• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

how often do you engage in hobbies or things that you enjoy doing?

• every day

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • a few times a week

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a few times a month

• once a month

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a few times a year

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • once a year

• less

• dont have hobbies or things i enjoy doing

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
how often do you find you are able to engage in your hobbies or do things that you enjoy?
i find it really hard to muster motivation or energy to do anything, whether its things i need to do or even things i want to do. i sometimes get a random burst of energy to do something maybe a few times a year, the rest of the time i cant even think of anything that i would say i enjoy doing, let alone have the motivation or energy to actually do them if i could think of them. i do wonder if this is either caused by or made worse by my medication. i used to love drawing and making things all the time, but now i just cant do anything until i get a random burst of energy which could last as long as a week or as little as a few hours. i miss being creative so much. it used to be the biggest part of my identity, i used to call myself an artist, but i feel like i cant anymore bc i dont make anything.
this question came to mind bc i recently had a burst of energy to crochet again yesterday, and i can already feel it wearing off. i started making a leaf garland bc it was an easy way to get back into crocheting and ive wanted to make one for a while. i made maybe half a meter in one go and was enjoying it, but now i can only do a few stitches before i feel so empty and hollow and i just sit there holding it and staring off into space. its so frustrating. not being able to do something i enjoy. not being able to enjoy it. i feel like such an empty husk. i used to be able to crochet something in a couple of days or a week and not lose concentration. i used to be able to finish a drawing in one go without taking breaks because i enjoyed the process. even things like going for a walk or listening to music, things that are good for my mental health and should give me a sense of purpose, i just cant do them.
idk where im going with this, just needed to get this out i guess. also wondered if other people struggle with this in a similar way. i know a lot of ppl here say they dont have hobbies or dont enjoy anything, which i can relate to sometimes. not looking for advice btw, bc ive heard it all before. idk what im looking for with this. maybe just some understanding or to feel a little less alone.
also pls feel free to share your hobbies/things you enjoy doing if you want to.

Reactions: hot
hot

hot

Mar 3, 2024
also pls feel free to share your hobbies/things you enjoy doing if you want to.
I rly like reading books, studying (idk why but i like to study for school lmao). I love the gym, i love doing sports. It's the only time of the day where I can switch off. I also love walking in the forest. Those are pretty much all the hobbies I have.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
I like riding my bicycle 🚲 and petting animals ❤️

I like gaming too I guess, just not when I'm depressed 🫤

• Love
ewlife

ewlife

:(
Oct 4, 2023
I love rock climbing. It's the only thing I consistently do, and can sometimes even force myself to go when I'm depressed.

• Love
ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
I love going to the gym. Pretty much the only productive thing I can do without needing to force myself. Really helps me forget about everything for a while.

trampingtroll

trampingtroll

Mar 20, 2024
i like hitchhiking, wildcamping/just spending time in the woods, drinking coffee, painting, listening to audio plays, diy-ing things (like crafting: crocheting, embroidering, binding books) or smaller woodworking/construction projects in my garden spot, also dumpsterdiving, urban exploration....
i like my dysfunctional coping strategies.
i have a few friends, that sometimes make me feel understood and occasionally i feel playful, lighthearted or even joy when i spend time with them and i enjoy coexisting with them.
ahh and also listening to french hip hop helps me sometimes.

Last edited:
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Reading (sometimes), playing guitar and listening music. Do 'em everyday. I think I really would be dead otherwise.

I like to draw/paint and watch films too, but I do those less often. They take more time and energy I think.

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
For me my biggest hobbies are probably; Playing video games, biking, literary analysis, reading and writing.

I was basically able to do none of them for several months. Then I started to be able to play "Skyrim" a little bit again and enjoy it. I still don't manage every day, but I do manage maybe half the days to enjoy "Skyrim" a little bit.

Since the end of February I've also started writing again. Every day. Not very much, but maybe a paragraph or something a day. That might not sound like much but my depression was so bad that I was able to write almost nothing since the start of 2022 before then.

Literary analysis was the one thing I kept doing a little bit for most of the earlier parts of my depression too. Though when I was in the deepest depths I couldn't even do that. I do that a lot of days in the week to.

I still haven't really managed to do much reading. I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Biking I've thought about doing but it's a bit too cold. And I'm also scared of having my thoughts to myself too much.

So, yeah, that's basically most of it. Unless you count generally listening to music, watching TV, watching Youtube videos and masturbating as hobbies, lol. I do those too.

• Love