• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

author

author

they/them
Jul 13, 2021
I'm going to a doctor for surgery soon and I'm afraid because I have very recent SH scars. I know a lot of people here would understand my extreme fear of inpatient hospitalization.

I don't know how I'd hide my scars during a surgical procedure. They're on both my arms, and a little on my legs. I mean, it should be a short procedure, but I'm still scared. What do I do?

sueoffside

sueoffside

forget dbt and cbt i wanna ctb
Dec 11, 2019
depends on where abouts you are having surgery. You could try dressings but if ur getting surgery on ur arms or legs it will be harder/impossible to conceal

Last edited:
Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
Depending on how severe your scars are, you may be able to hide them with concealer. If the surgical area(s) include where you have self-harmed, then I doubt you can hide the scars.

magicalsarcoma

magicalsarcoma

sending love to cats
Apr 4, 2022
I used to be addicted to sh. I came to donate blood, there were huge scars on my hands. The nurse condemned it and wondered if it was time for me to go to a mental hospital. I also went to the state psychiatrists, they saw all this shit on my hands. And i noticed that if you behave confidently with doctors or say something like "yeah, i was young and dumb, i regret it now", then they become indifferent

sueoffside

sueoffside

forget dbt and cbt i wanna ctb
Dec 11, 2019
And i noticed that if you behave confidently with doctors or say something like "yeah, i was young and dumb, i regret it now", then they become indifferent
I don't think this works with recent or fresh wounds unfortunately

Reactions: author
Intelligent_Panic99

Intelligent_Panic99

Student
Jan 4, 2022
I have never had any adverse reaction my numerous, I mean probably hundreds, of scars from medical professionals. Maybe behind my back? Who knows? They see a lot. I totally understand and feel your apprehension though. The more you show them though the easier it gets. ❤️

Reactions: author