A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I've been declared fucked up enough to gain access to old people services.
I'm thirty years old.
It's not free, I just get to use it.
The service I need most is cleaning. My apartment looks like a hoarder's place.
There is a problem: my closet is my hiding place for SN in case my landlord decided to drop by when I'm not home. My pipes are leaky.
The thing is, my landlord doesn't ruffle through my closet. Not that I know, at least.
The cleaning lady might. I need ideas for where to move my stash without fucking it up, exposing it to air (no opening the baggies), and somewhere where the cleaning lady wouldn't look.

I have a guitar case, which is my current idea, but it'll make noise. Maybe.

Anyways, throw me some more ideas, please.

F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Do you have a nightstand?
Tell her not to open it and put it there

Q

Qdv

Student
Sep 17, 2019
I've been declared fucked up enough to gain access to old people services.
I'm thirty years old.
It's not free, I just get to use it.
The service I need most is cleaning. My apartment looks like a hoarder's place.
There is a problem: my closet is my hiding place for SN in case my landlord decided to drop by when I'm not home. My pipes are leaky.
The thing is, my landlord doesn't ruffle through my closet. Not that I know, at least.
The cleaning lady might. I need ideas for where to move my stash without fucking it up, exposing it to air (no opening the baggies), and somewhere where the cleaning lady wouldn't look.

I have a guitar case, which is my current idea, but it'll make noise. Maybe.

Anyways, throw me some more ideas, please.
Any empty shoe boxes or sock drawer (in socks or a pair of shoes)? Curious about the services you stated is it through disability?

Reactions: ArtsyDrawer
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Could you put it in a condom packet, or any kind of packet of something the cleaner wouldn't open?

Reactions: BlueWidow
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Do you have a bag of sugar or flour you could bury it in ?

Reactions: ArtsyDrawer
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Any empty shoe boxes or sock drawer (in socks or a pair of shoes)? Curious about the services you stated is it through disability?
That is actually very creative.

As far as I know, there are two ways to be declared fit for this assistance: either be old and trigger some governmental alarms or have an old person notice you're fucked up and call this service in your name.
I had the latter happen.

Reactions: Qdv
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
What about buying a small portable safe from Amazon and using that? I am considering this myself.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Do you have a bag of sugar or flour you could bury it in ?
No, but I'm now pondering to buy one for this exact purpose.
@Qdv I forgot to say I'm from Israel. Don't know how other places handle "old people assistance".

Last edited:
Reactions: mattwitt
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'd either just stick it in the pantry with food, maybe behind stuff that won't be bothered. Or if you're really insecure, tape it up in a small box labeled private or something.

Are you maybe overthinking the threat of it being found though? How deeply are they going to clean and go through your stuff? Most people won't even know what the hell it is if they do see it.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
I think anything that says private or a safe may make the cleaner feel suspicious of it and may alert the landlord? The safest way is, if you pair up your socks and fold them or a box of cereal or a bag of sugar. But use whatever you have or would usually buy. I'd probably put it in my lotion bottle that's still pretty full.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'd either just stick it in the pantry with food, maybe behind stuff that won't be bothered. Or if you're really insecure, tape it up in a small box labeled private or something.

Are you maybe overthinking the threat of it being found though? How deeply are they going to clean and go through your stuff? Most people won't even know what the hell it is if they do see it.
It's a large bag that came from the mail taped up. It's hidden in the back of a closet, behind a pile of clothes. If you open it, you see it contains three smaller baggies filled with some mysterious not-quite-powder that looks like salt.
It'd look fishy as fuck from the cleaning lady's perspective.
But yeah, I admit I may be overthinking this. I'm paranoid as hell about new people.

LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
(Sorry-long post) Do you have any old electronics that you don't use? I'd store it inside a boom box or discman. A cleaning person isn't going to throw out a stereo without asking first, but they aren't going to look inside it.

Also, there is the old bookshelf trick: hollow out a book, and and store it in there. Most cleaning people will be worried about the books piled on the floor, but won't do anything with the ones tightly packed on a shelf.

Wrap it up in birthday gift wrap, and explain that it is for a friend that you only see every few months.

For Females, put it inside a few tampon or sanitary napkin tubes.

When I was in hospital, I needed a place to hide a small amount of money. I asked the nurse for an adult diaper (didn't need it—except as a piggy bank!) I kept it in my drawer, and my money was never taken—even the sketchiest roommate/cleaner won't dig into the lining of a big old diaper!!!

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It's a large bag that came from the mail taped up. It's hidden in the back of a closet, behind a pile of clothes. If you open it, you see it contains three smaller baggies filled with some mysterious not-quite-powder that looks like salt.
It'd look fishy as fuck from the cleaning lady's perspective.
But yeah, I admit I may be overthinking this. I'm paranoid as hell about new people.
Gotcha. Mine came in a small bottle, so I wasn't picturing a big bag.

I do think there are probably a lot of places you can just put it and have it not be bothered. How about just buy a cheap canister for the kitchen and store it there? Nobody is going to open a food canister, and you can hide it in plain sight. And even if they do look inside, it does look like a salt and that's not suspicious in a food setting.

Also, there is the old bookshelf trick: hollow out a book, and and store it in there. Most cleaning people will be worried about the books piled on the floor, but won't do anything with the ones tightly packed on a shelf.
You can even buy fake hollow books on Amazon.

Last edited:
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Why do you need to hide it from a cleaning lady? Its not illegal, has many uses...

Reactions: ArtVandelay
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Why do you need to hide it from a cleaning lady? Its not illegal, has many uses...
That's what I was thinking, but I understand the paranoia about it being found. We know what it's for, and so it feels like everyone else does too.

I still stand by my statement that most people aren't going to even know or care what it is if they do see it, though.

But I think it's the way it's packaged that is the concern in this case. It's a weird substance in baggies and doesn't look normal.

I actually think just sticking it in the guitar case is a fine solution. I don't believe it needs to be deeply hidden and stuff rattling around in a case is not weird.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
That's what I was thinking, but I understand the paranoia about it being found. We know what it's for, and so it feels like everyone else does too.

I still stand by my statement that most people aren't going to even know or care what it is if they do see it, though.

But I think it's the way it's packaged that is the concern in this case. It's a weird substance in baggies and doesn't look normal.

I actually think just sticking it in the guitar case is a fine solution. I don't believe it needs to be deeply hidden and stuff rattling around in a case is not weird.
true.

OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
Put it in a vitamin bottle, nobody is going to suspect something with a different label on it. Just get a bigger bottle with a powdered vitamin and bury the entire bottle of SN in it.

Last edited: