• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WaffleMan

WaffleMan

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
Im going to a sporting festival soon and im participating on a team in it my team uses tank tops for are shirts and im wondering if anyone knows of ways I could get away hiding wounds on my shoulders? Any help is appreciated

• Love
Reactions: 90starve and soft-flower345
spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
water proof foundation or those compression sleeves for athleetes.

cicadafriend

cicadafriend

Jun 13, 2023
water proof foundation or those compression sleeves for athleetes.
This. But also make sure to use lotion or toner on the area before adding the foundation/concealer if the wounds have healed. Best of luck!

hopeless302

hopeless302

Student
Sep 11, 2022
Im going to a sporting festival soon and im participating on a team in it my team uses tank tops for are shirts and im wondering if anyone knows of ways I could get away hiding wounds on my shoulders? Any help is appreciated
You need to stop SH to give the wounds time to heal man. I know it's easier said than done, but it's worth a shot. Anyway, in my humble (and unlicensed) opinion, you should keep the wound moisturized with some kind of antibiotic cream or jelly. Then, wrap them up with ABD pads, gauze or kerlix if possible. Also, remember to clean them with a specialized wound care agent (available at most drug stores if you ask), or maybe regular soap + water if you don't have access to that. Remember, peroxide or alcohols can dry out the wounds and lead to longer healing times. Once the wounds start to become scars, some waterproof concealer might be a good option to make them less visible. Temporary tattoos are another option, though it might be a little cringe to some people. Anti-scar creams and cocoa butter treatments can also help. Of course, you can always lie and say you had a bicycle accident and got the wounds. But honestly, the best thing to do is to try your best not to self harm and see a medical professional if your wounds are deep or severe.

More info:

WaffleMan

WaffleMan

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
You need to stop SH to give the wounds time to heal man. I know it's easier said than done, but it's worth a shot. Anyway, in my humble (and unlicensed) opinion, you should keep the wound moisturized with some kind of antibiotic cream or jelly. Then, wrap them up with ABD pads, gauze or kerlix if possible. Also, remember to clean them with a specialized wound care agent (available at most drug stores if you ask), or maybe regular soap + water if you don't have access to that. Remember, peroxide or alcohols can dry out the wounds and lead to longer healing times. Once the wounds start to become scars, some waterproof concealer might be a good option to make them less visible. Temporary tattoos are another option, though it might be a little cringe to some people. Anti-scar creams and cocoa butter treatments can also help. Of course, you can always lie and say you had a bicycle accident and got the wounds. But honestly, the best thing to do is to try your best not to self harm and see a medical professional if your wounds are deep or severe.

More info:
Thank you also wanna say i haven't sh'ed in a while the stuff i have currently is healing so im giving it all time too

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: soft-flower345 and hopeless302
hopeless302

hopeless302

Student
Sep 11, 2022
Thank you also wanna i haven't sh'ed in a while the stuff i have currently is healing so im giving it all time too
that's great to hear, champ. I'm rooting for ya.

• Love
Reactions: WaffleMan
feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
I think its possible to use make up to cover up the scars, pretty sure there are even specific products for hiding scars. No idea how efficient it is but i think it depends on the skill of the user. Certain over-the-counter creams, gels, or silicone sheets may help reduce the visibility of scars. Happy to hear you managed to stop SH i hope it stays like that. Have fun at your sporting event!

• Love
Reactions: soft-flower345
notSamiguess

notSamiguess

catJam
Mar 13, 2023
If you use a bandage to wrap it, you'd have to have an excuse prepared just in case anyone asks how you got hurt, but if you use an athletes brace or something (I think I saw someone suggest that? I don't even know if they have ones for shoulders) then if may seem strange if the sport you do wouldn't cause that very easily. Then again you could just say you fell down the stairs and screwed the muscle. In the end, if you don't have wrapping bandages, put makeup on the marks that are the most subtle and leat obvious, and use no more than 1 big bandage on the ones best not covered. If you use a bunch of small bandaids, it's really obvious. Please be careful <3!!

• Informative
Reactions: soft-flower345
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I have scars on my arm. I use silicone scar tape to cover them up, it's water proof. It's the color of skin. The one i use is just a little bit darker than my skin. If someone would ask, I would say I was trying to fade some burns or something. This would be your best bet I think.

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
since this is a sporting event, are your wound areas small enough to cover by wearing sweatbands? they may not look out of the ordinary, depending on how far up the arm you need go to cover.

L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
I use waterproof thick makeup designed for covering tattoos, not ideal and despite the adverts you can tell close up and it doesn't stay all day but it's really good on the whole
I use dermablend and a setting powder

Last edited:
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Depending on your skin tone & the color of your scars you'd need a colored concealer (check the like color wheel to know which one/search what color covers for the color of your scars) a good one is the NYX pallette that has all the concealer colors.

Then there is the products from the brand "dermablend" they have like a body foundation that covers scars but people always say to use the colored concealer with it. Then dermablend also has a white powder/setting powder to make sure it stays all day.

This is what I bought like 4 yrs ago so I could be walking around scar free. I never got around to the full application of it but it's supposed to be really good, waterproof etc etc. Makeup artist highly regarded it/I bought it while I was really engaged with that community.

So to make all of this concise:
-corresponding/opposite color of scars - colored concealer. Nyx is a good brand.

-dermablend foundation & white setting powder. (Which will be about $75CAD in total but maybe more now)

Hope ya have fun at the sports festival 🤗

d3c4y

d3c4y

renzzo
Sep 22, 2023
from my personal experience, the easiest way to cover it up is to get concealer that will take the redness away (or whatever the color may be) and thick foundation with white setting powder. for extra precaution you add scar tape (in your skin tone ofc lmao) on top of the makeup to hide it better.

LeBroom

LeBroom

Professional smoothie~
May 24, 2023
Foundation and concealer is probably your best bet, but maybe you could cover some with sports tape? Not sure where it would usually go exactly, but I have seen people use it on the shoulders on occasion already.