• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Saai

Saai

Mar 20, 2023
Hi. You can call me Saai.

I'm 23 years old.

I honestly don't really have very many people to talk to. Not about this anyway. So I thought I'd just kinda toss my feelings on here. Hope that's OK.

I didn't have the greatest childhood tbh. My mom and dad divorced when I was 3. My mom took custody of me and my brother (my bother was 10).

We had it rough. My mom barely scraped by. My dad instantly had a new wife who had a son already. At first my brother and I visited my dad on weekends. We didn't like our new stephmom. She was kinda mean, and the whole environment at my dad's house was so radically different from my mom's that, going there wasn't really enjoyable to me or my brother. Eventually we stopped visiting and I lost contact with my father, despite us living in the same town.

Fast forward a few year to my brother's rebellious phase. He was about 16 or 17 when things started going very badly for him. He dropped out of highschool and got into constant fights with my mother. There were several incidents where the fighting got so intense the cops had to be called to diffuse the situation.

My brother had no chill. When he was pissed he was PISSED. It was straight up abusive tbh. Me and my brother were very close despite this. He was a good big brother. Just got very aggressive sometimes.

Usually things like this cool down when you get older but this did not. My brother's rage kept growing. As he got older the out bursts only got worse and more frequent. There were many sleepless nights with hours of shouting, my mother crying, and me just trying to keep the peace.

It was around the age of 12/13 that my first thoughts of suicide started surfacing. I hated my life. I hated school. I was an outcast. I hated my house because the environment was unstable at best. I became an atheist around that time too. I couldn't quite understand why, if there is a god, would he have brought me into this world just live the life I lived.

My brother and his friends smoked copious amounts of weed. And inevitably, at the age of 13, I did too. This use continued actually up until I was 21. It helped me cope with everything.

Suicidal thought followed me all the way through highschool and long after. But never an attempt.

After finishing highschool I started working for my dad. This was the first time we started building a relationship since i stopped visiting him. All the while I started a bachelor's in computer science via an distance learning university.

Eventually I grew tierd of my brother. Like really tired. I started to more frequently thinking about CTB, and started considering methods that were available to me. My brother had gotten into hard drugs, like meth. Thing were just spiralling out of control to the point that I honestly could not take it anymore.

I moved to my father's house and stopped smoking weed. This was a huge change of environment. And mentally it was hard to adjust. Things were better but I never really felt comfortable. There was this insanly deep well inside me. Just filled with years and years of bottled up pain, anger and sadness. I think quitting weed made it all bubble up.

I didn't take it out on the people around me. I was not gonna be my brother. I started cutting. And that gave same wierd release. It didn't make me feel any better, but it was cathartic in a way. It started with thoughts of slitting my throat. Which needless to say I didn't do. I experimented on my arm. Skin is thicker then one might think and I could never muster up enough courage ever inflict enough damage to myself to be even close to fatal.

I eventually gave up that endeavour. I started considering overdose but never had access to enough of anything to kill me. I once bought a bottle of nootropics. These were drugs that were supposed to increase your focus levels. One night when the well opened up again, I drank the whole botte.

I was awake the whole night. Move felt strange. My mind was racing. My vision was blured. My body felt weak. Simply keeping my eyes open made me nautios. So I laid in my bed with my eyes closed determined to keep it all down. Hours passed. I truly did feel awful with moments of what could only describe as euphoria, which just cycled back to nausea.

I couldn't keep it down.

I thew up at around 5am. Allot of the pills didn't even digest properly. I'm sure if I kept it down I would have died. But my body wouldn't let me. I felt so incredibly weak for two days after. The first day, I slept all day long. The second I could barly stand.

I made another OD attempt a few months after, which honestly was pathetic l, and didn't even come close.

I just feel so insanly empty. Like life has no meaning. Like studying has no meaning. Why would I want to participate in a world that has no place for me. I have no one. I am so incredibly alone. I have no motivation to try and be sucsessful. I want to simply stop existing so I don't have to try anymore. I just want to curl up into a little ball of nothing and simply be relieved of this world.

Kusogaki

Kusogaki

Stagnation
Mar 22, 2023
Im sorry you had this experience with ctb, this is a beautiful story. I'd love to talk maybe chat sometime. PM whenever. x - kusogaki

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I empathize with you. I'm so sorry for the experiences you had.

• Love
Reactions: nonialabaster
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Hi, Saai!
You are young. I'm sorry for your troubles, I truly am. I did not grow up in such an abusive household, as you have described.
I have been diagnosed with Clinical Depression, GAD and BPD. I cut myself, when I was in my 20s. I bear the scars, all over my arms. I wear long sleeves in the heat of a North Texas summer, even at my age (I'm 53.)
Welcome to the forum, and I applaud your courage posting here. You are braver than you think you are!
This is a great community that is such a help to me. I hope you find help here.
Take care, honey.

Reactions: kitch
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Hello Saai and welcome.

