• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Which one would be best for suicide and do you have a study to back it up? I have both and think JHP (jacket Hollow Point) will work best.

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
Hollow point because it causes more tissue damage.

Reactions: LADY007, Someone123, Kyrok and 1 other person
R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
Hollow Point

Reactions: LADY007 and Sickman75
ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
I have never shot with hollow pointed bullets, only full metal jacket bullets. If I could be sure that the hollow bullet projectile can penetrate the skull bone twice and thus exit on the other side , I would perhaps take the hollow pointed bullet. But I think both are deadly, in the end it makes no big difference. More importantly, choosing the right entry point for the shot. Take what you feel better with, you will not survive both.

Reactions: Sickman75
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Which one would be best for suicide and do you have a study to back it up? I have both and think JHP (jacket Hollow Point) will work best.
Hollow point. Will make a huge mess. I've shot animals in the head and it just explodes them

Reactions: Someone123 and Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Hollow point Trump's all

Reactions: Someone123
O

Onkyo74893

Dec 11, 2021
Yes, hollow point. A full metal jacket will only drill a hole straight through whatever it hits. And a few others on this site said to put the barrel in your mouth and angle upward slightly to hit the brain stem. It's how Hitler offed himself, and I'm sure he had tons of advisors that educated him on the correct method. As others here have pointed out, shooting yourself in the head leaves a huge mess. But I read of one minor celebrity who put garbage bags over her head before she shot herself so whoever saw her first wouldn't be quite as traumatized.

ENDOFTIME

ENDOFTIME

Nov 3, 2021
Hollow point - but selection of location most important ....

june

june

Experienced
May 25, 2020
Hollow point or 45. What do you think?

N

NoahJuan

Mar 5, 2022
Hollow point or 45. What do you think?
Hollow point is a type of bullet shape, while a .45 is a size (caliber) . You can have a bullet that is both a 45 and a hollow point at the same time.

june

june

Experienced
May 25, 2020
Thanks for info! How about hollow 45 vs hollow 9mm?

R

raghu1977

Nerd
Jan 29, 2022
Thanks for info! How about hollow 45 vs hollow 9mm?
9 mm usually is over 1200 fps. +P+ out of a larger barrel can get you almost to 1400 fps.

45 is going to have trouble getting to even 1000 fps.

So - a good self defense 45 or a good 9mm will have ~500 ftlbs of energy.

But - the 9mm will have higher velocity, so will have a slightly larger temporary cavity.

So - net net - either 9mm or 45 with decent ammo will provide roughly similar terminal ballistics.

However - if you are looking for real oomph - neither will come anywhere near a rifle or a shotgun.

And FMJ is probably asking for trouble. Odds are the bullet just punches through causing very little damage. You would have to be very precise to destroy the medula oblongata. A little bit to one side or another might be problematic.

Last edited: