• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
I recommend drawing, painting, coloring. Activity books with crosswords, sudoku etc. Journaling is also fun, I used to take some time off my screen time by journaling what I had done and other personal thoughts. Journaling everyday about what you have done can also help you feel less useless, on days I felt like I did nothing but rot I'd read back on the journals and see thay hey, I did work on some stuff even if a little.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I've started Diamond art which I find quite therapeutic.

Adult Lego kits?

I've also started looking at rebel badge book which is where you get badges for completing activities but not very accessible if you're not able to afford it :ahhha:

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
I find a lot of pleasant distraction in gunpla, Japanese plastic models of gundam robots. There are premade kits available. Just a few specialized tools are needed. It's like following IKEA assembly directions, but super small. They kits have amazing engineering applied. I find a lot of mental comfort in focusing on the small parts and details. If you follow the directions closely, you cannot lose. ^_^

I recently spent way more than I should have on a kit, with the intention of distracting me.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Knitting is one option. Haven't done it for many years, since I don't have the time, but I used to find it relaxing. Developing some sewing skills is useful too, if your eyesight is up to it. Mine isn't any more. Embroidery is good if you have vastly more patience than I do.

soolka

soolka

Źšā™”ɞ killing me softly Źšā™”ɞ
Apr 13, 2023
chess, knitting,blanguage learning, drawing/painting, reading
hiking, legos/puzzles, flower pressing

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I really want to learn Rubik's cube. I knew some formula, but I want to solve it without explicitly using formula. Did Rubik know the solutions when he invented the cube?

cali88

cali88

Nov 11, 2023
You can learn coding if you like it to be 8h+ on the screen

JusMe

JusMe

Wandering this thing called life
Mar 3, 2023
Look into geocaching! It's an app with a map that shows u spots where people have hidden stuff in your area and you can go and find them

author

author

they/them
Jul 13, 2021
I like finger-knitting, especially while watching a show or something. It lets me feel like I'm doing something while I watch a show and relax. Once you get into a rhythm for it, you can kind of just mindlessly do it while you watch and eventually you have a scarf or something or other lol

There's a few tutorials on youtube but this is the shortest one I found. You basically just need yarn, so it's a lot less expensive than traditional knitting lol

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere