Y

youhavethedove

Oct 9, 2023
I'm aware that this isn't ideal, but it's only thing I'll have access to. If you were to take a really high amount suddenly, would it induce coma so that you at least wouldn't feel the other negative effects?

H

hardtruth

Oct 9, 2023
Painful + slow death

Reactions: figurehead
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
it can work and did many times for others but that bus ride will most likely be slow and agonizing one. Friend of mine spend a week in coma until she passed from organ failure after attempting to ctb with lithium. so beware that it can lead to quite horrible outcomes regardless if you succeed or not.

• Love
Reactions: youhavethedove
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
If you want to OD do it with fentanyl not some stupid things like lithium or paracetamol, why would you choose substances that will make you die very slowly and in pain

• Love
Reactions: finishLana, inconsequential_ and Praestat_Mori
Y

youhavethedove

Oct 9, 2023
Where do you expect me to get fentanyl? I would much rather have access to that but don't. I have 28g of lithium and can get more every month. I was hoping that if you took such a high dosage suddenly it would just immediately make you comatose. I've read that 5g can be fatal so if you took like 100g who knows?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Sorry my ignorance. Is that a lithium salt you have there bc lithium itself a metal and there would a strong reaction in your stomach if you swallowed the pure metal.

As was said already it's probably not a pleasant way to OD. It's your decision in the end.

here some researched ODs:

Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
If you want to OD do it with fentanyl not some stupid things like lithium or paracetamol, why would you choose substances that will make you die very slowly and in pain
I'm sorry but fentanyl isn't some miracle drug like nembutal either. you're much more likely to pass away with lithium in that case. let alone the obstacles that is getting your hands on fent when you have no trustworthy sources.

i mean as an ex opioid user i get why it's appealing but why all that advertising lately? not just directed at you but in general on this forum, just because people drop like flies due to getting laced doesn't make fentanyl or heroin are actually reliable methods lol

edit: grammar

• Love
Reactions: youhavethedove
inconsequential_

inconsequential_

Your coffin, or mine?
May 4, 2022
Where do you expect me to get fentanyl? I would much rather have access to that but don't. I have 28g of lithium and can get more every month. I was hoping that if you took such a high dosage suddenly it would just immediately make you comatose. I've read that 5g can be fatal so if you took like 100g who knows?

A drug dealer? Trust me, they're everywhere.

Y

youhavethedove

Oct 9, 2023
So I'm basically just waiting around to die, my question is if I get 56 pills per month, how long to wait exactly? The more pills you crush in liquid, the thicker the liquid will be. I will also buy incontinence pads so as not to make more of a mess. That's 22.4g / month.

Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
I'm sorry but fentanyl isn't some miracle drug like nembutal either. you're much more likely to pass away with lithium in that case. let alone the obstacles that is getting your hands on fent when you have no trustworthy sources.

i mean as an ex opioid user i get why it's appealing but why all that advertising lately? not just directed at you but in general on this forum, just because people drop like flies due to getting laced doesn't make fentanyl or heroin are actually reliable methods lol

edit: grammar
I never ever said it's reliable, but compared to slowly dying in suffering for days like in paracetamol overdose, or having seizures for hours with lithium, I would recommend fentanyl yes.
if you want to die by ingesting chemical:
Nemb > SN + benzos > fentanyl > most other substances

FadingShadows

FadingShadows

always a nightmare, never a dream
Sep 10, 2023
Sorry my ignorance. Is that a lithium salt you have there bc lithium itself a metal and there would a strong reaction in your stomach if you swallowed the pure metal.

Lithium is prescribed (at least when I was on it) as a psych med primarily but not solely for bipolar disorder, and in that form it is a salt (and I apologize if I misunderstood the question and you already knew this!)

I can't comment on overdosing with it, but being on it was absolute hell for me (and I've heard similar from others), in part because I'd been prescribed an anti-psychotic for a NON-psychiatric disorder that has no real, directed treatment if its own (it's pretty much a, "Here are some off-label meds that MIGHT work, so let's just start throwing them at you until something sticks," thing), and I'm neurodivergent with paradoxical reactions (though at that time I was undiagnosed because the 80s, "girls don't get autism," etc), so not only was the original disorder not being helped by it, I also started suffering mental side effects due to how inappropiate a choice it was. But of course it wasn't that it was the wrong medication for my case, it was that I needed both a higher dose of it AND to start lithium for my newly-diagnosed bipolar disorder, despite lithium being STRONGLY contraindicated with the anti-psychotic...and I'm sure we all know the story from there. Didn't work, symptoms and mental state get worse, higher dose, even MORE new meds, wash rinse repeat. I'm absolutely sure that combination alone caused some of the damage I have now (and honestly, I never objected to the bipolar diagnosis the way my mother very vehemently did for reasons I don't understand, because *I* could see it, but I was also capable of realizing traditional treatment wasn't right for me, but had no say in it because I was a minor. Once I turned eighteen I cold-turkeyed off almost everything I was taking because even with the legal ability to say, "I do not want to continue this," my doctors wouldn't agree to let me come off (and you're not really supposed to do that, but I didn't have a choice) and started monitoring and managing my triggers myself in ways that DID work for me, and I was as close as I've ever been to sane for years (aside from the PTSD ¬_¬ ) until something else came along that messed me back up, but that's another Severely Long Story ("Thousands of years ago..!") 😅 ).

(Edited for some wrongly-placed punctuation OCD; actual content's still the same!)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and youhavethedove
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Lithium is prescribed (at least when I was on it) as a psych med primarily but not solely for bipolar disorder, and in that form it is a salt (and I apologize if I misunderstood the question and you already knew this!)
Thx. I knew this already but anyway good addition hints and I looked that stuff up now. Obviously such medication contains Li2CO3 (lithium carbonate). This can easily be acquired on amazon. Alternative lithium salts: lithium chloride (LiCl)

As was already said lithium poisoning isn't recommended but you wouldn't need to wait for several prescriptions.

This is only for information and neither a medical advice nor a recommendation.

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
Very true. I'd stay away from lithium, it's deadly but in a slow horrible way. I've Oded on lithium (by accident) at least 3 times. Believe me, it's not something I'd recommend to anyone.

Y

youhavethedove

Oct 9, 2023
Would you actually have to feel the pain? Or would they make you unconscious?