I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Has anyone tried antiemetics with alcohol?

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Dumb question about your dumb question: could that kill you?

Reactions: IrRegularjoe
Nohopeinhell

Nohopeinhell

Mar 1, 2020
I'm on them anyway due to the medication i am on. Sometimes i don't need to take them as i have bouts of nausea. If I'm out drinking heavily I'll pop 2 of them and they work wonders for me after a heavy night of alcohol.

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I'm on them anyway due to the medication i am on. Sometimes i don't need to take them as i have bouts of nausea. If I'm out drinking heavily I'll pop 2 of them and they work wonders for me after a heavy night of alcohol.
Thanks for answering. Do they make you feel less nauseated while drinking (I guess it would depend on the person, if alcohol made them feel nauseated). Or is it just the next morning when the hangover should be there.

Nohopeinhell

Nohopeinhell

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks for answering. Do they make you feel less nauseated while drinking (I guess it would depend on the person, if alcohol made them feel nauseated). Or is it just the next morning when the hangover should be there.

Oh i still get the hangovers. Unfortunately.

Alcohol doesn't make me feel nauseated at the time but if i drink too much and get wasted i tend to puke badly for about 2 days afterwards. I get the hangover but without the feeling of needing to be sick of physically being sick. Im on a drug called Ondansetron and it does work really well. When i drink now i always pop a few.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I cant take antiemetics because they give me an insane extrapyramydal reaction
Id rather puke my guts out than just sit there shaking, twitching and restless

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
What I got was called tiethylperazine (Torecan), but from what Ive read it has similar mechanism of action.
I never felt this bad.
I also get this effect from like 80% of psych meds.
So Im not touching anything from these med groups ever, Ill stick with otc anti sickness pills.
Torture. Not worth it

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
What I got was called tiethylperazine (Torecan), but from what Ive read it has similar mechanism of action.
I never felt this bad.
I also get this effect from like 80% of psych meds.
So Im not touching anything from these med groups ever, Ill stick with otc anti sickness pills.
Torture. Not worth it
Sounds awful. You should read that article I posted earlier in this post. It was interesting to read. It was about isopropyl alcohol being an antiemetic.