We have a thread for introducing yourself

PS your username means ' boring' in my language..:)

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It is truly awful growing up in a chaotic environment like that. The worst part is that surviving to adulthood only brings the commencement of new problems, without the resources to handle them.

If you are trying to make sense of what happened, it sounds like your brother had a bona fide mental illness that was never diagnosed or dealt with. This could be conduct disorder, or the early stages of antisocial personality disorder. In fact, pathological rage is a symptom of numerous conditions. Once these conditions are combined with meth, best to keep very far away.

Saai

Saai

Mar 20, 2023
Hello Saai and welcome.

We have a thread for introducing yourself

PS your username means ' boring' in my language..:)
I was unaware sorry.

And yeah ik it means boring. It's not the intention behind the username but ig it is kinda fitting.
It is truly awful growing up in a chaotic environment like that. The worst part is that surviving to adulthood only brings the commencement of new problems, without the resources to handle them.

If you are trying to make sense of what happened, it sounds like your brother had a bona fide mental illness that was never diagnosed or dealt with. This could be conduct disorder, or the early stages of antisocial personality disorder. In fact, pathological rage is a symptom of numerous conditions. Once these conditions are combined with meth, best to keep very far away.
He does infact have one. He has Aspergers. His outburst are kind of typical of autistic people and having the same history I have, ig made the severity and frequency of them worse.

He was diagnosed at the age of 21. I don't entirely hate him. He's still my brother. But he is a large part of why growing up sucked.
Im sorry you had this experience with ctb, this is a beautiful story. I'd love to talk maybe chat sometime. PM whenever. x - kusogaki
I don't actually know how to pm lol.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really think that overdosing is recommended for a successful ctb, it certainly does sound horrible going through that failed attempt. But anyway, I wish you the best, it's very much understandable wishing to permanently be free from this cruel world.

witheringDreams

witheringDreams

Mar 21, 2023
Hi. You can call me Saai.
I wanted to write a PM, but that doesn't seem to work... so I'll just post it here:

In a magical forest, there lived a small fox named Luna. Luna was a curious and adventurous fox, always exploring the forest and discovering new wonders. One day, Luna stumbled upon a dark and dreary place, unlike anything she had ever seen before. The trees were barren, and the air was thick with an overwhelming sense of despair.

Luna knew she had to do something to help. She began to explore this desolate place, looking for any signs of life or hope. As she journeyed deeper, she found a small sapling struggling to grow amidst the bleakness. Luna knew she had to help the sapling thrive. She dug around it, watered it and gave it all the attention it needed.

As the days passed, the sapling grew into a beautiful and strong tree, its branches reaching high up into the sky. The tree attracted other creatures, and soon a whole new forest began to grow around it. Luna watched with joy as the forest became alive and vibrant once again, filled with the sounds of laughter and happiness.

Just like Luna, you too have the power to bring light into darkness, to create hope where there once was none. Keep exploring, keep discovering, and most importantly, keep believing in yourself. Just like Luna, you too can make a difference and bring beauty into the world.

If you want someone to talk to.. I would be happy talking to you :)

Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
I wanted to write a PM, but that doesn't seem to work... so I'll just post it here:

In a magical forest, there lived a small fox named Luna. Luna was a curious and adventurous fox, always exploring the forest and discovering new wonders. One day, Luna stumbled upon a dark and dreary place, unlike anything she had ever seen before. The trees were barren, and the air was thick with an overwhelming sense of despair.

Luna knew she had to do something to help. She began to explore this desolate place, looking for any signs of life or hope. As she journeyed deeper, she found a small sapling struggling to grow amidst the bleakness. Luna knew she had to help the sapling thrive. She dug around it, watered it and gave it all the attention it needed.

As the days passed, the sapling grew into a beautiful and strong tree, its branches reaching high up into the sky. The tree attracted other creatures, and soon a whole new forest began to grow around it. Luna watched with joy as the forest became alive and vibrant once again, filled with the sounds of laughter and happiness.

Just like Luna, you too have the power to bring light into darkness, to create hope where there once was none. Keep exploring, keep discovering, and most importantly, keep believing in yourself. Just like Luna, you too can make a difference and bring beauty into the world.

If you want someone to talk to.. I would be happy talking to you :)
Sorry, how does that story apply to depressed people? What should we give to the world when we are deprived of the will to live?

• Love
Reactions: witheringDreams
witheringDreams

witheringDreams

Mar 21, 2023
Sorry, how does that story apply to depressed people? What should we give to the world when we are deprived of the will to live?
Apply it however you want. I simlpy like writing short stories that are inspired by the posts people make :)
I of course hope it gives people a small spark of hope or joy in whatever they are struggling with. And since Saai said they have noone and nothing I wanted to reach out.
As for your second question, when someone is struggling with depression and feels like they have no reason to live or contribute to the world, it can be helpful to remember that even small acts of kindness or simply being present for someone else can make a big impact. But of course there is no one answer for everyone.

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
to saai as well: you need more posts and a bit of time to unlock DMs! don't worry about it too much, but you can post in offtopic forum games to get your post count up.

Reactions: Saai