• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
So I'm planning on drowning myself, either in a river or a lake (more like a reservoir, we have one nearby that doesn't see many visitors).

I know drowning is thought to be one of the scariest and uncomfortable method but I think it's poetic and alligns with my ideals. I want to be eaten by the fishes.

My preferable method is tying a cement brick to myself, probably to my ankles or waists. The reservoir and river both are not very deep but enough to be submerged and deeper, using whatever knot or device which can't be undone, exhale as much as I can, stop breathing as long as I can, drop the brick in the water and let myself sink. I weight 120lbs, have light asthma and can take a large dose of Seroquel, smoke weed or drink liquor before hand if that has any positive effects. I'm not a good swimmer. Due to my BMI I assume I should have a quicker death.

They say drowning can take 10+ minutes for true death to occur, I don't care as long as I'm not rescued. What I do care about it how long it will take to become unconscious.
My assumption is because of my prior exhaling, i will breath in the water quicker, lose oxygen quicker and I will become unconscious quicker. That's what I care about.
How long do you guys think it will take to become unconscious if I do it like this? Is there any way I can make this happen faster?

Last edited:
Reactions: TimetoGo! and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023

According to the above, it takes 2 minutes to become unconscious. I too am considering drowning myself; in the sea!

Reactions: garrypallister99
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023

According to the above, it takes 2 minutes to become unconscious. I too am considering drowning myself; in the sea!
It sounds like salt water is more effective at this than fresh, so youve got good results waiting for you! Watch out tho, if you go into water that's too deep the pressure will hurt once you're at the bottom.
I found a site with some really useful info and statistics about this stuff, apparently most people who go out this way actually have a rather peaceful, calm experience once you inhale, so I'm feeling much more confident about it.

So far it looks like I'm gonna do it in a reservoir nearby, tie something to me feet and jump and let myself sink. Gonna exhale before jumping so you breathe in water faster, wear heavy clothing just in case and hope I'm sleeping with the fishes in no time. But Im actually kinda looking forward to the last part, where people say they have a relaxing experience. It might actually be worth extending that moment? Idk

Reactions: garrypallister99
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
That sounds painful but good luck…

Reactions: The Burning Fool, sadcesi and dggtscccvfd
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
That sounds painful but good luck…
The first bit will be painful, probably the most uncomfortable experience I've had in life. But directly after that it's said to be rather euphoric.

• Love
Reactions: garrypallister99, thecolourgold, YandereMikuMistress and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Drowning is such a painful and horrible way to CTB. Unfortunately it is so difficult to exit peacefully from this world. Anyway I wish you strength and good luck!

• Yay!
Reactions: iwantitall, DepartingWolf and thecolourgold
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
Drowning is such a painful and horrible way to CTB. Unfortunately it is so difficult to exit peacefully from this world. Anyway I wish you strength and good luck!
It's an assured death so long as nobody sees you and pulls you out. but yeah, it's frightening. Your body will take full control and you'll be kicking and struggling but eventually that'll stop. I'm just gonna try and stay focused so SI doesn't kick in. Which is why I'm gonna visit the reservoir first to mentally prepare myself.
Thanks I'll be sleeping soon enough, I just don't have a date yet

• Love
Reactions: garrypallister99 and dggtscccvfd
B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
That's my method as well, since I did all I could to find SN but without success. I don't care that much about drowning being painful at first, there's nothing else that I can do since I can't find SN. As long as it's effective - great.

Last edited:
Reactions: garrypallister99, YandereMikuMistress and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
It sounds like salt water is more effective at this than fresh, so youve got good results waiting for you! Watch out tho, if you go into water that's too deep the pressure will hurt once you're at the bottom.
I found a site with some really useful info and statistics about this stuff, apparently most people who go out this way actually have a rather peaceful, calm experience once you inhale, so I'm feeling much more confident about it.

