• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Everglow

Everglow

Everglow
Mar 31, 2018
Evening all, hope you're all well.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help I'm desprate and unsure of what to do. A friend of mine a couple days back broke down emotionally, tears and opended up about how he is feeling.
Fast forward to today and he has isolated himself, taken himself off social media, not talking to anyone, ignoring calls/texts. I understand why some people choose to isolate themselves and if that's what he needs that's perfectly okay and I will support that.
I really want to help him maybe write a letter post it through his door? I'm not sure... that's the best I've come up with. Can anyone help me with what to say in a letter to him please? Writing isn't exactly my strong point as you can tell... or any other ideas would really be appreciated.

Thank you for reading this - Amber x

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I never know what to do in those situations either. There really isn't much besides letting them know you care, and are there for them whenever they need, with no judgement. He's lucky to have a friend like you. :)

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Evening all, hope you're all well.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help I'm desprate and unsure of what to do. A friend of mine a couple days back broke down emotionally, tears and opended up about how he is feeling.
Fast forward to today and he has isolated himself, taken himself off social media, not talking to anyone, ignoring calls/texts. I understand why some people choose to isolate themselves and if that's what he needs that's perfectly okay and I will support that.
I really want to help him maybe write a letter post it through his door? I'm not sure... that's the best I've come up with. Can anyone help me with what to say in a letter to him please? Writing isn't exactly my strong point as you can tell... or any other ideas would really be appreciated.

Thank you for reading this - Amber x
If you don't want to confront him about any problems he may have just yet, you could go for an indirect route. Text him about something that's unimportant and unrelated to his issues. You could even send a meme or just ask when he can hang out next.

If bringing up your previous conversation is unavoidable though, being direct may be your best bet, as awkward as it is. I would say something like, "Hey, I noticed you haven't been out lately. I was just wondering if you're busy or if you're upset about what we talked about the other night. Anyway, I just want you to know I'm here for you".

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
i just got a care package in the mail today.
nice to be thought of .
haven't read the letter yet ...

how dare they intrude into my hell ?
now i owe them ...
can't they see i'm just trying to die here ?

i feel a bit cared for which is nice ,

i think what i am saying is be prepared for 'conflicted' , confused responses.

Reactions: dano6533
H

humanbeingthrowaway

Apr 16, 2018
Just write : Just a reminder, I care about you and I will listen to anything you want to talk about.

Then if they want to talk, just listen.

D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
when i isolate myself i dont want to be reached by no one
if the person cares about u they ll contact u when they feel ok