D

detached

Student
Mar 31, 2019
I'm supposed to be with my family for Christmas and I'm expected to wear a dress (can't deny wearing it). The only problem is that my entire left arm is covered in scars and they don't know it. I've looked through the internet to try and find long-armed dresses but It's not easy finding one. So I was wondering if any of you knew what I could do/wear to hide my scars while at the same time looking decent (as in, I won't be the center of attention because of what I'm wearing)? What do you guys do to hide your scars?

(Btw, please tell me if I can't ask this kind of question)

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Do you have something like a bolero or blazer? They are considered formal and are great to wear in the winter. Some bolero are made from a transparent material. If so, I would suggest getting one in a dark color.

Reactions: maka and detached
NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I bought a few weeks ago a really cosy dress with long sleeves in the Primark for only £15, I got no idea where you live but perhaps have a look in the Primark?
The dress looks really neat, so I'd recommend this

Reactions: LonelyLight and forever21
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I bought a few weeks ago a really cosy dress with long sleeves in the Primark for only £15, I got no idea where you live but perhaps have a look in the Primark?
The dress looks really neat, so I'd recommend this
I also got a long sleeved cosy dress in primark last week lol. Its lovely, black dress with a swing effect on the "skirt" part. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Love
Reactions: NeCkDeEp
maka

maka

this is for you, mi cuervito 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
What I have been told myself in this type of situation is
1) Use makeup to hide the scars
2) Fake an inury and wear a brace
3) Wear a dupatta or saree (if you're Desi) or a shawl/formal poncho.
4) Use rolled gauze wrap or a bandage (different from the brace) to fake an injury (you can even draw little pictures on it to make it seem real!)

hope this helps! I'm also looking for ideas since I have to go around family in about 2 weeks.

Reactions: justwhy? and detached
NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I also got a long sleeved cosy dress in primark last week lol. Its lovely, black dress with a swing effect on the "skirt" part. I'd definitely recommend it.
Ohmygod this literally sounds like the dress I bought????

• Love
Reactions: LonelyLight
M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
Wear an open-front cardigan sweater. Worn over a dress its actually a nice look. Plus it's winter, even indoors I'm prone to being cold this time of year so it shouldn't be considered unusual

Reactions: Woodnote, detached and forever21
NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
You can't pm me?
It's my new winter favourite I must say :smiling::love:
Have I just sent you a PM or did it not work out?
SAME it's so cosy, I love dresses in general tbh

• Love
Reactions: LonelyLight