dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
I was just in rehab and met a heroin addict. He said that he had medically died on heroin twice (obviously was revived). He said it was extremely peaceful and that he felt it was an ideal suicide method.
Made me think, heroin is probably much easier to get than N, which is so highly regarded and has very limited availability. Seems like heroin would be fairly easy to get in most cities/towns.
The trouble might be learning to inject yourself.

Reactions: moths, wannago, Ghost2211 and 3 others
RubberMan

RubberMan

Pharmacology/Toxicology Nerd
Oct 10, 2020
The trouble isn't really learning to inject yourself (that's actually extremely easy), the trouble is if something goes wrong after you take the dose. What happens if you are found and given Naloxone? Moreover, even if you use a sterile needle and clean the injection site properly, the heroin being injected is not sterile. While rare, IV drug use can result in Infective Endocarditis (in-hospital mortality rates for IE range from 10% to 50%, and survival requires at least 6 weeks IV antibiotics with open heart surgery being necessary in about 30% of cases). Really, dying of a heroin overdose is only feasible if you can guarantee that you won't be found and have taken well over the lethal dose so as to make absolutely sure death will occur. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to elucidate some risks of this method that aren't frequently thought of.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and grungeCat
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Opioids are quite peaceful death, it's true. The problem is that you might fall into addiction if your dosage won't be lethal. And you are very easy to 'rescue' via Naloxone... you have to make a good plan. You also have to make sure you will take a very huge dosage, like a few times more than the LD50 cuz otherwise you can treat yourself to the most painful suicide ever. Trust me, addiction is no fun. It's the worst long-term pain I've ever felt.
And Injecting isn't that bad. Yeah, it's pretty painful but you can get used to like to everything. I practiced with saline solution and it eventually stopped making an impression on me.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Disappointered, Red and 1 other person
ravergirl

ravergirl

Death becomes her
Jul 22, 2020
Opioids are quite peaceful death, it's true. The problem is that you might fall into addiction if your dosage won't be lethal.

Everybody's addicted to something. As a functional meth addict, I find the use of addiction as a boogeyman to be kind of trite. Especially if the plan is to die sooner rather than later, anyway.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Ghost2211, Disappointered and grungeCat
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I mean you can snort it can't you? But yeah that's what I'd be afraid of too, not being lethal and then you become addicted.

What if you just get high then find out the high is awesome.

Reactions: BeHope, Ghost2211, Disappointered and 1 other person
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
I mean you can snort it can't you? But yeah that's what I'd be afraid of too, not being lethal and then you become addicted.

What if you just get high then find out the high is awesome.
Right? Find a new reason to live, ha.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x, BeHope and Ghost2211
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Right? Find a new reason to live, ha.
I don't know, you could end up worse. Not only failed suicide but then a H user.

I just feel like succeeding is harder than most people think. But I have had the same question personally about if it would be possible with a large dose.

• Hugs
Reactions: grungeCat and Ghost2211
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Everybody's addicted to something. As a functional meth addict, I find the use of addiction as a boogeyman to be kind of trite. Especially if the plan is to die sooner rather than later, anyway.

Physical addiction is godawful though, I felt so out of control when I got stuck on gabapentin and took myself off too quickly... thought (hoped) I was gonna die but alas it was pure torture instead, both in body and mind. Hurts to feel out of control in life but physical addiction adds an extra dimension that shouldn't be taken lightly

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide, grungeCat, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This is why feelings don't correlate to facts. Opioids aren't magic addiction monsters, or anyone who has ever had surgery would be a heroin addict.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, ravergirl and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yeah, I'm starting to think H is actually the best or as good as N but the pph doesn't want to say so. Seem's like as long as you know it's a lethal dose and no one will find you you're good.

Reactions: dysfunctional
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
This is why feelings don't correlate to facts. Opioids aren't magic addiction monsters, or anyone who has ever had surgery would be a heroin addict.
That's why it called a feeling maybe? No one is claiming facts.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Physical addiction is godawful though, I felt so out of control when I got stuck on gabapentin and took myself off too quickly... thought (hoped) I was gonna die but alas it was pure torture instead, both in body and mind. Hurts to feel out of control in life but physical addiction adds an extra dimension that shouldn't be taken lightly
Prior to being on this site I never realized people used gaba to get high. Neurology gave it to me for migraine related stuff. I have a crap ton of it still so didn't realize it's a controlled substance. It never did it for me. Even tapering down slowly over like 2 months sucked pretty badly. Going on cold turkey must be hell.

Reactions: Red and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'm really surprised to learn that gaba is now a controlled substance like opiods where i live because people use it to get high...i've had it prescribed as well and it definitely did not get me high at all.

RubberMan

RubberMan

Pharmacology/Toxicology Nerd
Oct 10, 2020
I'm really surprised to learn that gaba is now a controlled substance like opiods where i live because people use it to get high...i've had it prescribed as well and it definitely did not get me high at all.
It's Gabapentin that is controlled, not GABA. Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid itself is not controlled in any way (in the United States) and is frequently found in the "supplements" (read: useless quack remedies) section of pharmacies and grocery stores. gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) is schedule 1 in the US, and is frequently confused with GABA due to it being a precursor to GABA.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Thanks, I'm referring to gabapentin.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
If only it wasn't so hard for me to get my hands on some :( Thanks for sharing info.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I've never tried drugs aside from MJ a handful of times. Docs keep me supplied with Oxy & Xanax. I WISH I knew where to get some H. My family would never suspect suicide and would be beyond surprised I even tried it. It would be one of those she was square her entire life except getting drunk 4x a year and this was her first time and she OD. My brother tries to talk me into hitting his MJ but I don't- thats how drug free I am.

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019

Nobody said that, Mr Shapiro