from homeless to having 117,000 net worth? Can you teach me how this is done lol

Sorry for all the questions I'm just fascinated by this. I've been working for a decade and do not have $117,000 net worth

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Wow, you went from homeless to having 117,000 net worth? Can you teach me how this is done lol

Sorry for all the questions I'm just fascinated by this. I've been working for a decade and do not have $117,000 net worth
All together it is 200.000. I could have half a million no problems if not for circumstances. I was homeless because of psychotic episode. Actually I had it twice but first time in UK they sectioned me straight away in Yorkshire. The police officer approached me and that was it. In London nobody cared. Here is my scar from jumping on the fence in Sheffield

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_232509.jpg
    IMG_20200825_232509.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and KleinerWolf
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I would much rather be dead than be homeless. It's one of my biggest motivators to ctb since the threat of homelessness looms over me.

Reactions: noname223, Meditation guide, DamnYourEyes and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Well, the OP asked if one would choose death if they become homeless, and that's how I replied, what I personally would do in the same situation. I'm a female, it's a lot harder for us unless we have the protection of a male, we're far more vulnerable, and I don't know martial arts, and they're not useful anyway when I'm asleep. As much as I've traveled alone, even that is challenging without a male companion, I always had to be on guard. I didn't realize how intense it is until I was walking around either with a female who was as vigilant and streetwise or with a guy so that I drew less attention, I was able to relax a bit and it was a total difference from the norm I'd gotten used to.

I've been homeless but never had to sleep outside except for a couple times when I was a teenager, and then I was with a guy, and it really sucked as far as being physically uncomfortable, as well as having to be on guard. I've known plenty of homeless people and at this point in my life (I'm 49) and in my personal growth, there is no way I would put that kind of trust in someone likely less stable than me to protect me. Fuck that. I'd rather suicide than be that vulnerable. If I couldn't be in transitional housing at the least, no way, and even then, I've had enough of it. I could do transitional housing again if I had to, but really, I'd just rather be done if it were to get to that point. But I'm already planning to suicide for other reasons, so again, it's my personal perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarahlynn, AfraidofEverything and GravityUtilizer
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I'm in supported accommodation and struggle to see a way forward tbh. But I've got just about enough to keep me occupied for now.

Reactions: NextSummer
AfraidofEverything

AfraidofEverything

Living in my head
Jun 12, 2020
For me yes I would. And it's a constant future worry of mine.

I'm fortunate to stay with family but they aren't always going to be around and I do not have any other family or friends. I would rather just finish things at that point. My state is not affordable to live in and I'm female too without children so no one cares about me and it would be dangerous.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, NextSummer and Superdeterminist
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Absolutely a reason to ctb for me. I'm facing homelessness currently and it's a terrifying thing to be faced with. I've never been in this situation before and hard to imagine coming out the other side of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, TimeToBiteTheDust, Final Escape and 4 others
josainsplorgat

josainsplorgat

Feb 24, 2020
if you have a car or can get a hold of a cheap one i lived in mine for 3 months, couch surfing at a random friend's house occasionally. had a gym membership that i worked out at and showered in. then i'd hangout at the library / parks pretty much all day and find a place to park and sleep at night. i'm 6 feet and sleeping in the back of a 99 camry is uncomfortable as hell lol but the worst part was my diet was bad mostly ate cheap shit off fast food menus which exacerbated my stomach problems

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Final Escape and KleinerWolf
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I simply couldn't do homelessness. Thats very much grounds for CTB for me.

Reactions: noname223 and Superdeterminist
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
One issue that is also not raised: Once you are homeless, you have no chance to get hold of peaceful means of exiting life like SN or inert gas. So you have to make a decision before getting homeless

Reactions: Meditation guide, DamnYourEyes, woxihuanni and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Definitely no need to kill yourself in advance.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would almost definitely choose to CTB if I am homeless because I am not capable of surviving homelessness. I don't have the street skills or the ability to cope in such situations (safety from criminals and other shady actors out in public, exposure to the elements, lack of a place to sleep in peace, medicine in case of illness or sickness, and more). I would just CTB once I know that I'm homeless, broke, and lack a place to stay. Of course, this doesn't undermine my other existing reasons for wanting to CTB either, it will just accelerate the process of CTB'ing.

Reactions: Silenos, Greenberg, Meditation guide and 2 others
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
I'm facing shitty a living situation, not homelessness, and that still makes me want to CTB. My home is my safe place.

I'm curious to hear more about people who actually manage that lifestyle as well though. How do you charge your phone? When I am depressed, and don't shower for a week+, I smell... bad. How do you deal with hygiene? How do you feel safe sleeping random places? How do you keep warm in winter?

I am so spoiled, I can't imagine living like that and actually be able to carry on. You guys are fucking badasses! :devil:

Reactions: Meditation guide
builtwrong

builtwrong

permanent solution to a permanent problem
Aug 24, 2020
Being homeless is for sure part of why I'm gonna ctb. I know for a fact i won't be able to pull myself out of this and even if I do I'll be more miserable than when I was homeless.

Reactions: DamnYourEyes and Superdeterminist
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
Being homeless is for sure part of why I'm gonna ctb. I know for a fact i won't be able to pull myself out of this and even if I do I'll be more miserable than when I was homeless.
How long have you been homeless?

C

Cedi

Feb 17, 2020
How about selling the house and leave the country? I am from the netherlands. I am thinking about leaving the country. West-europe seem to have a housing crisis doing to mass-migration and it is getting too expansive for people like us. Only healthy and rich people seem to survive here in the future. Too many ridiculous rules too. I am thinking about Uruguay where cultivating cannabis is legal. People always think it is legal in the netherlands, but it is not. It is a cheap country too.