• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Breelia

Breelia

Aug 25, 2018
I'm struggling with this...

I have the means to provide something to someone to help them. I am struggling to bring myself to do it.

Is it reasonable to ask some difficult questions of that person before giving them what I have?

I know that I will take my life eventually, it could be soon or it could be years from now when my kids are no longer dependent. If I do decide to wait, how can I live with myself knowing I've helped kill someone...I don't know.

But it seems this person is suffering pretty bad and I also feel terrible to allow the suffering to continue if I can help.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Reactions: MortDeVivre, Lady Euthanasia, Tiburcio and 3 others
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I'm struggling with this...

I have the means to provide something to someone to help them. I am struggling to bring myself to do it.

Is it reasonable to ask some difficult questions of that person before giving them what I have?

I know that I will take my life eventually, it could be soon or it could be years from now when my kids are no longer dependent. If I do decide to wait, how can I live with myself knowing I've helped kill someone...I don't know.

But it seems this person is suffering pretty bad and I also feel terrible to allow the suffering to continue if I can help.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.
even though you mean well, you could be sent to jail for this (my country is quite liberal but giving others drugs or guns or whatever is not allowed.)

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, Tiburcio and lv-gras
Breelia

Breelia

Aug 25, 2018
even though you mean well, you could be sent to jail for this (my country is quite liberal but giving others drugs or guns or whatever is not allowed.)

Yeah I need to trust that they will delete all traces to me before they do it, it's a big ask of someone you don't know and also someone who is in a desperate state.

Reactions: lv-gras and GoneSeptember2018
Paulsmith

Paulsmith

Student
Aug 8, 2018
I have to agree with creature of light on this on. I live in the UK and you could be jailed for assisting a suicide as it would go down (I think ) as murder

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
A

and 10 others

Aug 29, 2018
Yes. That's not necessarily about assistant suicide. You may ask some questions before helping anyone.

how can I live with myself knowing I've helped kill someone...I don't know.
Just the exact same way you helped someone to live. By helping that person to make his/her mind. To make a decision if that free will actually exist.

Anyway, I think it's risky. There are plenty ways to ctb with. Why that person needs that thing you have?

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
Breelia

Breelia

Aug 25, 2018
I have to agree with creature of light on this on. I live in the UK and you could be jailed for assisting a suicide as it would go down (I think ) as murder

I think our laws here are pretty similar.

Reactions: lv-gras
Breelia

Breelia

Aug 25, 2018
Why that person needs that thing you have?

Good question.

I think there are other ways for them to access this without it destroying me.

I feel terrible, I feel selfish saying no. But I think I have to.

Reactions: and 10 others, Tiburcio, lv-gras and 1 other person
Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
Good question.

If you know of any alternatives, I suggest you let this person know of them. That way, you can still help them in some small way. However, do it in a way that sounds neutral, if that makes any sense. I've heard encouraging suicide is illegal, but choosing words wisely can make a difference.

I'm not really good at giving this kind of advice, sorry.

Reactions: and 10 others, Tiburcio, lv-gras and 1 other person
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
Good question.

Don't feel bad, Breelia. It's not your fault this world doesn't allow legal euthanasia that would allow people to die with dignity. It's the real reason these people end up being so desperate.

Reactions: Paulsmith, Rocky M, Smilla and 5 others