StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Search itchen bridge
If you are overdosing, how are you going to get there "safely" without people realising there is 1) something wrong with you 2) just getting there, it is not the easiest thing in the world to be blitz and travel...ie walk, run, drive, etc...

Reactions: and 10 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
No ones survived that fall yet

To be honest the fall it self will most likely NOT kill you but you will be broken and most likely your cause of death will be drowning, not from impact.

Reactions: and 10 others, Volatile, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
good luck not waking up forest gump style

Reactions: couldntthinkofaname, and 10 others, StarDust and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Not naming names like but if you have something negative to say maybe combine it with some positive feedback rather than just essentially saying "har har good luck with that shit method"

Reactions: Jaguar, Marystevenson1001, couldntthinkofaname and 2 others
namelessx

namelessx

Sep 4, 2018
Not naming names like but if you have something negative to say maybe combine it with some positive feedback rather than just essentially saying "har har good luck with that shit method"
i agree :/

Reactions: Tiburcio and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
:( if jumping on water, the height has to be at least 250 ft
Is this true exactly? There's a bridge near me that is only 150ft tall, so the water clearance is going to be even less than that, but mortality rate for jumpers is 98%. Yes they may drown but regardless survival is very rare and probably due to jumping near the edge of the bank rather than centre of the river.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humber_Bridge "More than 200 incidents of people jumping or falling from the bridge have taken place since it was opened in 1981; only five have survived."

Edit: I suppose at lesser heights like these it matters a lot about the condition of the waters you're jumping into, too. The humber estuary has strong currents going out to sea I believe.

C

C11H18N2O3

Sep 2, 2018
I wish you good luck too!

Personally I wouldnot take the risk choosing this suicide bridge.
From Wikipedia: The Itchen Bridge has seen over 200 suicides since opening and a Samaritans notice and intercom have been installed.
I think this bridge has been protected seriously now, because public relations from major cities really hate their metropoles being into negative publicity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiburcio
A

and 10 others

Aug 29, 2018
Is this true exactly? There's a bridge near me that is only 150ft tall, so the water clearance is going to be even less than that, but mortality rate for jumpers is 98%. Yes they may drown but regardless survival is very rare and probably due to jumping near the edge of the bank rather than centre of the river.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humber_Bridge "More than 200 incidents of people jumping or falling from the bridge have taken place since it was opened in 1981; only five have survived."

Edit: I suppose at lesser heights like these it matters a lot about the condition of the waters you're jumping into, too. The humber estuary has strong currents going out to sea I believe.

Golden Gate Bridge: 67m
The bridge you mentioned: 45m
cliffs of La Quebrada where professional divers jump with head first entry: 30m
Humber Bridge: 30m
Itchen Bridge: 28m
High diving sport (women): 18m - 23m

she will have not life threatening fractured bones. she will survive if she enters the water with feet. she might get unconscious if she goes with head first entry.

Last edited:
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
she will survive if she enters the water with feet. she might get unconscious if she goes with head-first entry.

Over 200 people have suicided from both the humber bridge and from itchen bridge. Only 5 survivors from the humber bridge and I don't know about survivors from itchen bridge but I think it's a very bold and dangerously misinformed claim to say "she will survive" in any circumstance. but please correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems the facts of successful suicides here directly counter what you're saying. Unless you're talking about death on impact.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I wish you good luck too!

Personally I wouldnot take the risk choosing this suicide bridge.
From Wikipedia: The Itchen Bridge has seen over 200 suicides since opening and a Samaritans notice and intercom have been installed.
I think this bridge has been serious protecteted now, because public relations from major cities really hate their metropoles being into negative publicity.
Sorry to double post but yep it's funny, itchen and humber have almost identical suicide statistics but because itchen bridge is in a highly populate area it gets protect whereas the humber gets nothing, no phone or barriers.

A

and 10 others

Aug 29, 2018
Over 200 people have suicided from both the humber bridge and from itchen bridge. Only 5 survivors from the humber bridge and I don't know about survivors from itchen bridge but I think it's a very bold and dangerously misinformed claim to say "she will survive" in any circumstance. but please correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems the facts of successful suicides here directly counter what you're saying. Unless you're talking about death on impact.
you're right. let me correct it this way:
i would *definitely* go head first entry from 30m
we don't know why those 200 people died. was it because of hypothermia that resulted in drowning or simply getting unconscious at impact and drowning

Last edited:
Reactions: weedoge
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018

Personally I want to die on impact. If you want to drown then so be it

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
you're right. let me correct it this way:
i would *definitely* go head first entry from 30m
we don't know why those 200 people died. was it because of hypothermia that resulted in drowning or simply getting unconscious at impact and drowning
You're right but some jumpers don't care what the cause is so it's best to consider everything :D If all you care about is reliability then it's a pretty solid method, but yes definitely head first..

Personally I want to die on impact. If you want to drown then so be it
Oh yeah I would prefer it too that's why I chose against a bridge near me that would've been super convenient. The thought of drowning is enough to make me unable to do it. Some people don't care about the risks there though because it's an easy and to perform on impulse and reliable method.