So far it looks like I'm gonna do it in a reservoir nearby, tie something to me feet and jump and let myself sink. Gonna exhale before jumping so you breathe in water faster, wear heavy clothing just in case and hope I'm sleeping with the fishes in no time. But Im actually kinda looking forward to the last part, where people say they have a relaxing experience. It might actually be worth extending that moment? Idk
Defo not worth extending that moment, it could be a moment of sheer terror!

• Love
Reactions: plurkid
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
Defo not worth extending that moment, it could be a moment of sheer terror!
Yeah you're probably right. Still, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604_115432_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_115432_Chrome.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: garrypallister99, Nirriti, lazyegg and 2 others
B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
2-4 minutes :) at 8-10 your braincells will start dying. Best of luck <3

• Love
Reactions: garrypallister99, dggtscccvfd, bluebird16 and 1 other person
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TimetoGo!, bluebird16, plurkid and 1 other person
B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
How do you plan on doing it? Same as me, swimming out as far as possible?
Yes. In the middle of the night. I'm trying to avoid the possibility of being seen by someone. Just not sure about the month. You?

• Love
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I'll do it in the daytime, easier to see what I'm doing. Of course, there's a risk of being 'saved' but I think it's worth it if I can see what I'm doing. Not sure about the month yet, but hopefully sometime this summer.

plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
I'll do it in the daytime, easier to see what I'm doing. Of course, there's a risk of being 'saved' but I think it's worth it if I can see what I'm doing. Not sure about the month yet, but hopefully sometime this summer.
Same, I wanna do it while the waters still warm, apparently warmer water makes unconsciousness come quicker

• Love
B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
I'd do it in the daytime as well but the problem is that all the beaches here where I live are a lot crowded during the summer so I don't know how I'd manage to pull that off without being seen.

plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
I'd do it in the daytime as well but the problem is that all the beaches here where I live are a lot crowded during the summer so I don't know how I'd manage to pull that off.
Maybe go on a hike before hand and walk along the beach, you might find a place where there's no people around. Might wanna pay attention to the tides too, you could just get pushed back by it to the beach.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and bluebird16
C

captinman

Jun 4, 2023
So I'm planning on drowning myself, either in a river or a lake (more like a reservoir, we have one nearby that doesn't see many visitors).

I know drowning is thought to be one of the scariest and uncomfortable method but I think it's poetic and alligns with my ideals. I want to be eaten by the fishes.

My preferable method is tying a cement brick to myself, probably to my ankles or waists. The reservoir and river both are not very deep but enough to be submerged and deeper, using whatever knot or device which can't be undone, exhale as much as I can, stop breathing as long as I can, drop the brick in the water and let myself sink. I weight 120lbs, have light asthma and can take a large dose of Seroquel, smoke weed or drink liquor before hand if that has any positive effects. I'm not a good swimmer. Due to my BMI I assume I should have a quicker death.

They say drowning can take 10+ minutes for true death to occur, I don't care as long as I'm not rescued. What I do care about it how long it will take to become unconscious.
My assumption is because of my prior exhaling, i will breath in the water quicker, lose oxygen quicker and I will become unconscious quicker. That's what I care about.
How long do you guys think it will take to become unconscious if I do it like this? Is there any way I can make this happen faster?
unfortunately i do believe in pain after death so the reason drowning is so bad is because after going unconscious you will start inhaling water filling your lungs until your brain had no oxygen to function witch yes is 10-20 minutes but the most painful way of death I could think of
I hope you change your mind.
I hope you rethink your decision or change your mind about CTB in a whole.

