Iseeblue_711

Iseeblue_711

Oct 4, 2020
So I just wanted to say that I feel very bad for ignoring my bff, even tho I told her from the beginning that I ll be gone for a while, but at the same time, even when I feel good, I don t really get the motivation to message her, because I know for sure that after a while I m gonna feep very dowb again, if I don t distract myself with something else.But staying like this, feeling guilty but still not saying a word makes me think that I m gonna lose that connection that we have, because I think you remember that I told you guys that she already thinks I don t care about our friendship just because I need a pause from everything.What do you guys think I should do?

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Breadbfra, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Are you able to check in with her and let her know when you feel good, without getting too deep? It might mean more than you think if she's worried you don't care.

People need a pause from everything now and then - if she's a good friend she should understand.

Reactions: Metalhead
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
A sad harsh reality is if you neglect your friends they will go away. If you want to maintain social relationships you do need to keep the connection going even when sad or not feeling ok, or it will devolve.

• Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Myforevercharlie and Breadbfra
Iseeblue_711

Iseeblue_711

Oct 4, 2020
A sad harsh reality is if you neglect your friends they will go away. If you want to maintain social relationships you do need to keep the connection going even when sad or not feeling ok, or it will devolve.
The worst part is that I m not even sure I want to maintain it or not, bcs later I might regret it, but at the same time I feel like I don t want and also deserve people around me and that I just want to be left alone and die....
Are you able to check in with her and let her know when you feel good, without getting too deep? It might mean more than you think if she's worried you don't care.

People need a pause from everything now and then - if she's a good friend she should understand.
The only way to check in with her is through internet, because we live far away, and I think you know hoe how different is internet talking vs rl talking, so even if I do tell her that I m fine, she s just gonna say that I m not answering the way she wants(bcs i just feel drained of everything)and we re just gonna argue about it, like always, and I don t wanna get to that point AGAIN...

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The worst part is that I m not even sure I want to maintain it or not, bcs later I might regret it, but at the same time I feel like I don t want and also deserve people around me and that I just want to be left alone and die....
You might want to keep maintaining it till you're sure you don't want to anymore. It's usually easier to keep a connection than it is to get it back if you regret losing it. It's hard to be social when depressed.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Iseeblue_711

Iseeblue_711

Oct 4, 2020
You might want to keep maintaining it till you're sure you don't want to anymore. It's usually easier to keep a connection than it is to get it back if you regret losing it. It's hard to be social when depressed.
Yeah, it is hard....well, I guess I ll follow your advice.Thank you.

The only way to check in with her is through internet, because we live far away, and I think you know hoe how different is internet talking vs rl talking, so even if I do tell her that I m fine, she s just gonna say that I m not answering the way she wants(bcs i just feel drained of everything)and we re just gonna argue about it, like always, and I don t wanna get to that point AGAIN...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and ThrownAwayTom