• Hmph!
StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023
That's a really brave thing for you to do, but drowning is certainly not the best way to go. However, I can understand why you might see it as a beautiful way to depart. Imagining surrounding yourself with the beauty of the sea while slowly losing consciousness, with the last memory of you being immersed in the majestic ocean. I genuinely hope that if you choose to pursue this, you can do so easily and fast without encountering any problems. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: dggtscccvfd and plurkid
C

captinman

Jun 4, 2023
That's a really brave thing for you to do, but drowning is certainly not the best way to go. However, I can understand why you might see it as a beautiful way to depart. Imagining surrounding yourself with the beauty of the sea while slowly losing consciousness, with the last memory of you being immersed in the majestic ocean. I genuinely hope that if you choose to pursue this, you can do so easily and fast without encountering any problems. Good luck.
Slowly loosing consciousness with the immense pain following.

• Hmph!
endofafoxtwo

endofafoxtwo

silly red fox guy
May 1, 2023

I really would rather recommend you shoot yourself while leaned over tbe water if being eaten by fish is your preference. Drowning is a horrible way to die, I say this as someone who has nearly drowned myself.

Reactions: The Burning Fool, Praestat_Mori and dggtscccvfd
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
Slowly loosing consciousness with the immense pain following.
Regardless of the experience, it's assured. The pain will be temporary, then I'll be free forever
I really would rather recommend you shoot yourself while leaned over tbe water if being eaten by fish is your preference. Drowning is a horrible way to die, I say this as someone who has nearly drowned myself.
I'm not shooting myself, I've thought about that method for a long time, it was the first one that came to mind, but it's not how I wanna go. I appreciate your concern tho

I'll post this again because it's extremely useful information on the subject, I think they did very thorough research and have factual evidence to back it up. Everyone who's experienced drowning has an awful experience but it'l last around a minute, probably less for me because of my BMI and breathing method, but directly afterwards it's calming and relaxed. This is what I hope, it's what I'll believe in, it's what keeps me from freaking out, and it's whatll keep me from backing out

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
unfortunately i do believe in pain after death so the reason drowning is so bad is because after going unconscious you will start inhaling water filling your lungs until your brain had no oxygen to function witch yes is 10-20 minutes but the most painful way of death I could think of
I hope you change your mind.
I hope you rethink your decision or change your mind about CTB in a whole.
Some of us are sufficiently desperate to consider such methods. You don't know my reasons, save to say I have a physical health problem which will not get better. Am I supposed to live with it for 40 years?
It might be horrible, but it's easily accessible. I live only 8 miles from the sea.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, bluebird16 and plurkid
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
More successful examples:

Last edited:
Reactions: bluebird16 and Praestat_Mori
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
It's scary and funny and sad that the same night I posted this drowning idea my neighbors apartments caught on fire. I turned 26 the next day

Dumb Dog
Jan 11, 2023
I've drowned a few times, saved each time as they were completely accidental

the most painful part imo was the first breath of air after being saved. Still water or calmer water is a lot more peaceful, a strong tide and waves make SI kick in
Personally I wouldn't choose drowning for the same reasons most people don't jump/run into traffic/jump in front of trains/hang in public parks etc.
wouldn't want a kid to find my body once decomposed or bloated enough to float

Reactions: plurkid
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
I've drowned a few times, saved each time as they were completely accidental

the most painful part imo was the first breath of air after being saved. Still water or calmer water is a lot more peaceful, a strong tide and waves make SI kick in
Personally I wouldn't choose drowning for the same reasons most people don't jump/run into traffic/jump in front of trains/hang in public parks etc.
wouldn't want a kid to find my body once decomposed or bloated enough to float
I've got weights and leg cuffs to keep me down and the bottom of the reservoir is soft clay so I should stick to the bottom like glue with my weights anchoring me. Have you drowned before?

Im slowly moving away from ctb so this discussion is really for you guys at this point or until I decide ctb really is the direction for me.

Last edited:
F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023
I've got weights and leg cuffs to keep me down and the bottom of the reservoir is soft clay so I should stick to the bottom like glue with my weights anchoring me. Have you drowned before?

Im slowly moving away from ctb so this discussion is really for you guys at this point or until I decide ctb really is the direction for me.
I don't understand. Your first paragraph makes it sound like you're going to be drowning yourself, but you second one implies that you're not.